Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Should we pay off the private lenders? Or instead get owned?

lol I'm a smart consultant and I say...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
They made the promise and got good pr/politifact made a cute little 'promise kept' infographic or whatever. Why would they need to actually deliver?
Just give Brandon his nobel prizes already

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Seems like fighting for student loans to be forgiven would be a fight that democrats could win, because it's popular and makes them look like they're standing up for the little guys.

But hey...what do I know? I'm not a highly paid consultant.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Is he even gonna make it past the midterms at this point? He just went looking for a dead lady at an event and now this what is the reason to keep him around

e: wait let me answer my own question "because if someone else was president the people actually running things might face any opposition at all"

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
the dem*cr*ts are going to be destroyed

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Let me tell you about the Phoenix Program!

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Laterite posted:

lmao that's my loan type

i knew in my heart to expect a rug pull but still, god drat

the democrats!

e: lol

yeah

https://twitter.com/megamawax/status/1575534101658013704?s=46&t=jhAo5GLn2yWU6IM4AgTKd

“oh sorry these federal loans aren’t federal loans”

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I've received the news about the loans, allowed to crack and pung through me, and developed a defense mechanism: anyone who had that kind of loan is a chud, they messed with Dark Brandon, and now they're finding out. cheeto aint here to save you now, is he???

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 371 days!

lol this is infuriating, no fighting, nothing. just roll right over

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

wait, did people with private loans get notice before today that it was the deadline to apply for federal forgiveness?

bc that would seem to be worthy of a lawsuit of its own.

THS2
Oct 2, 2021

lol the weak willed here thought that the democrats were not going to be destroyed. how many times can you watch the democrats snatch defeat from the jaws of victory before you learn that the democrats will gently caress this up

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Laterite posted:

lmao that's my loan type

i knew in my heart to expect a rug pull but still, god drat

the democrats!

e: lol

you're now just like everyone with private loans, or everyone who just started going to college or who have kids going to college soon - don't be bitter at others good fortune! in all seriousness demand they buy you drinks whenever you see the lucky few

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

A functioning party would be worried about political risk lol

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Willa Rogers posted:

wait, did people with private loans get notice before today that it was the deadline to apply for federal forgiveness?

bc that would seem to be worthy of a lawsuit of its own.

there's an npr article which goes into more detail but yeah it's essentially a last-second rug-pull

In a reversal, the Education Dept. is excluding millions from student loan relief

"Today, according to federal data, more than 4 million borrowers still have commercially-held FFEL loans. Until Thursday, the department's own website advised these borrowers that they could consolidate these loans into federal Direct Loans and thereby qualify for relief under Biden's debt cancellation program."

"On Thursday, though, the department quietly changed that language. The guidance now says, "As of Sept. 29, 2022, borrowers with federal student loans not held by ED cannot obtain one-time debt relief by consolidating those loans into Direct Loans.""

tl;dr: democrat destruction in 6 weeks

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 371 days!
what votes do dems gain with this vs what votes do they lose?

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

THS2 posted:

lol the weak willed here thought that the democrats were not going to be destroyed. how many times can you watch the democrats snatch defeat from the jaws of victory before you learn that the democrats will gently caress this up

You never know, they could try their hardest and then on Halloween DeSantis executes a Venezuelan baby on TV.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

tenderjerk posted:

They honestly believe that the Dobbs ruling and hammering on 1/6 has absolved them of everything

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 371 days!

Nothus posted:

They honestly believe that the Dobbs ruling and hammering on 1/6 has absolved them of everything

Well in the course of 1 day this household went from "leans D" to "gently caress voting" so good job guys

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Nothus posted:

:hai:

neither of which comes up as a top-3 voter concern, lol.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

tenderjerk posted:

Well in the course of 1 day this household went from "leans D" to "gently caress voting" so good job guys

many such voters

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

THS2 posted:

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

evilpicard posted:

A functioning party would be worried about political risk lol

its actually working as intended

THS2
Oct 2, 2021

Ruzihm posted:

its actually working as intended

youre right, should have said the democrats actually arent “loving it up” or snatching defeat. the last time the democrats cared about winning and governing was roosevelt

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Democrats are winning right now so hard in terms of funding, the only objective they care about

It cracks me up when people unironically tell me how dems are harm reduction candidates, like doing meth in between games of Russian roulette is harm reduction because the meth is less harmful than the gun and the only alternative would be pulling the trigger daily so best get bootin dat meth

Jack-in-the-Bach
Oct 15, 2005

Homer Simpson said the lesson is never try, and the Democrats listened

Jack-in-the-Bach
Oct 15, 2005

Also the Dems do a great job putting things off until after the election when it comes to popular criminal justice. But when it comes to announcing unpopular things, just blurt that poo poo out baby!

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Tempora Mutantur posted:

Democrats are winning right now so hard in terms of funding, the only objective they care about

It cracks me up when people unironically tell me how dems are harm reduction candidates, like doing meth in between games of Russian roulette is harm reduction because the meth is less harmful than the gun and the only alternative would be pulling the trigger daily so best get bootin dat meth

forever votebrains are the best brains

Junkiebev
Jan 18, 2002

Feel the progress.

just one more senator bro. i promise bro just one more senator and it'll fix everything bro. bro. just one more senator. please just one more. one more senator and we can fix this whole problem bro. bro cmon just give me one more senator i promise bro. bro bro please i just

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Jack-in-the-Bach posted:

Also the Dems do a great job putting things off until after the election when it comes to popular criminal justice. But when it comes to announcing unpopular things, just blurt that poo poo out baby!

In canada our libs are notorious for not only announcing things that don't start until after the next election, but don't even hit the headline number until 2 -3 elections after that. But then when you look at the proposal it's actually reannouncing things that were already announced before the previous election!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Coolness Averted posted:

They made the promise and got good pr/politifact made a cute little 'promise kept' infographic or whatever. Why would they need to actually deliver?
Just give Brandon his nobel prizes already

Joe Biden defeated cancer in single combat.

Junkiebev posted:

just one more senator bro. i promise bro just one more senator and it'll fix everything bro. bro. just one more senator. please just one more. one more senator and we can fix this whole problem bro. bro cmon just give me one more senator i promise bro. bro bro please i just

Joe has more addict behavior than Hunter.

Platystemon has issued a correction as of 02:36 on Sep 30, 2022

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

tenderjerk posted:

they gain the respect of president joe manchin and vice president kristen sinema by showing how worried, and serious, they are about the deficit

they lose nothing because people keep sending them money in response to ever increasingly histrionic fundraising emails/texts

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Junkiebev posted:

Hello, my name is Joe Biden and I am a president of the United States. The Parliamentarian of my country has frozen my congress so I am reaching out to you today. If you can send me 29 american dollars right now I will be able to add more senators to my party and that will unlock my congress giving me full access to change. I will send you 500 Changes and 500 Hopes once my congress is unlocked. Please send now using your credit card, a cashier's check, or an amazon gift card. Thank you for helping me out of this situation. Yours, Joseph R Biden

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If there's anything I've learned chained to the leg of the party's stool, it's that everybody who thought they were getting something and is now getting hosed should become invisible, put on dark clothing like stagehands and stop drawing attention to yourself.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Junkiebev posted:

xi chengdu j-20 pls

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/metzgov/status/...ingawful.com%2F

:thunk:

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
just vote! we'll totally codify roe, give you that 600 we still owe you, and ban stock trading lmoa

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

quote:

Spanberger said while she agrees that reviewing the text is important, the timing of the text's release indicated that leadership was "endeavoring to delay a vote on any bill" that would enact a stock-trade ban.

"It seems like it's been a punt, after punt, after punt, distraction after distraction after distraction," she said.

lmbo how does anyone take this party seriously

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

ex post facho posted:

lmbo how does anyone take this party seriously

You’ve got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know… morons.

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin
loving corrupt shitheads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minion of Freya
Jan 2, 2017
Lmao the climate change approach is being applied to every part of government. Loud announcement of commitment to reform, quietly revoke it later when there's something else in the news cycle