Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
tua 100% did not have a concussion frome the game on sunday, which is why he was monitored for concussion symptoms every day since then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hypnophant
Oct 19, 2012

fsif posted:

Fair enough. Doesn't sound like my "McDaniel just listened to his experts and there was little/no coaching malfeasance" scenario is all that plausible now.

To be fair here, from what I read of the concussion protocols in the snip I quoted earlier, I think it is probably true that Tua cleared the protocol. I think the protocol is wrong because it let a player with, in hindsight, a serious concussion slip through, but as written it appears to have a loophole that lets that happen. I do not believe anyone with medical knowledge told McDaniel Tua 100% did not have a concussion since that's not a defensible medical statement, but the concussion protocol doesn't seem to require that, it seems to only require that the med staff can't say 100% there isn't an orthopedic injury. If you think that's too stupid to be real, I agree but it's apparently what's written down.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

whatis posted:

tua 100% did not have a concussion frome the game on sunday, which is why he was monitored for concussion symptoms every day since then

I mean the flip side of this is “we know he didn’t have a concussion because we were closely monitoring him even after the game to confirm the initial diagnosis.”

Assuming they aren’t lying (certainly possible) it’s hard to get mad about a team doing more than the protocols require.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

whatis posted:

This feels lazy - it can easily be flipped as the team was 100% concerned etc which doesn’t feel plausible but it’s certainly arguable

I just really wanna see the report. Someone has to be fired

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

fire me

I'll take the fall

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
You’re needed now more than ever

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/CameronWolfe/status/1575907059400380431

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Deleted

What’d it say

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Amy Pole Her posted:

Deleted

What’d it say
Refresh. I think they just updated it for spelling. Same tweet.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

McDaniel is live now. It's basically the same message as before.

https://twitter.com/JeffDarlington/status/1575907863863738370?s=20&t=UTLWA_CvWODdi47mTqKzJg

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

MMD to commit suicide

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
??????????

https://twitter.com/marcel_lj/status/1575908013587808266?s=46&t=361oUfyyUY3jxqv3mlK49Q

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

tarbrush posted:

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1575896647254609921?t=X3acpVg7vdgwDNsM2m7Yww&s=19

Not quite sure why he was required to do daily tests if he wasn't in the protocol?

Aren't they supposed to check the day after any sort of concussion tests took place regardless of the results? Not sure how long that lasts for, but I'm pretty certain they are at minimum supposed to do the tests they day after the initial one.

whatis
Jun 6, 2012

Amy Pole Her posted:

This feels lazy - it can easily be flipped as the team was 100% concerned etc which doesn’t feel plausible but it’s certainly arguable

I mean sure it's arguable, but under the vast majority of circumstances, you don't continue to test for an ailment you're claiming the person doesn't have, never had, and has already been ruled out.

I know the sentiment I'm expressing isn't 100% for certain, but I don't think they deserve any benefit of the doubt right now. The team literally announced that Tua had a head injury during the game and then tried to reverse course using the flimsiest excuse possible, but then monitored him anyway? That doesn't pass the smell test at all. They 100% knew his head was injured, used the "orthopedic" excuse to skirt by, and then monitored him because they 100% knew he got his bell rung.

edit: if there is some sort of rule dictating you need to test someone the day after they undergo any sort of concussion test then that's fair, but that's the first I've heard of it

whatis fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Sep 30, 2022

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

This is from the NFL concussion protocol:

All players who undergo any concussion evaluation on game day shall have a follow up concussion evaluation done the following day by a member of the medical staff. This includes players with both a "positive" and a "negative" initial assessment. The follow up exam should ideally be performed by the same physician who saw the patient on game day, but this may not always be possible. If not, then another member of the club's medical staff may see the patient, who should coordinate their findings with the initial examining physician. At a minimum, the followup exam should consist of: a) focused neurological examination, and b) complete symptom checklist. If symptoms and/or neurological examination are abnormal when compared to baseline, the Locker Room Concussion Evaluation should be performed.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Deranged

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

His quirkiness is feeling a lot more annoying all of a sudden.

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
mcdaniel is george, tua is lennie, and mcgruber is the farm

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

McDaniel is 1000% a Wes Anderson guy. I don't believe this claim.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

McDaniel is the Tua whisperer now apparently

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
In the sense you have to whisper around Tua now

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

Amy Pole Her posted:

In the sense you have to whisper around Tua now

I loled, but sadly

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
MacGruber has the best sex scene in cinematic history and I love Tua even more now?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1575936722717786112?s=20&t=iBGHr3qNY6mNcg4CTiE__g

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

That's a few hours of defensive meetings the Packers will never get back

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
drat, now we're screwed,

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
CBS has to be like man can we get out of this game now

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Kalli posted:

That's a few hours of defensive meetings the Packers will never get back

I can’t imagine they even prepared at all. The only people who didn’t do a collective eye roll were a small number of PatsFans somehow trying to convince themselves it’s only a pain tolerance issue and Bill is playing 4D chess.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Diva Cupcake posted:

I can’t imagine they even prepared at all. The only people who didn’t do a collective eye roll were a small number of PatsFans somehow trying to convince themselves it’s only a pain tolerance issue and Bill is playing 4D chess.

I assure you I typed that as sarcastically as possible.

As I put in my work slack earlier, it's the difference between breaking 1 or 2 hours early to hit up the Cheesecake factory.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Jets fan:

https://twitter.com/pftcommenter/status/1575993084038746112?s=46&t=LKUgIVCIZ7R7SJw323gOOQ

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
He’s right.

There will be no serious changes or repercussions for those responsible for this travesty either

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Enough about broke QBs. Let’s appreciate the sex of this 2 INT momgod.

https://twitter.com/Michael_Nania/status/1575967073196310528

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

That looks poo poo.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Diva Cupcake posted:

Enough about broke QBs. Let’s appreciate the sex of this 2 INT momgod.

https://twitter.com/Michael_Nania/status/1575967073196310528

looks like a jaguars uniform

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Really projecting the look of "I spilled something on my pants and this was the only other clean pair"

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

sirtommygunn posted:

That looks poo poo.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
https://twitter.com/flasportsbuzz/status/1575973044195307520?t=_BSSekCZQITkSb2McUTw4g&s=19

hypnophant
Oct 19, 2012

For anyone who’s struggling to interpret these pollyanna-rear end statements, they aren’t telling us anything about when he will return to playing football, they’re only telling us about his likelihood of dying from second impact syndrome

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

hypnophant posted:

For anyone who’s struggling to interpret these pollyanna-rear end statements, they aren’t telling us anything about when he will return to playing football, they’re only telling us about his likelihood of dying from second impact syndrome

From a personal health standpoint, Tua should pull a Luck. The guys who are driven to be successful at this level aren't likely to walk away. Luck was a genius, and Tua won't do it.

Hopefully, he gets the rest he needs to not endanger himself in the short term, because he's a top tier long term risk. Every NFL player is a long term risk, but Tua is at the top.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Feel like we'll probably be seeing Tua by Week 6.