Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Honestly after seeing Tua get carted off i couldn’t care

yeah I've been just sitting her in a daze

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
He's traveling back to Miami with the team tonight so don't worry, he'll be a full go in a few days judging by the Dolphins conduct over the last 4 days

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Professor Funk posted:

He's traveling back to Miami with the team tonight so don't worry, he'll be a full go in a few days

Like I said he's playing against the Jets.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Professor Funk posted:

He's traveling back to Miami with the team tonight so don't worry, he'll be a full go in a few days

I absolutely get where you’re coming from but gently caress man it’s a hell of a lot better than skull drilling

NutShellBill
Dec 4, 2004
I AM SPUTNIK'S PARACHUTE ACCOUNT
I come in and post least once a year how the Dolphins are a joke of a franchise, and have been since Marino's retirement.

I think throwing Tua to the wolves was the last straw for me.

I might be done with football, in general.

I just can't support this poo poo.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
McDaniel is the real thing. Kept that team together and took a lead. D did well, but couldn't win it alone. Tua going home with the team is huge, but he's gone for a month, and that's four losses that should be wins.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

TheBizzness posted:

I absolutely get where you’re coming from but gently caress man it’s a hell of a lot better than skull drilling

No I was genuinely happy to hear that he's ok (relative term). I hope they have some sense and actually let him recover this time.

torgeaux posted:

McDaniel is the real thing. Kept that team together and took a lead. D did well, but couldn't win it alone. Tua going home with the team is huge, but he's gone for a month, and that's four losses that should be wins.

he was almost certainly a central, central player in your QB maybe having permanent brain damage, but yeah his game plan was excellent

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Sep 30, 2022

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

torgeaux posted:

McDaniel made as many mistakes as anyone else tonight but hopefully he will learn from
It because he seems like the type of guy who would.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
Proud of McDaniel for learning from removing tuas ability to

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

y'know we got two threads about how the dolphins are horrible and the great satan but i think maybe they're kinda cool, and sexy?

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Declan MacManus posted:

y'know we got two threads about how the dolphins are horrible and the great satan but i think maybe they're kinda cool, and sexy?

They aren’t and haven’t been since Dan Marino.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
I'm sorry but I'm...uh ya know...not going to not post in thread called gently caress the Miami Dolphins.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
It’s not just the fact we’re gonna suck again now. It’s that there’s gonna be an investigation and obviously someone did something terrible so we’ll lose draft picks, and face, and who knows what else. It’s hard to get excited about anything at this point.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/AdamHBeasley/status/1575692510898159617

is it too soon to lol at them still doing this farce

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
mcdaniel saying that he just reports what the team medical say seems like such obvious hedging to me but honestly i don't think anything is really going to happen as a result of this whole thing. the league will say it's revised some policy/procedure, at most a team doctor will get canned, and the same poo poo will continue to happen

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
It’s kind of incredible with how many scandals we’ve had over the past 10 years that we’re too milquetoast for anyone to care.

Bullygate, OL coach threatening his pregnant girlfriend while doing cocaine on video, Ross trying to hire Harbaugh while still employing a head coach, Ross bribing his coach to lose games, Ross tampering with Brady and Payton.

I bet there are more im forgetting.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

i just want a fun scandal like the vikings sex boat

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
I was going to make some dumb joke about Tua flying back but his brain coming later through express post but it's just loving grim man. He obviously got up on skates last week after Milano pushed him off balance and he neckwhipped the ground and shouldn't have been playing. But this week is something worse. Other sports have targeted sling tackles for penalties and have mandatory 2 week head injury playing restrictions. Shits hosed.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
How was burrow only sacked once???

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
This is all because your dweeb coach just had to throw everything into beating Josh Allen.

You got what you wanted, but now you've lost everything.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

pasaluki posted:

This is all because your dweeb coach just had to throw everything into beating Josh Allen.

You got what you wanted, but now you've lost everything.

I’m p sure I can speak for a majority of Miami fans in saying none of us went into last week saying “I’d give anything for us to beat the bills and have them make up whiny excuses”

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Metapod posted:

How was burrow only sacked once???

No corners to cover for any length of time and they just played 90 snaps 4 days ago?

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Amy Pole Her posted:

I’m p sure I can speak for a majority of Miami fans in saying none of us went into last week saying “I’d give anything for us to beat the bills and have them make up whiny excuses”

gently caress the Dolphins and all, but man I was not at all expecting Buffalo to take that loss with so little dignity.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I mean what do you want, it’s facts

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

man why the gently caress is anyone still talking about BUF-MIA, especially in the context of tua's injury

e: should have said "who really won BUF-MIA"

stuker fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Sep 30, 2022

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Ehud posted:

well my friends

I'll never forget those first 3 games

The week 3 news thread is still unlocked so Dolphins fans can just keep posting in there and pretend nothing else has happened.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I'm so bummed out that I've been browsing MMORPGs

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
What a total vacation of leadership.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Ehud posted:

I'm so bummed out that I've been browsing MMORPGs

Self harm is never the answer, friend.

I went to bed pissed and woke up pissed. Seeing Tua get stretchered out was one of the shittiest football watching experiences I can remember.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I had the very odd experience of watching the game in 40 minutes, which did not mention it at all, and the having to come to the thread to work out why the heck Teddy played the second half. Classic nfl

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

That was really really hard to watch. Tua seems like a genuinely good dude and seeing him get hurt like that was nauseating.

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL
McDaniel lied, Tua died.

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

AFC East 2022: Tua concussions or more

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
AFC East 2022: Home of noted liar Mike McDaniel

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
Get Tua one of these.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

th3t00t posted:

McDaniel lied, Tua died.

Sounded like McDaniel in his post-game presser threw the medical team under the bus then made sure to do an 8 point turn before doing donuts out of there.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

He let our young man get hurt so I will never trust him, little weasel looking motherfucker

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL

Mulaney Power Move posted:

He let our young man get hurt so I will never trust him, little weasel looking motherfucker
Just like Tua's real dad.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

How very convenient that Joshua Patrick Allen is the only one of our beautiful snowflake quarterbacks to not suffer catastrophic injury yet this season.

I know who I blame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Diva Cupcake posted:

How very convenient that Joshua Patrick Allen is the only one of our beautiful snowflake quarterbacks to not suffer catastrophic injury yet this season.

I know who I blame.

Don't worry, I have him as my QB on 2 different fantasy teams. He's a dead man walking.