Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drk
Jan 16, 2005

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

It looks like when Piggy Smalls' neighbors were trying to get him into it, the buy-in was at 10 cents a coin? But there were also multiple coins weird poo poo to do with transferring coins between wallets. I dunno what was really happening, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's still hard or impossible for most people to cash out.

Appears that the coin is trading in very small volumes at like 14c but I've never heard of this weird exchange and it might be fake

https://www.lbank.site/exchange/nugen/usdt/#inno

I also wouldnt be surprised if current bagholders still have their coins locked up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Maybe this is wrong of me, an ignorant dumbass, but anytime any group has to move to Telegram, it's a massive red flag to me.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

drk posted:

Nugen update!

Looks like they finally got listed on an exchange (the previous policy was "no sell, only buy")

If this graph is right, it... didnt go well:

Cutting out that initial drop which might be bad data (?), it looks like this

What did the neighbors originally pay?

More than the company who exited at the second it got listed, clearly. What's hilarious is the exchange listings cost money and/or tokens, so either the exchange dumped on the people or the nugen creators did.

I'd recognize those images, it's known as a death drop. Where there's no buying after the massive initial drop .Tokens don't come back from that.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Unperson_47 posted:

Maybe this is wrong of me, an ignorant dumbass, but anytime any group has to move to Telegram, it's a massive red flag to me.

100%. My favourite part is the insistence of fringe nutter groups who are on Telegram because it's secure and encrypted. It's not, at all. Telegram encrypts "secret chats" (which is a bad sign lmao) but regular private messages and group chats are no more secure than a facebook messenger group.

But Telegram is seen as the "hidden and secret and secure" chat so when people are up to dodgy poo poo they flock to it. You see the same thing if you have anti-vaxx, libertarian, let's-overthrow-the-liberal-government relatives. Chances are they're in a Telegram group chat. And if you ask why Telegram they'll say it's more secure and encrypted.

It's fascinating that the whole reason people would want to use Telegram is a huge red flag that this is not a person you would want to engage with.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

syntaxfunction posted:

100%. My favourite part is the insistence of fringe nutter groups who are on Telegram because it's secure and encrypted. It's not, at all. Telegram encrypts "secret chats" (which is a bad sign lmao) but regular private messages and group chats are no more secure than a facebook messenger group.

But Telegram is seen as the "hidden and secret and secure" chat so when people are up to dodgy poo poo they flock to it. You see the same thing if you have anti-vaxx, libertarian, let's-overthrow-the-liberal-government relatives. Chances are they're in a Telegram group chat. And if you ask why Telegram they'll say it's more secure and encrypted.

It's fascinating that the whole reason people would want to use Telegram is a huge red flag that this is not a person you would want to engage with.

Has to be an NSA honeypot.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
all the secure apps and services have learning curves and docs you need to read and then put into practice.

FL conregressperson /probably a pedo Matt Gaetz and his social network used Signal and LEOs supposedly have receipts. The Duggar son thought just having tor browser and a linix iso on his computer meant he was immune.

privacy/security is hard

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

syntaxfunction posted:

Nothing to hide, nothing to fear

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Me, in a trilby: Wow I love to use telegram for all my secret messages that the government can't read!!

Into the cuff of my trenchcoat: Heh, nice one, boss

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo
So BTC being below 20K (underwater for days) is all part of the plan, right?

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED

syntaxfunction posted:

I had a similar response to a co-worker asking me to get on Signal so we could chat. No way, no thanks.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

PhazonLink posted:

all the secure apps and services have learning curves and docs you need to read and then put into practice.

And sometimes they were compromised from the beginning.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Piggy Smalls posted:

Any of you goons in the know have any more info about Nugen coin? I’m the guy who’s neighbors are heavily into it. For the last 3 months they haven’t spoken a single word to me about Nugen like they used to do before.

Tell them you’ve heard of noogie coin and then give them a noogie

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

BlackIronHeart posted:

I had a similar response to a co-worker asking me to get on Signal so we could chat. No way, no thanks.

It's what I use for most of my group chats because the only other good option in a mixed-device group is WhatsApp and gently caress that. It's probably a three letter agency op but everything else already openly collaborates with them anyway so your only real other option is "don't talk to people who haven't been to a cryptography conference before".

Anything that might actually be secure is usually unusable and definitely unused by enough people for it to matter, and anything else in wide use has policies that explicitly state your information will be handed over to any government or law enforcement agency with letterhead, and half of them say they'll use your messages to sell marketing data about you. I still use those too, but Signal having a a level of usability and reaching a level of popularity that means you can actually use it with your friends means it's actually an alternative.

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010
I thought Signal was the safest app?

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

If you're going to discuss mycrimes.txt don't do it over any kind of messaging app.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Collateral Damage posted:

If you're going to discuss mycrimes.txt don't do it over any kind of messaging app.

Wait not even ANOM?

nullEntityRNG
Jun 23, 2010

Mostly pseudo-random.
Obviously the best secret app to discuss is the awful app, because no one goes on dead comedy forums, and the worst is just a bunch of goons laughing at your house or hotdog cart. :shrug:

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Get on IRC

edit: My ISP uses IRC for communications, so you KNOW they're the biggest nerds but can and will fix everything.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Rad Russian posted:

This bot made money by scamming a USDC holder (someone tried trading $1.8m and due to the amazing blockchain technology instead received only $500 and the rest was stolen by the bot). Then the bot itself was hacked by another crypto scammer. The whole ecosystem is just scams.

Imagine trying to transfer $1.8m of your money between two banks in a world where both banks are scams and then they use a 3rd party app to facilitate the transfer between each other which is also a separate scam. Then the
scam transfer app also gets scammed by a 4th party.

A decentralized financial system with the integrity of a Steam account hack.

Criss-cross
Jun 14, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Gutcruncher posted:

There was a test store somewhere that was a lan center that had an area that sold games. It felt like a good direction for the business to grow, no sure if they’re expanding that at all

That sounds like an even worse business than just selling games at retail.

Criss-cross
Jun 14, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Telegram is popular because it's easy to search for and join public groups, and they don't seem to moderate much.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
The trading bots I started to learn years back actually had their output to telegram. I had literally no idea it existed beforehand. So I do use telegram, but there's issues there of course.

For me the reason to use signal or slack is the same as irc: generally more likely to continue to operate in the future than telegram who has their own major issues. That and that discord kinda sucks too, with infinity bot spam the bigger the group you're in and the stupid server/channels approach.

Remember telegram made their own crypto token and has other problems (massive public Russian propaganda channels). I think they got sued over said token, too.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Discord is essentially just IRC with media embedding and some QoL like global IDs and asynchronous communication, some keeping the server/channel structure makes sense.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
Didn't someone make a setup that was effectively 100% IRC but it was actually using discord's servers through a third party app, even?

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Spuckuk posted:

Get on IRC

IRC isn't E2EE though, which is the whole point of this discussion

The more features you pile onto E2EE the harder it is to maintain security and usability, Signal takes the conservative approach (fewer features but easy to use), Matrix is on the other end (kitchen sink of features but completely inscrutable and questionable security in practice)

Telegram is in the middle where they only do E2EE for private 1-to-1 chats on a single device, since the complexity explodes when group chats or multi-device get involved

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

telegram is where all the war crimes and war crimes apologists are

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Telegram reminds me of IRC in the old days in that it's barely moderated by admins, there are channels for just about anything and a poo poo ton of piracy

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

nullEntityRNG posted:

Obviously the best secret app to discuss is the awful app, because no one goes on dead comedy forums, and the worst is just a bunch of goons laughing at your house or hotdog cart. :shrug:
You can even use a dead unlisted forum for your illicit affair butts

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
The best place to talk about crimes is in the GameFAQ message boards of long forgotten Master System titles.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Plan R posted:

So BTC being below 20K (underwater for days) is all part of the plan, right?

Just waiting for Elon to tweet something to get the cyptodrones semi hard so they get a fourth mortgage out to throw at it.

Actually curious about what they are tweeting atm:

https://twitter.com/JediWolfy/status/1575676685374328832

https://twitter.com/nft137/status/1575827765051490304

https://twitter.com/pivottwistdev/status/1575738721474957313

https://twitter.com/Cowaboonga1435/status/1575638759197929473

and finally

https://twitter.com/Neo_The_Third/status/1575574508659875841

unknown
Nov 16, 2002
Ain't got no stinking title yet!

You missed the best one from Neo..

Only registered members can see post attachments!

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

LOL, LMAO

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

purplestuffedworm
Oct 11, 2012

Proof of walk.

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer
How about a cryptocurrency backed by me making stir fry for dinner, and it's proof of wok

Victory Lap
Feb 25, 2001
Sounds good, we can get the effect you're looking for if you give me a portion of your stirfry each meal, and also leave your burner on for an extra 15min after you're done cooking.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Nah to get the full effect you need to leave the stove on 24/7, even when not cooking, don't eat the food yourself, and when you're done find a homeless guy to look in the eyes while you pour it into the trash. Then you take the trash out so he can't even scavenge that.

That's closer to actual crypto.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
cooktocurrency operates on a proof-of-steak system

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

last night i minted dinner on the crockchain and now it's a Non Flushable Turd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crust First
May 1, 2013

Wrong lads.
While trying to send my ingredient tokens to the crockchain, I accidentally copied a cockchain address and now dinner is hosed.