Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/kateconger/status/1575577084210032640?s=46&t=tpB-Z9zOiAu_DsoMWtKC0w

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Thinking back to the time someone in here was positing that Elon might not, in fact, be a giant idiot chucklefuck a while back

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Captain Hygiene posted:

Thinking back to the time someone in here was positing that Elon might not, in fact, be a giant idiot chucklefuck a while back

You see, he just *pretends* to be a giant idiot chucklefuck because reasons

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple

Hello Sailor posted:

You see, he just *pretends* to be a giant idiot chucklefuck because reasons

No, no, no. He’s a misunderstood genius who’s unfairly portrayed as a giant idiot chucklefuck by the biased media. I have read many unbiased articles that conclusively prove otherwise.

You want links to these articles? To read them for yourself?

No, I’d prefer not to share them ITT

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

https://twitter.com/MOOMANiBE/status/1575589478466715648

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

the morty & ricky guy?

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

busalover posted:

the morty & ricky guy?

Yeah, both Roiland and Harmon, the co-creators, have a connection to Musk. Harmon had him as a guest on his podcast years ago and made a big deal out of being friends with him.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
God I hope Elon is forced to buy Twitter and then makes people pay Doge to post

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Who would pay to post on the internet?

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

Lawman 0 posted:

I am once again asking Americans to destroy nerd culture.

They did and now we have iPhones, facebook, and elon musk.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Replies from that dumb rear end Jason Calicanis in there too gleefully ready to fire half of the workforce to hit some perceived "industry standard" for revenue per employee.

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

Anton Chigurh posted:

Well, I dunno. Haven't really thought about it.

I just asked "Why do they not?" because I was curious and hoped someone could explain it to me. Seems like a simple question?

If you want to know how smart Elon is. He’s smart enough to get a BA in physics but not smart enough to take upper division classes and get a BS.

Respectable but you’ll find smarter people all over the place.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
One guy I graduated with, in physics, left still believing in perpetual motion machines and the government covering up water engines.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

I just learned about this tweet from somewhere else and goddamn, he really does sound like a loving five year old who's using his imagination to think up the most "awesome-est" truck ever.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
Someone on Reddit said he was probably high and watching Hurricane footage, and that's why.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

busalover posted:

Someone on Reddit said he was probably high and watching Hurricane footage, and that's why.

ilmucche posted:

He's watching hurricane coverage while high and tweeting the first thing that comes to mind isn't he?

:mad:

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

killer crane posted:

Who would pay to post on the internet?

Not Twitter users.

lDDQD
Apr 16, 2006

King Carnivore posted:

Batteries and stainless steel float, right? Right?!?

Does regular steel and nuclear reactor float? I think once upon a time, people were skeptical about steel ships. Didn't realize some of them are still alive.

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

What happens when the CybertruckTM becomes a boat? Does it just get carried off wherever the current is going, or is Musk imagining it’ll deploy a concealed rudder and propeller to “drive” to shore, ala James Bond?

Fun fact: on early Model 3s you’d end up with water in the trunk if you opened the lid, due to a design flaw.

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

C’mon Elon, shame on you for not also making cybertruck fly!

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Didn't he previously make some claim about using teslas to transport people out of wildfires because of the cabin filters?

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple

lDDQD posted:

Does regular steel and nuclear reactor float? I think once upon a time, people were skeptical about steel ships. Didn't realize some of them are still alive.

To be clear: I am skeptical the Cybertruck will float. Or exist.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Guze posted:

Didn't he previously make some claim about using teslas to transport people out of wildfires because of the cabin filters?

If there's anywhere I want to be in a Tesla, it's a place with plenty of ambient fire already

I'm an accelerationist you see

lDDQD
Apr 16, 2006

King Carnivore posted:

To be clear: I am skeptical the Cybertruck will float. Or exist.

IDK, the company's behavior so for has been consistent with making new vehicles that didn't previously exist eventually exist. I think they can pull it off a 5th time.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

lDDQD posted:

go away

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

lDDQD posted:

IDK, the company's behavior so for has been consistent with making new vehicles that didn't previously exist eventually exist. I think they can pull it off a 5th time.

Musk is not Ironman. Musk is a bond villain.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

lDDQD posted:

You think that Tesla, the company that produces panel gaps that happen to have a barely-functional car somewhere between them, can mass-produce a land vehicle watertight enough to cross a sea

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
Isn’t the Cybertruck vaporware anyway?

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
he's an expert at making the impossible possible in the car space, which i know because before Musk bought Tesla there was no such thing as an electric car, or a Tesla car concept, except that both of those things definitely existed before he cut a check and took credit, look what i'm saying is i am very smart and i know a lot about this stuff

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Cybertruck was built using chitty-chitty bang-bang technology for the ultimate off-road experience.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

therobit posted:

Isn’t the Cybertruck vaporware anyway?

Yes

lDDQD
Apr 16, 2006

Somfin posted:

You think that Tesla, the company that produces panel gaps that happen to have a barely-functional car somewhere between them, can mass-produce a land vehicle watertight enough to cross a sea

That does seem a little far-fetched, but we've got some posters here incredulous at the idea that Tesla is capable of producing vehicles at all.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean doesn’t Tesla in fact struggle with that

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

CharlestheHammer posted:

nullEntityRNG
Jun 23, 2010

Mostly pseudo-random.

JossiRossi posted:

Musk is not Ironman. Musk is a bond villain.

Hes no more of a bond villian than Snidely Whiplash, and just as smart as him too.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
On the plus side if you get Elon to tweet that Teslas are amphibious then we get to laugh at tesla owners confidently drowning their vehicles /selves

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

CharlestheHammer posted:

Yes, and storage of the ones it does produce, and transport since they tore out their railroad connection and deliberately pissed off the rail companies- companies capable of holding century-long grudges- and also their factories are overworked unsafe deathtraps because Musk doesn't like the idea of hazard warnings.

And the cars they do manage to produce that are actually up to standard- which is a shockingly small proportion given the problems with the ones that they consider up to standard* - aren't doing anything new apart from an extremely inefficient battery power load balancer and trying to do self-driving using only image recognition. They are notoriously bad cars.

*Norwegian Tesla owners started a hunger strike with a list of grievances including that the cars don't start when it's cold, they don't start when it's warm, the cars are rusting when bought new, and the doors randomly open during operation.

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021
I love how America's obsession with sending text messages (akin to the Japanese and their thing with fax machines) has led to so many idiots getting caught saying or doing stupid rear end poo poo. Maybe some day the US will wise up to how much worse text messages are for privacy than other lovely-but-slighty-safer options with end-to-end encryption, but I don't think it will be during this decade.

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple
I’m not really talking about crimes with my friends and family over text, so I’m not too worried

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Somfin posted:

Yes, and storage of the ones it does produce, and transport since they tore out their railroad connection and deliberately pissed off the rail companies- companies capable of holding century-long grudges- and also their factories are overworked unsafe deathtraps because Musk doesn't like the idea of hazard warnings.

And the cars they do manage to produce that are actually up to standard- which is a shockingly small proportion given the problems with the ones that they consider up to standard* - aren't doing anything new apart from an extremely inefficient battery power load balancer and trying to do self-driving using only image recognition. They are notoriously bad cars.

*Norwegian Tesla owners started a hunger strike with a list of grievances including that the cars don't start when it's cold, they don't start when it's warm, the cars are rusting when bought new, and the doors randomly open during operation.

are the cars still poo poo? it seems like the coverage of stuff like whompy wheels and random fires seems to have fallen off