Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I'm hearing good things about a Zhongli/Candace/Yelan/Xinqiu team where Zhongli is the main DPS with petra+hydro cup and Candace having 4PC Noblesse. Is that legit? I wouldn't mind a team where I can have Zhongli out for once wrecking rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Stare-Out posted:

I'm hearing good things about a Zhongli/Candace/Yelan/Xinqiu team where Zhongli is the main DPS with petra+hydro cup and Candace having 4PC Noblesse. Is that legit? I wouldn't mind a team where I can have Zhongli out for once wrecking rear end.

you might have issues with rotation times since Candace's buff lasts like 9s but Yelan+Xingqiu cds mean you want 21-second rotations, so you'll have to fill a lot of time.
it's probably not the best team ever but just from the OP hydro duo alone it at least usable

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I have no idea how you guys do the last ascension on so many characters. I look at the boss mat reqs for the ascension and instantly go No, gently caress That. I guess during a content lull between new country releases I might do some

Kill the boss a few times a day, repeat

Or get high

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

you might have issues with rotation times since Candace's buff lasts like 9s but Yelan+Xingqiu cds mean you want 21-second rotations, so you'll have to fill a lot of time.
it's probably not the best team ever but just from the OP hydro duo alone it at least usable

I mean yeah, Yelan/Xinqiu makes almost anyone usable for melee but Candace is meant to be the key ingredient there. What's the cooldown on her burst again? She'd get plenty of particles after all plus the HP bonus from Hydro resonance so 9 seconds of Zhongli going nuts with melee I could live with.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

just keep paying to refill your resin and do it in a day :shepicide:

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I have no idea how you guys do the last ascension on so many characters. I look at the boss mat reqs for the ascension and instantly go No, gently caress That. I guess during a content lull between new country releases I might do some

Battle pass wants me to do 10 boss fights a week, I spend on 10 boss fights a week instead of cheating them out in the spiral abyss. As long as you're actually using the drops they'll pile up little by little, and it's not like those six perfect gemstones are going to start raining from the sky anyway.

Also if you're still early world level days, eventually the overworld bosses drop 2 or 3 mats instead of just 1, so it takes less fights total.

Glazius fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Sep 30, 2022

Kale
May 14, 2010

FractalSandwich posted:

I've never seen her original outfit, so I can't compare them, but as she is now she has one of my favourite character designs in the entire game.

As long as you aren't playing the Chinese version of the game, if you have her just go into her costume tab and its the other costume in there by default. Its almost identical just slightly different top part and exposed cleavage.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Ok, I'm convinced. I'll start working on ascensions...As soon as I get some artifacts to put on Venti...

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Elentor posted:

Is this normal with every healer or a Kokomi thing. Two Inazumi campaign bosses. Not embedding for spoiler reasons:

https://youtu.be/h4xXPTCqAjQ

https://youtu.be/yHDd07yUAQM

I feel like unless they do radically more DPS I broke the game because my girlfriend says they're supposed to be super hard bosses.

Kokomi can do pretty good damage, you're also 13 levels over the bosses, which probably helps if you've been keeping up your weapon and artifact levels. Generally when people are farming the harder versions they're equal or bigger than you, in addition to the story versions being a little easier as folks mentioned.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Kale posted:

As long as you aren't playing the Chinese version of the game, if you have her just go into her costume tab and its the other costume in there by default. Its almost identical just slightly different top part and exposed cleavage.

That assumes you have her.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Clarste posted:

That assumes you have her.

Do you have to have her to see both versions from the character archive?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

Do you have to have her to see both versions from the character archive?

I've never even considered that, but yes, I just checked.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Genshin Impact 3.1 - I bought 99 pulls and got Qiqi'd in 1

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I have no idea how you guys do the last ascension on so many characters.

Suffering through the artifact lottery being an almost-guaranteed-waste-of-effort is way more soul crushing than just adding up the resin it takes to level a character and talents.

Number get a bit bigger for sure is worth more than number might get more bigger, but very likely not.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
The Mondstadt characters are just fun to hang out with. Good event so far! Reminds me of the Liyue cooking contest a bit.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

sushibandit posted:

Genshin Impact 3.1 - I bought 99 pulls and got Qiqi'd in 1

Suffering through the artifact lottery being an almost-guaranteed-waste-of-effort is way more soul crushing than just adding up the resin it takes to level a character and talents.

Number get a bit bigger for sure is worth more than number might get more bigger, but very likely not.

Where were you able to get the pretty screenshot with all your characters and their constellations?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

C6 Kaeya :stare:

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Where were you able to get the pretty screenshot with all your characters and their constellations?

https://act.hoyolab.com/app/community-game-records-sea/index.html#/ys and click "all characters"

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Does anything in the mondstadt thing require stuff like daily logins?

I don't really have too much free time at the moment and I've had to wind genshin down to dailies and resin at the moment. But I'd skip the resin if there's some time gated stuff.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

MoonCrab posted:

Does anything in the mondstadt thing require stuff like daily logins?

I don't really have too much free time at the moment and I've had to wind genshin down to dailies and resin at the moment. But I'd skip the resin if there's some time gated stuff.

It doesn't seem like it, but it's still unlocking stuff day by day and the fourth thing to do isn't available yet. It may be a lot to do all at once if you do it later but there's a couple of weeks (ends on the 17th).

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

sushibandit posted:

My sad noob collection for comparison:

I gave up on artifacts weeks ago, but the Traveller is still my only A6. I've been too focused on getting everyone to 50/60 for the free wishes, I guess. I do foresee a level 90 Heizou and Fischl in my near future, at least.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Harrow posted:

C6 Lisa too. But based on the C3 Amber, I reckon they've been buying from the shop every time they come up. Since release, they've each been offered four times, so they'd only need to naturally roll a constellation a handful of times.

I've never bought any and have C2 Kaeya/C1 Lisa.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I did get C1 Candace so I will see how she does on my team. Kind of miss Tartaglia's stats but the fact that I have an elemental skill that lends itself to character switching is appealing.

And I did end up really liking Dori, so anything is possible I suppose.

EDIT: I just got to Liyue and WHO KEEPS PUTTING STEALTH MISSIONS IN GAMES THAT WERE NEVER MADE FOR IT?! WHO?!

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

ninjoatse.cx posted:

What RPATDO_LAMD posted, and I popped open the browser devtools and manually changed the stupid unnecessary padding to fit more characters per row for a nice pretty screenshot as well.

Harrow posted:

gandlethorpe posted:

C6 Lisa too.
Buying them from the glittershop every time they've been available and decent luck on standard banner with freepulls and ascensionpulls. Been playing since the first Klee banner, so I think I missed one, maybe two shop rotations?

FractalSandwich posted:

I do foresee a level 90 Heizou and Fischl in my near future, at least.
Sucrose and Heizou are worth taking to 90 imo, as swirl scaling massively benefits from the last handful of levels. Bennett as well since his buff only scales off base ATK. The rest are situational/preference, though fishl and xingqiu and xiangling are all good options since they're some of the strongest characters in the game, despite being 4stars.

I'd recommend only grinding artifacts until you have the correct mainstat on the correct set(s) you want, then level up your characters and talents to 80/?/8/8, then you can either keep going with the characters you really like/benefit more from the final ascension, or switch back to artifacts to try and get usable substats too.

I hate artifact grinding even more than talent and weapon material grinding, so I've been more focused on character levels, though sumeru dropping put a bit of a dent in that as I've been spending most of my resin on the new bosses and artifact domain to try and get something usable for the newshiny dendro characters :P

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I finished Inazuma today and uhhh that was the lowest point of the game so far to me. The two required side-quests of the date and the firework were some of the biggest walls of text I've seen in a game, and I can't imagine how the VAs didn't get a sore throat after going through it. The pace was weird, I spent less time battling at the front of a war than I did baking a pizza. I thought the beginning took way too long to setup what was the characters and then in a matter of an hour or two the plot was concluded.

Also my girlfriend sadistically told me there was an oculus at the top of the Shogun's house and that was a fun session of Getting Over It.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Elentor posted:

Also my girlfriend sadistically told me there was an oculus at the top of the Shogun's house and that was a fun session of Getting Over It.

That's the thing that finally got me to craft the stupid gust jar, after an hour of trying to finagle my way up the eaves with tiny characters and zhongli's pillar.

You might have to wait ages to do that though, I'm pretty sure it's a mondstadt reputation item and they helpfully designed reputation to take ages to get.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Zenostein posted:

That's the thing that finally got me to craft the stupid gust jar, after an hour of trying to finagle my way up the eaves with tiny characters and zhongli's pillar.

You might have to wait ages to do that though, I'm pretty sure it's a mondstadt reputation item and they helpfully designed reputation to take ages to get.
This is also why Kazuha is a must-pull. Not because he's a top tier unit in his own right (although he is), but because he can double jump.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I got it but it took me quite a while, legit felt like Getting Over It.

Koridan
Apr 29, 2009
After 2 years of losing 50/50s it finally happened.

https://imgur.com/a/G9PUYaO

Any teams that work well with her? I've been playing around with dendro/electro and that seems decent.

Koridan fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Oct 1, 2022

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Zenostein posted:

It is, but it's only level 3, so it's not too hard to unlock. The more painful part for me was farming the Hurricane Seeds, since the boss usually only drops one at a time at lower World Levels.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Koridan posted:

After 2 years of losing 50/50s it finally happened.

https://imgur.com/a/G9PUYaO

Any teams that work well with her? I've been playing around with dendro/electro and that seems decent.

Keqing became legit good with Dendro and Thunderfury

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Clarste posted:

I've never even considered that, but yes, I just checked.

I believe you can still see the two versions if you go into the costume shop and preview her summer outfit that's for sale, it lets you compare all 3 outfits. In her default pose you can't quite see the dorkiest part of the new outfit. At first I assumed she was wearing a full jacket, but she's actually just wearing a sleeveless vest, detatched sleeves and then those gloves with a mantle over her shoulders.

Elentor posted:

I finished Inazuma today and uhhh that was the lowest point of the game so far to me. The two required side-quests of the date and the firework were some of the biggest walls of text I've seen in a game, and I can't imagine how the VAs didn't get a sore throat after going through it. The pace was weird, I spent less time battling at the front of a war than I did baking a pizza. I thought the beginning took way too long to setup what was the characters and then in a matter of an hour or two the plot was concluded.

Keep in mind Inazuma doesn't actually end when you finish the main archon quest. I mean more so than other zones having stuff you can do, the main story threads are tied up in character stories -which feature even more walls of text and dates- and story quests that have you going places and learning the actual lore of areas through actual gameplay. Like you find out about something going on under that great Sakura shrine, and what's up with a bunch of the islands.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

inazuma felt like a combination of them reaching a bit beyond the engine's means with the war story and also covid causing massive development hiccups. just a bad combination.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I do think the set pieces with the Raiden Shogun are cool, it's just the journey to get there is... weird.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
I could see the resistance dude arc being an engine limitation but being forced into hours long dating quests of the characters that had their banners up at the time while the resistance got barely 30 min of screen time felt like an intentional choice. They didn't seem that interested themselves in telling the war story, instead wanted to get it over with and move one with more dating quests.

The lowest point for me came directly after with the childe and xinyan exposition vomit event and new players are lucky to miss that one.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the resistance got barely any screentime because they cant actually show war scenes. they can, however, do walking around with one character and having them talk

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

AParadox posted:

I could see the resistance dude arc being an engine limitation but being forced into hours long dating quests of the characters that had their banners up at the time while the resistance got barely 30 min of screen time felt like an intentional choice. They didn't seem that interested themselves in telling the war story, instead wanted to get it over with and move one with more dating quests.

The lowest point for me came directly after with the childe and xinyan exposition vomit event and new players are lucky to miss that one.

I've been wondering why they didn't just call up Square and have them whip up an 8 minute cutscene of both armies fighting for them

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
not a fan of the fact that the first message you get back from CS when reporting a bug is "Are you sure you don't suck rear end at puzzles"

Risutora
Dec 28, 2006

Main inazuma arc was total garbage but some of the individual island arcs like the mist place and the exploded thunder mountain were some of my absolute favorite content in the game.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

Endorph posted:

the resistance got barely any screentime because they cant actually show war scenes. they can, however, do walking around with one character and having them talk

They could be at least talking about the resistance? At the end of the archon quest we barely knew anything about them or what they have been doing. Yoimiya quest was at least somewhat related to the conflict even if its more about hearing how awesome she is from everyone but why make Ayaka quest mandatory? It added absolutely nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

One thing the Inuzama and Sumeru plots share is a large number of incredibly forgettable dates