Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ExcessBLarg! posted:

Why is Quintet a rights nightmare? Because who actually owns Quintet?

According to Terranigma's artist the President of the company 'disappeared' and nobody is sure who really owns the rights. There have been multiple pushes for rereleases/remakes and they always run into that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.
After loving what I played of Dropsy and realizing that Hypnospace Outlaw was also on Switch, I snagged it too. Noticed the Dropsy Easter egg early on. Cool poo poo, y'all

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

As far as Lunar goes the license rights are tied up with Working Designs and basically depends entirely on them/Gaijinworks. Ireland probably doesn't have the no ey/staff to port and the Lunar IP owners have no real reason to give a shitm

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

PneumonicBook posted:

WHERE THE gently caress ARE MY ROBOTREK AND BRAINLORD REMAKES SQUARE ENIX???

Robotrek remake needs to happen after an EVO: Search for Eden remake. Same with a western release of Mystic Ark though that could just be part of a collection since it's neat but not amazing.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
https://www.rpgsite.net/feature/13323-nier-automata-for-switch-is-a-miracle-port
Yo I'm hype

S-E is so weird though, man. IP will either get the greatest port ever, a godawful lazy port, or no port whatsoever, seemingly at random.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Aarrreeeggghhhhhh, Skyrim keeps crashing. I didn't buy the full anniversary update, I'm just rocking the free stuff but I'm at a spot now, the bandit camp/tower near Bleak Falls Barrow, and have no idea what's causing the crash or how to prevent it. Of course there's no error number or anything.

I've checked for corrupt data, but came up with nothing. I don't mind bugs, but consistent crashes are just thought and through awful.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Aarrreeeggghhhhhh, Skyrim keeps crashing. I didn't buy the full anniversary update, I'm just rocking the free stuff but I'm at a spot now, the bandit camp/tower near Bleak Falls Barrow, and have no idea what's causing the crash or how to prevent it. Of course there's no error number or anything.

you're just getting the real bethesda experience stop complaining

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Cavauro posted:

do you think 'Trails of Cold Steel I' and 'Trails of Cold Steel II' will receive english ports to the Nintendo Switch Entertainment System?

They won’t but if your switch is modded there’s a patch to inject the English to from xseed into them

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Aarrreeeggghhhhhh, Skyrim keeps crashing.

Working as intended!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I will take any and all weird bugs, THAT'S my Bethesda experience.

But crashing without an error message?

:negative:

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I pre-ordered the physical release of Bayonetta from Best Buy and I guess it was delayed or something because I received an email today saying my in store pick up isn't ready yet and there is apparently no store within 250 miles that has a copy available.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Silent ctd (crash to desktop) is a really fun computer troubleshooting event, but usually on windows you go into the event logs and... Wait

😡

JRay88
Jan 4, 2013

I've checked for corrupt data, but came up with nothing. I don't mind bugs, but consistent crashes are just thought and through awful.

This update has killed Skyrim on switch. It’s all around glitchy and my frame rates have dropped a ton. It’s almost unplayable in some cities and even being in an open area it’s a noticeable frame rate dip from pre-patch.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

JRay88 posted:

This update has killed Skyrim on switch. It’s all around glitchy and my frame rates have dropped a ton. It’s almost unplayable in some cities and even being in an open area it’s a noticeable frame rate dip from pre-patch.

See, I heard all of this was happening with the purchased content, but not really anyone saying anything about the free part of it.

Until me, of course. :negative:

Well, my Steam deck gets here Monday, so at that point the Switch version of Skyrim can take a giant-blasted flying gently caress off of the throat of the world. :getin: But seriously, I hope this is patched, wtf Bethesda?

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013
I like playing the steam deck and then the switch after the deck battery dies in 45 minutes

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Bethesda gonna Ḃ̵̜̣̌̒̏̍ę̷̞̈̔̆̔ẗ̶̖̝̙̭̺̥̓͆͊͗̂h̸̡͕͕̯̥͑̃̐͜ē̵̡͎͇ͅṡ̷̤̹̥̩͕d̶̡̗̅̊͛̓̌͆a̷̢̲̜̩̽̌̌̈̕͜

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Borrowing technology from Fallout 76!

taco show
Oct 6, 2011

motherforker

I am HOOKED on dorfromantik. It’s a chill (great music) strategy puzzler that involves placing matching tiles to make a landscape. I burned an hour playing it by accident. Definite that “one more round” feeling.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Dpulex posted:

I like playing the steam deck and then the switch after the deck battery dies in 45 minutes

I'll be plugging it in most of the time; I'm just glad to have another gaming PC in the house.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

PneumonicBook posted:

Square owns Taito and remade Lufia 2 for the...Ds? 3DS? a while back but made it weird and gave Maxim a leather jacket.

I'd just take a digital rerelease of the og Lufia 2.

Would be great to get Lunar 1 and 2 yea.

:lol:, of course Square ate another company while I wasn't looking. I guess in 20 years every movie will be made by Disney, and every video game by Square Enix :allears:

Also I that remake doesn't exist. There is no "Curse of the Sinistrals"

Alternative joke: That remake sure was a cursed game

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Dpulex posted:

This has been my experience lol

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

taco show posted:

I am HOOKED on dorfromantik. It’s a chill (great music) strategy puzzler that involves placing matching tiles to make a landscape. I burned an hour playing it by accident. Definite that “one more round” feeling.

Never heard of it...is it a good podcast game?

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Dpulex posted:

What happens when you plug the Deck's USB-C into the Switch's USB-C?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I think the problem with any rerelease of Lufia 2 is that Natsume owns the translation in the US and those fuckers love to squat on anything they can while pumping out as many terrible Harvest Moon games as the world allows.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

ExcessBLarg! posted:

love

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

ExcessBLarg! posted:

switchpro

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

ExcessBLarg! posted:

Depending on how they are configured, one will probably negotiate to charge off the other.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

knowing Nintendo’s use of USB C it’ll probably brick both devices lol

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

What’s the wisdom of buying a Switch OLED in this, the year of our Lord, 2022?

I’m going to be competing with bots for the Switch 2/Pro as soon as that thing is announced, but I still just kinda want an OLED. They look great, and I’m hesitating a bit on playing some of the exclusives from the last year or so (especially Metroid) until I know for sure if I’m getting one or not.

Anyone bought one recently and regret it? Just incase there’s more hardware revealed in the next 12 months?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

My GF’s sister bought one a few months ago and even as a switch poor owner, I was very tempted to get one. It’s a great console and the oled screen is gorgeous. If you have the money just buy one.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

if you alr eayd have a siwtch theres no point. spend the money on games or something.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Cojawfee posted:

Depending on how they are configured, one will probably negotiate to charge off the other.
Tired: Playing Nintendo Switch games on your Nintendo Switch.
Wired: Using your Nintendo Switch as a power bank for your Steam Deck in order to play Nintendo Switch games emulated on the Deck.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Stux posted:

if you alr eayd have a siwtch theres no point. spend the money on games or something.

there is a point: better screen means better gaming. its just that simple

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Libluini posted:

:lol:, of course Square ate another company while I wasn't looking. I guess in 20 years every movie will be made by Disney, and every video game by Square Enix :allears:

and we still won't have playable kingdom hearts games on the nintendo switch somehow

or whatever the console is by then, probably the nintwelvedo switch

Spellman
May 31, 2011

I hope there's concept art and storyboard unlocks for this game because the layouts for these scenes are too funny

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Commander Keene posted:

Tired: Playing Nintendo Switch games on your Nintendo Switch.
Wired: Using your Nintendo Switch as a power bank for your Steam Deck in order to play Nintendo Switch games emulated on the Deck.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

ExcessBLarg! posted:

Please don't post my erotic console fanfiction in the Switch thread.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Bad week to show off Wiglett, when Fashion Week Diglett and Dugtrio just showed up in Pokemon Go.

They look so dapper.

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Quantum of Phallus posted:

there is a point: better screen means better gaming. its just that simple

Only if you play undocked frequently. Also just picked up Live a Live on the eShop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Having been playing the Steam Deck for awhile, I really do appreciate how the lower power level of the Switch means it actually has a battery worth a drat. I basically have to leave my Deck plugged in constantly to play anything and not have it run out of battery, while the Switch OLED especially I can play for hours without a charge.

It's why for some games I'll still buy the Switch version if there's no performance issues or the game has low mod support. Dorfromantik is a tempting purchase...