Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

freeman posted:

Your original offer already feels like an overpay. I don't think the difference between JT and Chase is that big, especially in a full PPR 3WR league.

Huh, interesting. Agreed that the gap between Taylor and Chase isn't huge, but Taylor is still the most valuable guy in fantasy football this year imo
My biggest concern is with Kamara. If he's fine and has a good year then I agree, I wouldn't make even the original deal. But I have serious doubts about whether he'll produce at the level I need him to. Maybe this isn't the deal to do it, but I think I need to solidify my RBs a little bit by moving some WR depth.

This league also doesn't trade much, so getting any kind of traction has me really wanting to make a deal happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Quiet Feet posted:

Do any of us who play this dumb game have a roster we're 100% satisfied with, top to bottom? I feel like nobody's team is ever complete. Rosters sort of congeal as the season goes along but they never completely set.
I’m pretty happy with mine in a 12 team PPR league. Of course I’m also 0-3.

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Quiet Feet posted:

Regarding trades, I've settled on the assumption that while some people are assholes, most people in general just have wildly different valuations of players. I usually try to give the benefit of the doubt and explain why I'm rejecting but typically the worst I'll do is just hit reject, move on.

Yeah. Also “value” can be skewed by a ton of dumb poo poo too. People get emotionally attached to players, just enjoy rooting for some players, have their own “poo poo lists” of players they want to avoid whatever happens, wanting to avoid certain teams or offences..

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Fast Luck posted:

I’m pretty happy with mine in a 12 team PPR league. Of course I’m also 0-3.

The team I was most confident about after draft is 0-3. The team I was least confident in is 3-0. Already I feel like I have to take a break next year and not play at all because trying to be good at fantasy football is exhausting.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Looks like Kamara’s court date got pushed back yet again, so maybe those looking to trade him may get a better window to do so.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Varg posted:

The team I was most confident about after draft is 0-3. The team I was least confident in is 3-0. Already I feel like I have to take a break next year and not play at all because trying to be good at fantasy football is exhausting.

I’m just setting limits on myself. Last year I won a championship with a team I largely ignored. I was laser focused on another team and tinkered myself in to a 7 game losing skid (I had King Henry, to be fair).

I realize a vast majority of “being good” at FF is luck and also the knowledge and confidence to be patient and to know when to leave well enough alone.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Varg posted:

I’ve got Jalen Hurts who’s the QB3 by a wide margin, Ertz at TE so that’s the TE4, backed up by Hockenson.

WR is Chase/Michael Thomas and Curtis Samuel in the flex, with Doubs and Thielen for good measure.

At RB my top two might be Swift and Pierce, although it’s PPR and I’m holding Singletary and Breece Hall also, and finally Miles Sanders. Had Eli Mitchell but no IR spots so he’s currently a free agent.

But no wins yet! And with Swift potentially out 3 weeks I might end up in quite a hole.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Gobias Ind. posted:

Huh, interesting. Agreed that the gap between Taylor and Chase isn't huge, but Taylor is still the most valuable guy in fantasy football this year imo
My biggest concern is with Kamara. If he's fine and has a good year then I agree, I wouldn't make even the original deal. But I have serious doubts about whether he'll produce at the level I need him to. Maybe this isn't the deal to do it, but I think I need to solidify my RBs a little bit by moving some WR depth.

This league also doesn't trade much, so getting any kind of traction has me really wanting to make a deal happen.

Dude has not been delivering. What are you basing this on?

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

bows1 posted:

Dude has not been delivering. What are you basing this on?

He delivered in week 1. Week 2 was fluky. The usage was there last week. And his second half schedule is much easier. Assuming no major injuries, it’s still very likely that he finishes as RB1. Week to week, poo poo happens. There aren’t any glaring red flags that signal he’s wildly off course.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Yeah it's been 3 weeks and one of them was very good. Don't think there's any signs that we should be worried about Taylor and his price will likely never be lower if he is in fact still the RB1 or close to it.

I rejected the guy's counter and he decided to accept the original offer so I'm all aboard the JT train now.

Congratulations to Kamara owners, he'll now be good again.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Dango Bango posted:

Anyone else as disappointed by Mixon as I am? Stupid Bengals OL. Can't wait to get burned by him again tonight.

nope! Been burned by him before

Nintendo 49ers posted:

some players, have their own “poo poo lists” of players they want to avoid whatever happens

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Did somebody say Miles Sanders?

freeman
Aug 14, 2018
half ppr 3WR/1flex:

Andrews or Kelce?
Adams or AJB?

There's a guy with both TEs and I'm thinking of offering one of those WRs since I'm pretty sure he'll accept any combination.

WRs: Adams, AJB, Cooper, London, Wilson, Jeudy

This league is kind of weird. No tight end premium but 3 teams have 6 of the top 7 TEs. This guy, one with Waller/Pitts, another with Goedert/Schultz.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The start sit thread is thataway

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

kiimo posted:

The start sit thread is thataway

I think he’s asking in context of a trade.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

OH duh nevermind ignore me

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

freeman posted:

half ppr 3WR/1flex:

Andrews or Kelce?
Adams or AJB?

There's a guy with both TEs and I'm thinking of offering one of those WRs since I'm pretty sure he'll accept any combination.

WRs: Adams, AJB, Cooper, London, Wilson, Jeudy

This league is kind of weird. No tight end premium but 3 teams have 6 of the top 7 TEs. This guy, one with Waller/Pitts, another with Goedert/Schultz.

Who is your current TE and who is the best available? Wouldn't really want to give up either of those guys tbh Would maybe reach out to one of those other teams and try to get their second TE for cheaper.

freeman
Aug 14, 2018

Gobias Ind. posted:

Who is your current TE and who is the best available? Wouldn't really want to give up either of those guys tbh Would maybe reach out to one of those other teams and try to get their second TE for cheaper.

Irv Smith and the waivers are pretty bad. Engram, Hurst, Brate tier.

I offered Jeudy for Waller and got rejected. Probably should have waited for him to have another decent game at least.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Cool about to go 0-4 cause I started Tua and he just got his brain smashed on the ground again

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Going up against Burrow, with my team having Higgins. This is fun.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Inspector_666 posted:

Going up against Burrow, with my team having Higgins. This is fun.

I have Higgins in one league, and am against him in my second. Mixed. Feelings.

Murkyhumor
Jul 24, 2006

This is Not a Pipe.
Fun Shoe

fennesz posted:

I'm usually in the minority when I say this but in PPR you pretty much always want to roster more WR than RB. Especially because it looks like you have 3 starting WR spots in addition to a flex. You should be gunning to start 4 WR a week...but you do have some nice pass catching RB options. Additionally you have CMC, Rhamondre, ETN, Gainwell and Henderson at RB: you're literally never going to play Moss or Reynolds this season.

What I'd do is
1. Drop Reynolds and Moss.
2. Find the 2 best dart throw WR and put pretty aggressive bids on them.
3. If you can't find a few WR you feel decent about consider adding an additional QB or TE. I'd never advise this wish shallow benches but Kyler's bye could lose you the week if you don't have a decent option or you lose a bid that week.

Apart from that honestly your team looks pretty good to me. Your RBs are fantastic for PPR leagues, Ertz is crushing it, you have nice stacks with all of the Cardinals. But they're clearly not putting up the points everyone hoped they would this year so maybe consider pivoting if you can land a trade. I'd try and trade ETN/Gainwell along with one of your WR and see if you can land an elite WR or Lamar/Hurts/Andrews/Kelce, etc.

e: Am I nuts or didn't Josh Palmer get hurt this week? I'm pretty sleep deprived rn so I could be completely fabricating it?

Yeah, all of that makes a ton of sense to me, thanks! forgot to add that yes, league is 2RB 3WR 1TE 1QB 1FLEX.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

One player in my league seems to have some sort of QB curse. Drafted Dak, traded for Trey Lance, got Tua off waivers. Do I need to keep the thread updated with who she picks next?

Rick Grimes
Oct 12, 2005

We Are The Walking Dead

Party Boat posted:

One player in my league seems to have some sort of QB curse. Drafted Dak, traded for Trey Lance, got Tua off waivers. Do I need to keep the thread updated with who she picks next?

Please do, so I know who to avoid when I need to stream a bye replacement.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

DeepDickPizza posted:

He delivered in week 1. Week 2 was fluky. The usage was there last week. And his second half schedule is much easier. Assuming no major injuries, it’s still very likely that he finishes as RB1. Week to week, poo poo happens. There aren’t any glaring red flags that signal he’s wildly off course.

Yeah but all RB's are down right now so RB1 isnt even great, so just not sure how hes more valuable than every player in fantasy, thats all. Wasn't saying hes a bust

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
https://twitter.com/Kat_Terrell/status/1575841311889846272?s=20&t=nhIrlXLmewrb2I-Ouq3HaA

Time to load the Red Rifle.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Can anyone tell me if either of these trades are worth veto'ing?
Standard scoring H2H PPR league

tadashi fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Sep 30, 2022

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

tadashi posted:

No.

Don’t veto trades.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

^^^^^^THIS

bows1 posted:

Yeah but all RB's are down right now so RB1 isnt even great, so just not sure how hes more valuable than every player in fantasy, thats all. Wasn't saying hes a bust

The new system I have been working on seems to think running backs will correct themselves this week. Still using last years data, but it predicted a low scoring week in the NFL last year so I feel like I'm doing something right

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

tadashi posted:

What would be your justification for vetoing either?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

What would be your justification for vetoing either?

His trade was accepted and he immediately regretted his decision :v:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Everyone’s justification for vetoing a trade is “… but, that guys team got BETTER! …and mine DIDN’T! This isn’t FAIR!” *stomps feet like a small child*

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

RCarr posted:

Everyone’s justification for vetoing a trade is “… but, that guys team got BETTER! …and mine DIDN’T! This isn’t FAIR!” *stomps feet like a small child*

Yeah, I guess I just meant should I tell any of these people that they are horrible morons?
I'm all for letting trades go unless there's serious indicators of collusion between people (like a husband/wife trying to trade all their talent to one team or the other).

Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006
Sun God is out https://twitter.com/E_Woodyard/status/1575863344711536649

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

tadashi posted:

Yeah, I guess I just meant should I tell any of these people that they are horrible morons?

No, that’s not nice.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

tadashi posted:

I'm all for letting trades go unless there's serious indicators of collusion between people (like a husband/wife trying to trade all their talent to one team or the other).
No.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Yes call them out

Bobby Cox
Nov 3, 2006

College Slice
Is AJ Dillon + Devonta Smith too much/little/just right for Aaron Jones? Making that trade would free up a bench spot for me to grab Romeo Doubs off waivers, too.

Alternately, y'all think Lazard is droppable for Doubs? I feel like in another week or two the WR picture in Green Bay will be a lot clearer, but I doubt I'd be able to get Doubs at that point. .5 ppr

Bobby Cox fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Sep 30, 2022

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

tadashi posted:

The first is a perfectly executed 2 for 1.

"You get a replacement for Kelce and a starting running back*! What a deal!"

I'm jealous of that guy, actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Party Boat posted:

Someone in my friends and family DFS pool started Jimmy G a couple weeks ago. In the game where Lance got hurt. Someone else played Khalil Herbert in the game David Montgomery went down and Herbert proceeded to score like 40 points.

The nfl is scripted and the fix is in :tinfoil: