Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Aipsh posted:

Also playing Tunic which I’m enjoying more than Death’s door, although it doesn’t feel quite as responsive. I’m trying not to look up anything about it but it seems even more opaque than all the from games put together.

:yeshaha: Just gotta stay reading that manual

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I always drop this when game soundtracks come up: the Stubbs the Zombie soundtrack. They got a bunch of bands you've heard of to do oldies covers, most of which are used minimally in the game but form a pretty rad standlone album

ReVerve
Jul 13, 2001

Select and make your first pick.

Biscuit Hider
All this music talk reminds me of a question I've been meaning to ask you fools. Over the last few years I've been adding some old game music to my collection from stuff I missed playing or wasn't into at the time. So I'm looking for some soundtrack recs for games from the 16bit to PS2 (Genesis/MegaDrive is a pretty big gap outside of like SoR and Sonics).

Here's a list of some stuff from then I've listened to and liked.

Shin Megami Tensei/Devil Survivor stuff
Wild Arms
DQ's
FF's
Valkyrie Profiles
Front Mission
Evergrace
Ace Combat
Catherine
Tales games

I'm not usually a favorite list maker and it would most likely just be all fighting game music (which can be really drat good) but if someone wants to some FG bangers I can put something together. Also shout-outs to a few relatively recent soundtracks I've really liked.

Genshin Impact
Get in the Car Loser
Loop Hero
Cyberpunk

PS. Nice call on Rearmed Power Plant fish.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Sakurazuka posted:

I'll take SE's throwing poo poo at walls to see what sticks approach rather than AAA western gaming releasing two games a year which are all the same any day.

se has brought back the AA game and I love it

Also both tristrat and Live-a-Live will be in my year end list

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Casnorf posted:

look you can argue ohhh read the loving post or whatever but do you have any idea how hard it is to scroll up like satchel paige said dont look back somebody might be gainin on ya

I haven't even posted the list yet lmfao

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

ReVerve posted:

All this music talk reminds me of a question I've been meaning to ask you fools. Over the last few years I've been adding some old game music to my collection from stuff I missed playing or wasn't into at the time. So I'm looking for some soundtrack recs for games from the 16bit to PS2 (Genesis/MegaDrive is a pretty big gap outside of like SoR and Sonics).

Wild Arms
DQ's
FF's
Valkyrie Profiles
Front Mission
Evergrace
Ace Combat
Catherine
Tales games

I'm not usually a favorite list maker and it would most likely just be all fighting game music (which can be really drat good) but if someone wants to some FG bangers I can put something together. Also shout-outs to a few relatively recent soundtracks I've really liked.

Genshin Impact
Get in the Car Loser
Loop Hero
Cyberpunk

evergrace's soundtrack ownsss

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

ReVerve posted:

Wild Arms
DQ's
FF's
Valkyrie Profiles
Front Mission
Evergrace
Ace Combat
Catherine
Tales games

Genshin Impact
Get in the Car Loser
Loop Hero
Cyberpunk

Listen to Saga Frontier 2 soundtrack

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
sorry i will take any chance I get to post ridge racer/Namco music

this was on the launch Ridge Racer PSP game and imagine going from Game Boy Color audio to this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNYosr9dQYc

(this later got reworked into the title song for Me and my Katamari on the PSP)

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

fridge corn posted:

I haven't even posted the list yet lmfao

how exactly do you think i would know

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

also kinda cheating but The Saboteur though island blues is a personal favorite after nina simone and caravan

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Best videogame soundtracks:

1. Silent Hill 1
2. Silent Hill 2
3. Silent Hill 3
4. Silent Hill 4
5. We ❤️ Katamari

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

this list has a heart so its probably great i wanna wad you up into my life

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

just catching up from a few pages ago

why the gently caress would anyone watch a nearly 3 hour movie that got a 45% aggregate score on rotten tomatoes?

::looks back at movie details::

oh i guess bc its apparently nc-17?? horniness always wins

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
I am supposed to be watching nothing but horror movies for the next month, but I guess I can make an exception for a 3 hour NC-17 film.

CAR CRASH CRACKERS
Jan 13, 2008

commemorative spoons and tiny personalized license plates: the regalia of tourism
I don't have much of an opinion about video game soundtracks, but Ultima 7's has a special place in my heart. I don't know if it'll work for anyone lacking deep nostalgia for it, but I think it's pretty neat. :kiddo:

Here's some highlights:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk_E7FPnf7s Fellowship
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bACcXUDB95U Stones
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wD2iSwL2i5s Danger
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MFIMCXU6X0 Cave

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Hotline Miami’s soundtrack is legendary. Really gets one in the mood for a bit of the old ultraviolence. :unsmigghh:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I think my favorite game soundtracks are Street of Rage 2, Inscryption, Doom 2016, MGS1, and Bloodborne. Nier Automata was really good too.

I'm not like, a big game soundtrack guy though. Mostly I just like them in context of the game so I don't really have an extensive list. Inscryption is one of the few I'll actually throw on in Youtube.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

talmbout video game soundtracks itt and not mentioning journey or flower is a crime

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5dLo-Da6T0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vq4_HI-mIhk

the vinyl for the journey soundtrack is beautiful, too

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

ShoogaSlim posted:

oh i guess bc its apparently nc-17?? horniness always wins

hornt is free on the internet i really dont get it you seen one you usually seen two

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
When Returnal comes to PC, do you guys think it will have crossplay?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Dewgy posted:

Hotline Miami’s soundtrack is legendary. Really gets one in the mood for a bit of the old ultraviolence. :unsmigghh:

Roller Mobster :blastu:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
bought a new dualsense and lmfao they DONT come with a charging cable....!?

jim, you cheap bastard.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Who doesn’t have infinity usb c cables falling directly out of their rear end in a top hat now in 2022, get with the times

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Vikar Jerome posted:

jim, you cheap bastard.

I kinda get the logic behind that. Some people would prefer a USB-C to A cable and others a USB-C to C so you can just use your own cable from the dollar store.

But the real answer is to pad profit margins and encourage sales of their controller charging stand.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
The problem now is I have infinity USB-C to USB-C cables and a distinct lack of USB-C charging ports.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Vikar Jerome posted:

jim, you cheap bastard.

Would you like the charging cable that came with my switch pro controller? I found it like this welded to the carpet this morning.

Free of charge.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

veni veni veni posted:

Would you like the charging cable that came with my switch pro controller? I found it like this welded to the carpet this morning.

Free of charge.

thats uhh the one im using but lol it doesnt look like that :eyepop:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

History Comes Inside! posted:

Who doesn’t have infinity usb c cables falling directly out of their rear end in a top hat now in 2022, get with the times

i lost em

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I have never in my life had a USB C, or anything burn out of nowhere like that and now I'm just sitting around looking and all of my other cables and wondering if I'm going to be burned alive.It wasn't even charging anything!

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

veni veni veni posted:

I have never in my life had a USB C, or anything burn out of nowhere like that and now I'm just sitting around looking and all of my other cables and wondering if I'm going to be burned alive.It wasn't even charging anything!

What's the charging cable plugged into? If it's a power brick is it a cheap 3rd party brand, official Nintendo, or one of the legit 3rd party?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Was it early/cheap USB C poo poo that was just killing things plugged into it because people didn’t adhere to the standard that allowed for power to flow in both directions or was it another version of usb that did something similar

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Sounds like some carpet fibers short circuited the power pins on the cable. I think it's the power supply's job to detect that and shut off, so yeah...what was that cable plugged into??

History Comes Inside! posted:

Was it early/cheap USB C poo poo that was just killing things plugged into it because people didn’t adhere to the standard that allowed for power to flow in both directions or was it another version of usb that did something similar

That was USB C lol. An engineer at Anker kept leaving Amazon reviews to the effect of "this POS does not meet spec and might burn down your house"

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Dewgy posted:

It totally is, and I listen to it all the time, but it's also all licensed music which is the same reason I left Wipeout XL off my list.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

acksplode posted:

Sounds like some carpet fibers short circuited the power pins on the cable. I think it's the power supply's job to detect that and shut off, so yeah...what was that cable plugged into??

That was USB C lol. An engineer at Anker kept leaving Amazon reviews to the effect of "this POS does not meet spec and might burn down your house"

seems like a longshot but if it shorted at the terminal and happened to catch and also the carpet was super dry it coulda burned itself out and what you see there youd get no matter if the power shutoff worked or not in fact no shutoff it would likely be worse since youre just pouring more heat in

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

acksplode posted:

It was plugged into my night stand lamp. I generally used it to charge my vape (plz don't judge me). The USB ports on the lamp also no longer work.

I just ordered a whole new lamp. Just crazy I've never thought anything of leaving charging cables around. I'm lucky it burned out when it did and didn't torch the house, because it was under my bed on the carpet.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Oh I am gonna play the poo poo out of this game when it comes out

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I have mixed emotions about Modern Warfare 2 cause the beta was really good, but part of me just felt like it was the pandemic again and I was wasting away playing COD all day.

I can't believe the Battlfield ripoff mode is actually good now, and frankly way better than the new Battlefield. Except the lack of destruction is glaring.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

veni veni veni posted:

It was plugged into my night stand lamp. I generally used it to charge my vape (plz don't judge me). The USB ports on the lamp also no longer work.

I just ordered a whole new lamp. Just crazy I've never thought anything of leaving charging cables around. I'm lucky it burned out when it did and didn't torch the house, because it was under my bed on the carpet.

i am judging you and whoof yeah sounds like you got a bit good luckd

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Can't wait to see this story in an anti-vaping PSA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Guess nintendo dont approve of vaping