Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

can't believe the hashtag #MTGBRO is trending

And they said they were running out of three letter codes...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

HootTheOwl posted:

An urza PW would just be Approach but instead of gaining life it's an Obliteration
Solves problems through annihilation and then wins in the end. Where the end is 50,000 years from now

Exile all permanents. Put Urza into its owners library 50,000th from the top. If you draw it, the Phyrexians win.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

The World Inferno posted:

Feels weird finally seeing an Urza Planeswalker card. It's still charming to me that they treaded so carefully in the original sets with representing planeswalkers so that they're only obliquely represented by weird enchantments. Removes the air of mystery around Urza, who's name was slapped on so much but was w/o his own (real) card. Still neat to see.

he's had a card for over 20 years! :v:

if we're doing old/dead planeswalkers I want Commodore Guff

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

They're making some transformers cards, they'll be in Brothers' War packs

https://tformers.com/hasbro-pulse-con-2022-transformers-brand-panel-rerport-legacy-evolution-shattered-glass-more/47459/news.html

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

https://twitter.com/wizards_magic/status/1575906520910503936?s=20&t=dla6Ale3U13Ki-AMwiJOrQ

More info. This is gonna piss a lot of people off lol. I think it owns.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Transformers that do not actually transform.

Convertibles, robots that obscure their true nature.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

fadam posted:

https://twitter.com/wizards_magic/status/1575906520910503936?s=20&t=dla6Ale3U13Ki-AMwiJOrQ

More info. This is gonna piss a lot of people off lol. I think it owns.

Love starscream tbh, optimus is boring

Wish it was beast wars tho, beast wars owned

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I'm just glad they're not in a secret lair, they should be pretty cheap to pick up since they'll be relatively common and not that many people will want them.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Wheres my waspinator card that dies end of turn only to be reanimated at the beginning of the next

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Cactrot posted:

Transformers that do not actually transform.

Convertibles, robots that obscure their true nature.

Idk if this is true but I saw on Twitter that apparently the official nomenclature is the transformers “convert” into cars and dinosaurs.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

fadam posted:

Idk if this is true but I saw on Twitter that apparently the official nomenclature is the transformers “convert” into cars and dinosaurs.

Well that's even sillier.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

fadam posted:

Corporate suits ruin art once again

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Megatron turns into a gun right? Equipment on the backside would be neat.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
I hope they have transformer cards in the commander decks too.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I think this is the crossover that makes me the most displeased but probably because I can't stand Transformers Guys

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

fadam posted:

Megatron turns into a gun right? Equipment on the backside would be neat.

They're cowards so they'll probably have Tank Megatron and not Gun Megatron

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

They're cowards so they'll probably have Tank Megatron and not Gun Megatron

Tanks have guns :thunk:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Looks like all 6 were revealed (Prime, Starscream, Soundwave, Goldbug, Flamewar and Slicer) so no Megatron just yet.

3 you've heard of, and some repaints. True to the IP.

fadam posted:

Yeah, they said it's to avoid making transform generic and potentially threaten the copyright.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Aphrodite posted:

Looks like all 6 were revealed (Prime, Starscream, Soundwave, Goldbug, Flamewar and Slicer) so no Megatron just yet.

3 you've heard of, and some repaints. True to the IP.

Yeah, they said it's to avoid making transform generic and potentially threaten the copyright.

They've only shown 6 out of 15.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

They've only shown 6 out of 15.

Oh, I thought the 6 in the tweet was the total.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

those cards are so repulsive lol. I think I need to make a stupid rear end cross-branding-themed legacy deck now, just to gross out sweaty people at the lgs or something. I really want to pitch Optimus prime to fow just to be able to say it out loud to another MTG player, dead serious, and make them question their life choices

kalel fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Sep 30, 2022

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

https://twitter.com/wizards_magic/status/1575906536718753792

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

kalel posted:

those cards are so repulsive lol. I think I need to make a stupid rear end cross-branding-themed legacy deck now, just to gross out sweaty people at the lgs or something. I really want to pitch Optimus prime to fow just to be able to say it out loud to another MTG player, dead serious, and make them question their life choices

If I was your opponent I’d be more thrilled that you’re wasting slots on unplayable cards than I’d be pissed that I briefly had to look at a robot.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Also lol they named a card after this thread!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

fadam posted:

If I was your opponent I’d be more thrilled that you’re wasting slots on unplayable cards than I’d be pissed that I briefly had to look at a robot.

Maybe I'm misreading something but isn't Optimus an infinite combo with any sacrifice outlet?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

HootTheOwl posted:

Maybe I'm misreading something but isn't Optimus an infinite combo with any sacrifice outlet?

When he dies as a robot he returns as a truck, which can't go back to robot form without combat damage from your lowest toughness creature getting through.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

fadam posted:

transform is such a generic word that they can actually weaken their own brand by using it willy-nilly, apparently. it's incredibly stupid, but That's Legalese

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

HootTheOwl posted:

It returns to the battlefield on the side that doesn't come back when it dies

efb

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

HootTheOwl posted:

It doesn't say "when it dies, transform convert to front side" in its vehicle form

EDIT: the only thing more constant than goons not reading cards is goons going "well actually" at the speed of light

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
im 50 years old and I really don't want these in my boosters, no thanks

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Oh I misread it, phew.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
lmao at Transformers not actually transforming

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

kalel posted:

I don't follow Transformers, can anyone tell me if there's a robot that transforms converts into a projector?

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

A Moose posted:

How do they explain making an Urza card that has post-mending power level? Like yeah he's twice as good as other planeswalkers, but that's a lot weaker than the roughly infinity times as strong that he would have been.

Maybe Teferi's presence is loving with even pre-mending sparks. Making Urza less powerful than he "should" be is a good way to accidentally make sure the first Phrexian invasion succeeds. Teferi has spent god knows how much time being all "I can't travel back in time abloo bloo bloo," I can't imagine everything is going to go fine.

All this and they don't do shattered glass ravage

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

You're at a dinky little legacy 1k for some fun on the weekend. Would you guys rather see your opponent put an Optimus Prime, Hero on the stack or a big fuckin Murktide Regent that's coming in with four +1/+1 counters on it? You don't have REB in hand.

fadam fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Sep 30, 2022

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Boxman posted:

Maybe Teferi's presence is loving with even pre-mending sparks. Making Urza less powerful than he "should" be is a good way to accidentally make sure the first Phrexian invasion succeeds. Teferi has spent god knows how much time being all "I can't travel back in time abloo bloo bloo," I can't imagine everything is going to go fine.

All this and they don't do shattered glass ravage

Post-mending planeswalkers carry a virus that weakens the power of all planeswalkers the come into contact with.

They are...the Planeswalking Dead .

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

fadam posted:

You're at a dinky little legacy 1k for some fun on the weekend. Would you guys rather see your opponent put an Optimus Prime, Hero on the stack or a big fuckin Murktide Regent that's coming in with four +1/+1 counters on it? You don't have REB in hand.

Luckily I have FoW in hand. Topic Locked.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Luckily I have FoW in hand. Topic Locked.

No you don't. This is my realm. Topic unlocked.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

I know I've been out of the thread for a while but I just want to point out how awesome that new Mishra art is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Ugh, at the very least it's not the Michael Bay CG mechanical garbage art for them and just the nice clean OG G1 stuff.

Seconding on some cool rear end Beast Wars Maximals and Predacons. Beast Machines would be dope.