Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

hawowanlawow posted:

the D2 remaster is excellent but I think it was done under contract
It was done by Vicarious Visions, who Activision owned. Blizzard dissolved them after D2R came out and they are now making CoD expansion content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012

nerox posted:

PoE should just change to a pokemon clone where you are trying to catch archnemesis monsters. Captured monsters of course have their own skill tree.

If you want pokemon but each monster has a set of unique skill trees, I have good news for you.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Deki posted:

I still want to see a league with a base builder element. The tech is there!

Build up forts by recruiting random npcs wandering around in maps and placing furniture/traps/etc that provides various benefits.

Then use itemized invasion items to spawn an invasion and collect your loot. Difficulty and rewards are tweaked by your base layout.

Clash of Clans league? I’d say lol but they did do tower defense league

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
That's a cool concept but you just know it would be wildly broken for half the league

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Also I cleared a wave 30 simu the other day and realized that it was my first time ever doing so. Combination of max res, fortify, and ailment immune menat I could actually survive the onslaught, though there were a couple Kosis fights where I was doing like 2% hp at a time between it refreshing ES lol

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

hawowanlawow posted:

the D2 remaster is excellent but I think it was done under contract

IIRC it was pretty hosed up at release.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

nexous posted:

Clash of Clans league? I’d say lol but they did do tower defense league

Clash Royale league!

edit: Or magic the gathering league; add stats to all the div cards and battle players/AI in card games for ante.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Zero VGS posted:

Clash Royale league!

Can’t wait to build rares with AN mods and send them across the map to fight your rares and nothing ever dies because the meta is using the trickster mod that makes them run away

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Zero VGS posted:

Clash Royale league!

edit: Or magic the gathering league; add stats to all the div cards and battle players/AI in card games for ante.

Div card Triple Triad mini game.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

nexous posted:

Can’t wait to build rares with AN mods and send them across the map to fight your rares and nothing ever dies because the meta is using the trickster mod that makes them run away

Assassin/Consecrator/Temporal Bubble OP, pls nerf

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

RandomBlue posted:

IIRC it was pretty hosed up at release.

I think it had weird network issues on PC maybe? It was fine on xbox.

I remain impressed by all the detail work they did with the art assets. It's very pretty.

On console it's sad because you don't get any kind of lobby where you can see other people's doofy looking characters, which in my mind is super iconic for 2002 d2 lod.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Trade skill tree?

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

xZAOx posted:

Trade skill tree?

Purchase Trade Skill Points to spend on the Trade skill tree to unlock your stash tabs. This resets every league.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

xZAOx posted:

Trade skill tree?

That's the TFT discord roles

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Instead of voidstones you get Atlas ascendancy points for beating pinnacle bosses

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

External Organs posted:

In Path of Exile, waiting for Godot, the player is tasked with combatting the void. By remaining stationary in designated waiting areas in each zone, you may unlock incredible challenges and rewards.
I think this was more or less Sirus's backstory, wasn't it?

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
This is the first time I've stuck with heist long enough to do multiple heist bosses. They're bad. Thank you for reading.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Seems like they finally fixed it but some of them wouldn't even spawn a portal after you killed the boss

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

An iksar marauder glowers at you dubiously -- looks like quite a gamble.
Maybe d4 will be a good game but it’s blizzard, so i doubt it

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

an iksar marauder posted:

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

an iksar marauder posted:

J
Jun 10, 2001

D4 might be an okay-ish at best lost ark/arpg mashup kind of thing but I don't think it is going to scratch the same itch D3 does, nevermind what poe does. And at worst? lol :blizz:

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

I’m not entirely sure calling it a lost ark arpg mashup will even be accurate, more like lost ark but you aren’t trying to hit two percent armor upgrades to go to the next area. It’s got mounts and gathering and open world leveling with world quest events, much more like an mmo than anything else.

In theory that’s fine, maybe, but it’s still blizzard. If you don’t have faith in ggg then why in hell would you have faith in blizzard?

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

I’m not entirely sure calling it a lost ark arpg mashup will even be accurate, more like lost ark but you aren’t trying to hit two percent armor upgrades to go to the next area. It’s got mounts and gathering and open world leveling with world quest events, much more like an mmo than anything else.

In theory that’s fine, maybe, but it’s still blizzard. If you don’t have faith in ggg then why in hell would you have faith in blizzard?

Instead of nerfing things like those lame-os at ggg, blizzard just makes your damage and the enemy hp scale into the infinity! One weird trick Chris Wilson doesn't want you to know about

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
Diablo 4 moving moving more towards a mmo with GW2-style overworld events and some decent instanced content honestly doesn't sound bad. It's not like D3 has any depth in gear and character building to lose :v:

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
I will try D4 if it's free

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Papercut posted:

Gamepass, namaste

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Papercut posted:

maybe they'll give it free with a year's subscription to WoW like with d3

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i will play d4, and quitie frankly i expect it to clear the low bar of modern d3

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

It will at least be easier to play with friends than poe

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
That's assuming Blizzard doesn't come up with something worse than Error 37 this time around...I'm guessing Error 38.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Lightning conduit is pretty cool.

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

Welcome to Sanctuary! Nephalem Season 1 is underway! Reach level 100 on the free track of our Nephalem Season 1 Battle Pass to unlock the Necromancer, or unlock the class right now along with exclusive rewards by purchasing the Premium track for the low cost of 3500 Stones of Jordan!*

*Stones of Jordan may be purchased in bundles of 400, 800, 1600, and 3200

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Good job clearing out that rift, Nephalem! Here's your four rare items. and wow, look at that Legendary that would have dropped if you were a Tyriel's Finest subscriber (only 9.99 a month!) and had increased drop rate benefits.

If you subscribe right now, that legendary will be yours!

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Dr. Mantis Toboggan posted:

Welcome to Sanctuary! Nephalem Season 1 is underway! Reach level 100 on the free track of our Nephalem Season 1 Battle Pass to unlock the Necromancer, or unlock the class right now along with exclusive rewards by purchasing the Premium track for the low cost of 3500 Stones of Jordan!*

*Stones of Jordan may be purchased in bundles of 400, 800, 1600, and 3200

yeah monetization could ruin the whole thing even if it was good

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

500 good dogs posted:

yeah monetization could ruin the whole thing even if it was good

Lol, monetization will ruin the whole thing.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

theyve said cosmetic only store and cosmetic only battle pass

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Stux posted:

theyve said cosmetic only store and cosmetic only battle pass

I know I totally trust Blizzard 100% they would never lie to me their trusting fan.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

perhaps. therye usually upfrotn and proud about their demented plans tho for whatever reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
how p2w was/is gw2?