Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
the gundam overwatch game is alright

feels like im made of paper tho

i should try the mercy gundam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

amazon had "no profit" because it was reinvesting excess revenues to grow the company

also so they could pay ten bux total in tax or whathaveyou and drive everyone else out of business with coercive fraudulent behavior but hey who's counting

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ONErCvCKmI

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

VideoGames posted:

FFX Friday tonight. I am stoked. Where is the story going next? What beasties are going to attempt to destroy me? Where can I get extras for ultimate weapons?

I am so jazzed and preparing in my brain for the fights. I am remembering mechanics (air enemies require blitzball (Wakka) or magic if not resistant (Lulu), armour break with Auron, swift enemies is Tidus, Yuna is powerful and has a thing called Summons and Rikku can steal from the robotos and break them. Kimahri is also there.)

I feel the same way about this as I did FFIX near the end. Not really ready to leave this universe and these characters.

If you want to keep playing, X-2 is right there.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Walla posted:

If you want to keep playing, X-2 is right there.

X-2 is definitely the next FF I will play, but my schedule is Inscryption, then either Shovel Knight or Symphony of the Night, then Frozen Wilds DLC, then Wind Waker.

With X-2 most likely being my first game of 2023. :)

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I said come in! posted:

Finished the DioField Chronicle. I really enjoyed it! Game has a good foundation to build off of, and I hope it gets a sequel eventually.

Cool, adding it to my list of games to get when they are for sale. Played the demo and enjoyed it, but did not feel super deep so I was a bit on the fence .

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/PaulTassi/status/1575601706724864000?s=19

Reminder that you literally cannot buy Stadia games anymore.

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

Kerrzhe posted:

this is just monster hunter plagiarism

snarga walked so wiglett could... well, not run I guess

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Feldegast42 posted:

I've been trying to play Baba is You and I've concluded that I don't have the brains. The later puzzles are some insane :catdrugs: poo poo

Its real good though, would recommend it to everyone

It is definitely a game that benefits from the Fromsoft boss-beating approach of "put this down and come back to it tomorrow," or even months later. I think I finally "got it" on like my 5th runthrough attempt after years of on-and-off noodling. There's a lot of levels that just don't make any loving sense until you come back the next day and realize that there is no "LAVA is MELT" rule and you can just walk through the pool of lava that was stymying you, or whatever. I also highly recommend checking out the "Baba is Hint" hint site, which does a fairly good job of helping you direct your focus without remotely telling you the answer.

But yeah by the very end it's pretty much 100% :pcgaming:. Eventually you're, like, having to complete a level multiple times with different solutions to affect the solutions of other levels, it's peak puzzle gamer brain.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

verbal enema posted:

the gundam overwatch game is alright

feels like im made of paper tho

i should try the mercy gundam

Methuss I need healing

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/nibellion/status/1575837810325704709?s=46&t=BfCWhL5W9FRT6ImaR_Fdig

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Oh no I suddenly have a bullethole in my foot and my pistol has been fired

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Rarity posted:

Dom get your poo poo together! No one cares about your wife! :argh:

Gears of War 2 was probably held up by somebody in the seventh gen as a reason why Western games were beating out Japanese games and the story was used as one of the points in favor of Western gaming.

Because the feelings were real. You care about Maria. Dom cares about Maria. Everyone cares about Maria.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Rarity posted:

I first read that as you had a butthole in your foot

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Rarity posted:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Gears of War 2 was probably held up by somebody in the seventh gen as a reason why Western games were beating out Japanese games and the story was used as one of the points in favor of Western gaming.

Because the feelings were real. You care about Maria. Dom cares about Maria. Everyone cares about Maria.

didn't this also result in Japanese publishers making some godawful gears of war clones because nobody there knew what the hell they were doing in the mid 00s

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Binary Domain was fun. I would definitely be interested in a sequel.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Yeah lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XnFuyAfRuU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Binary Domain owned

Devs should do a second one instead of another crappy Yakuza

Viewtiful Jew posted:

WHERE'S MY WIIIIFE

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Feels Villeneuve posted:

didn't this also result in Japanese publishers making some godawful gears of war clones because nobody there knew what the hell they were doing in the mid 00s

You better not be talking poo poo about Binary Domain.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

the buttrock music makes this

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

BIG BO

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
You will care about Dom’s emotional journey in Gears 3. Oh god will you care

haveblue fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Sep 30, 2022

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

haveblue posted:

You will care about Don’s emotional journey in Gears 3. Oh god will you care

Gears 3 is a hilarious video game from start to finish

From the melodic Mad World that plays when Dom blows himself up, to Cole Train's flashbacks to Football while he's charging through locust, to everyone taking their armor off at the end and the women look like normal humans but Marcus is still a colossal steroid monster. What a good game

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

gamers

delenda

est

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I did lol when marcus and his girl share a tender moment at the end and she’s literally the size of his arm

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Omg lol

rox
Sep 7, 2016

rox
Sep 7, 2016

article: https://venturebeat.com/games/the-deanbeat-two-stories-that-show-the-opportunity-and-heartbreak-of-modern-gaming/amp/

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Wow, I'm suddenly covered in my own barf!

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://twitter.com/deantak/status/1575896022043090950

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Lmao

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

haveblue posted:

You will care about Dom’s emotional journey in Gears 3. Oh god will you care

All around me are familiar faces...

rox
Sep 7, 2016

dont worry its much better now

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

haveblue posted:

I did lol when marcus and his girl share a tender moment at the end and she’s literally the size of his arm

A video game finally depicts womens fantasy and gamers just mock it.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

The greatest drawback of taking money from a dictator that tramples people's human rights is that people might notice it

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Here are the games I completed for September:
OneShot
Lord of the Rings: the Two Towers
Xenoblade Chronicles 3
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle R
Assassin's Creed Valhalla
Cult of the Lamb
Klonoa Door to Phantomile
The DioField Chronicle

Sitting at 71 games completed for 2022 so far.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I said come in! posted:

Here are the games I completed for September:
OneShot
Lord of the Rings: the Two Towers
Xenoblade Chronicles 3
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle R
Assassin's Creed Valhalla
Cult of the Lamb
Klonoa Door to Phantomile
The DioField Chronicle

Sitting at 71 games completed for 2022 so far.
Hell yea! That's some powerful gaming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Feldegast42 posted:

The greatest drawback of taking money from a dictator that tramples people's human rights is that people might notice it

this