Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: hot cocoa on the couch)

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
ok, i'm not a tinfoil hat kinda guy, but i checked charity navigator and there are more than a few 'precious paws rescue' orgs and none of them rated by cn

what i'm saying here, gene, is mind your step, keep your eyes open, and don't get caught up in some bizarre cult or criminal organization kinda thing

e: paranoia snype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
None of that sounds very Friday.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Pope Corky the IX posted:

None of that sounds very Friday.

dee eight has been living the friday lifestyle for so long he's completelyt lost grip on what it means anymore. like the gambler eps of teh twilight zone. and deep down i pity him for it

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Your name is blue, you have a star, do something!

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Your name is blue, you have a star, do something!

hes on thin ice. also editing yuor post to mention a snipe is also illegal in the friday thread

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
awwww heck it's friday!!!!

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

hes on thin ice. also editing yuor post to mention a snipe is also illegal in the friday thread

Your mother and I are disappointed in you.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Your mother and I are disappointed in you.

everyone gets at least 1 warning except epic name who is kill on sight

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

dilligaf

e;voting 2 once again

dee eight fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Sep 30, 2022

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

lol classic friday attitude. keep it up

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

you're not the boss of me!

edit: great snipe

Enfys fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Sep 30, 2022

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Enfys posted:

i like you enfys but don't make me make an example of you...

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

every day attitude

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrAxnNDSpXc

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

i like you enfys but don't make me make an example of you...

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Enfys posted:

edit: great snipe

not a true snipe so no rule broken. we'll see what happens at the top of next page

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

lmfao i just realized that bird is a snipe :lol:

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

I got the day off because it's truth and reconciliation day and my company gave most people it off but our lovely provincial government hasn't made it a holiday because they suck poo poo.

I went to a march that ended with some speakers and drumming and dancing. Very moving.

Chilling the rest of the day then battletech tonight hell yeah.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Saalkin posted:

I got the day off because it's truth and reconciliation day and my company gave most people it off but our lovely provincial government hasn't made it a holiday because they suck poo poo.

I went to a march that ended with some speakers and drumming and dancing. Very moving.

Chilling the rest of the day then battletech tonight hell yeah.

i've been at work all day so unfortunately i've reconciled nothing :(

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

reconcile dee's

Only registered members can see post attachments!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Getting close…

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Getting close…

yep.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

i've stopped drinking beer and pop as part of my new workout routine. water only. started climbing and cutting out the daily 1-1.5 L of beer is like 500 calories at least. not that i'm trying to lose weight or anything but it just seems counterintuitive to start doing some fitness stuff and then slamming 2 or 3 pints in the evening

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
saag paneer. seltzers chilling in the fridge. it's Friday

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

i'm getting beer for tonight though

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

dee eight posted:

ok, i'm not a tinfoil hat kinda guy, but i checked charity navigator and there are more than a few 'precious paws rescue' orgs and none of them rated by cn

what i'm saying here, gene, is mind your step, keep your eyes open, and don't get caught up in some bizarre cult or criminal organization kinda thing

e: paranoia snype

Understood, however:

This is a relatively new charity, and therefore would not be listed on Charity Navigator. The person who started it is well known to me and Mrs. Genesplicer (They used to work at the same school). We have gotten our rescue beasts from her for years. She worked with another rescue for a long time, but the person who ran that one retired due to health, and shut down the charity. My friend started this one to take up the slack. We thought a fundraiser would be a good idea to raise some much-needed money, and do a bit of networking.

To show you the sort of thing she does, here is a photo of one of the rescues: This is Ghost (left) who was rescued from a hoarder home. There were 24 dogs taken. All of them were starving and on the brink of death (Ghost was supposed to weigh about 24 pounds and weighed only 8. Our friend managed to rescue two of them, Ghost and her sister. They managed to survive. Sadly, the rest had to be euthanized.

Edit: I posted this originally, not to solicit funds, but to talk about my Friday in the Friday thread. Tonight is the fundraiser we set up. That's all...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Genesplicer fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Sep 30, 2022

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

For all your low-carb alcohol needs, there is always vodka and tequila. They're good friends imo. I'm hanging with them right now!

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

it's not alcohol that i'm after, it's beer

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

Total Clam

satanic splash-back posted:

For all your low-carb alcohol needs, there is always vodka and tequila. They're good friends imo. I'm hanging with them right now!

I prefer Irish whiskey for my getting-blotto needs.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i finally dont have to work the weekend so gonna do an overnighter backpacking thing saturday and haul a bunch of beer up a mountain with a buddy

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 28 hours!
friday

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

Total Clam
Yup, Friday.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

i have obligations that sometimes require me to go outside and wear pants. i have fulfilled my obligations today and now i can just say no to pants

and yes to rum and cola, and yes to weed, and sure why the hell not to a pastrami and swiss sammich with a dash of spicy mustard

no to pants
yes to booze and drugs and pastrami

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
*runs in gasping and panting* fr

fri

Dé hAoine

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

i want to eat something spicy

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Doc Fission posted:

i want to eat something spicy

i was feeling the same so got some chicken vindaloo and let me tell you it hit the Friday spot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

nice fukcing find