Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

I like the brighter colors on original Jean's outfit but I still use the new one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Disappointed in the translation team for using the terms "mad scholars" and "village keepers" when "Akademiya Nuts" is right there.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
Missed opportunity to not have a desert-dwelling Aranara named Ararakis. :colbert:

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

SiKboy posted:

Disappointed in the translation team for using the terms "mad scholars" and "village keepers" when "Akademiya Nuts" is right there.

I thought of the exact same thing.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Voting for the Dendro may cry or

Genshing Impact 3.1: I will show you fear in a handful of starglitter

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Clarste posted:

He's just wearing a flesh-colored bodysuit.

I nominate this as thread title.

Leathal
Oct 29, 2004

wanna be like gucci?
lil buddy eat your vegetables
Do any of these new electro puzzles in Inazuma require or can be cheesed if you have an electro ability? Or is finding and using those purple doodads required?

I just accidentally found out how to collect Sakura blooms so I’m wondering if I should bring Lisa out of cold storage since she’s still my only electro character.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

The electro puzzles require you to have electro applied to you and I don't think Lisa (or any other Electro character, maybe?) actually does that.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Beidou can apply electro to yourself via her skill, IIRC.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Can confirm that Beidou works. She's great for those electro compass puzzles. Just stand where you need to be, hold her skill, and release when it's in position.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Dori can self-apply electro and I think she’s the only character who does

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

BoldFace posted:

Missed opportunity to not have a desert-dwelling Aranara named Ararakis. :colbert:

:vince:

Genshin Impact 3.1: They're called Ararakis in the Desert

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is this normal with every healer or a Kokomi thing. Two Inazumi campaign bosses. Not embedding for spoiler reasons:

https://youtu.be/h4xXPTCqAjQ

https://youtu.be/yHDd07yUAQM

I feel like unless they do radically more DPS I broke the game because my girlfriend says they're supposed to be super hard bosses.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

leakers saying there's an event in 3.2 that'll give a free dori

:getin:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Elentor posted:

Is this normal with every healer or a Kokomi thing. Two Inazumi campaign bosses. Not embedding for spoiler reasons:

I feel like unless they do radically more DPS I broke the game because my girlfriend says they're supposed to be super hard bosses.

It might just be that they're still kinda low level? When you redo them for domains they do get harder, but I kinda remember them also not being too bad the first time when fighting them in the story...

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
If I remember correctly, they've nerfed the story-mode version of those bosses in previous patches too. Presumably so people wouldn't get stuck on them.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
Things are not going so well for Albedo

https://twitter.com/khoidaooo/status/1575922808747528192?s=20&t=Cm-vyMHpvtdaIhB6q4ej0Q

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Danakir posted:

If I remember correctly, they've nerfed the story-mode version of those bosses in previous patches too. Presumably so people wouldn't get stuck on them.

That would explain a lot, thanks.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Elentor posted:

You're low level and Kokomi is really good at keeping people alive. I'd only give C2 Zhongli better marks. You'll get better at breaking them when you get stronger.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
C2 doesn't even affect zhong's shielding except in coop :confused:

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Harrow posted:

Dori can self-apply electro and I think she’s the only character who does

Razor does it in his burst! It's part of several incredibly hilarious meme comps, such as Razor + C6 Bennet, aka autobomber Razor who just walks at things while exploding.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

The duality of man

Only registered members can see post attachments!

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
nahida video taken from reddit, with actual combat and team interactions this time
some key takeaways:
  • Her Tri-Karma proc does have an ICD, you can see that it alternates between ~18k spread reactions and ~6k non-reaction hits in the video (the actual numbers are meaningless though, this is just a test server with arbitrary stats)
  • All of the green hits are >2 seconds apart, meaning the cd-reduction part of her burst probably doesn't work while Nahida is off-field. Otherwise the cd between procs would be just 1.45s instead of 1.9s. Proves me wrong! That design really makes no sense now though... If you use her off-field the burst is just a 200em buff and nothing else. Also makes C1 totally useless for off-field nahida.
    The cd reduction scales with talent level though so who knows, this could be a combination of level 1 burst and hitlag messing stuff up.
  • These together mean she applies dendro once every 4ish seconds.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

I...I don't even know if i want her anymore then? Every 4 seconds kind of sucks?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I...I don't even know if i want her anymore then? Every 4 seconds kind of sucks?

Keep in mind that this is very early cbt, Kokomi had the same icd problem and they fixed it before release after players complained. Now she's the best hydro applier in the game for non-pyro teams.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

People in the beta have been saying that nahidas burst does affect when shes not on the field so maybe its an issue with the private test servers.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Either that or Nahida's just meant to be your on-field driver for a dendro reaction-focused team. That her burst doesn't interact with her E's marks at all when she isn't on field seems to suggest they want her to be on the field.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

C2 doesn't even affect zhong's shielding except in coop :confused:

C2 gives a shield when you use your burst. Maybe this doesn't matter to HP/Shield focused Zhongli builds, but for my burst build it's a pretty big buff.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Tsyni posted:

C2 gives a shield when you use your burst. Maybe this doesn't matter to HP/Shield focused Zhongli builds, but for my burst build it's a pretty big buff.

This is what I thought as well.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Speaking of Zhong mine is c1 is he worth 90ing

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
his shield has big HP scaling and HP is one of the few stats that benefits noticeably from going 80-90 so yeah, he's one of the better options
only higher priority is reaction-damage characters like cyno or kazuha, where 80->90 increases flat-damage reactions by like 30%

it goes like
flat damage reactions >> hp scaling > def scaling >>>>> people who only care about atk

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Oh poo poo I've got a Kazuha that's stuck at 60, as well

I should level my dudes.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
kazuha is fun as hell go for it

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I was wasting my time leveling Collei cause I think she's cute but gently caress that, it is Kazuha time

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I finally leveled Kazuha to 90 a couple weeks ago and recommend it

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

I have no idea how you guys do the last ascension on so many characters. I look at the boss mat reqs for the ascension and instantly go No, gently caress That. I guess during a content lull between new country releases I might do some

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
i am content to farm anything except the big metal ruin worm

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I have no idea how you guys do the last ascension on so many characters. I look at the boss mat reqs for the ascension and instantly go No, gently caress That. I guess during a content lull between new country releases I might do some

It takes like 10% of the time as farming a good artifact set and is worth at least like 30% as much just from the skill ranks.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

it seems like a lot but if you aren't farming anything else with your resin you can run a boss like 4x/day and it drops 2-3 mats out of the 20 you need each time so it only takes 2-3 days of effort (boss respawn times are a pain in the butt though, you have to wait 3 minutes between each kill)

including everything besides xp books / mora / weekly bosses, the genshin-center ascension planner tells me it will take 7.7 days worth of resin to get enough crap to take a brand new character from level 1 to 80/90 with 2/8/8 skills.

the real grind is in getting a good artifact set. it took me like 5 weeks to get a crit hat for itto :negative:

also mora/exp, if you don't have enough from events and poo poo and need to actually farm leylines, is a huge resin sink that more than doubles the time to level a character to 80

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Also it's satisfying to actually be done and have accomplished something instead of just settling for the best artifacts you were lucky enough to get.