Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Owlbear Camus posted:

Hey Vorthos nerds can you un-compleat someone?

My kid wants to know if Ajani can turn face again.

I mean with time highjinks and magic all things are possible I suppose.

Squee got uncompleated but his circumstances are a bit different from most.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

neaden posted:

Up until kamigawa you couldn't compleat a Plansewalker so who knows. I don't think there are any characters currently who have been uncompleated but I would expect to see it soon.

Karn was but he's a robot & Venser sacrificed himself to give him his spark

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Also, maybe relevantly given the time travel thing, Xantcha was a phyrexian creature born (?) and bred (?), and she was able to develop a will of her own.

Wrong era, tho, IIRC - urza met with Xantcha well after the Brothers War

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
wait, holy gently caress, I totally missed this.

so this is how they're worming the power 9 into arena, huh. interesting design, I just wish there was a brawl category that didn't have this sort of poo poo in it. like, say, explorer brawl. give me explorer brawl.

edit: wrong thread but whatever

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

LGD posted:

he's had a card for over 20 years! :v:

if we're doing old/dead planeswalkers I want Commodore Guff

Oh I know, hence the *Real* card note. :wink:

Robot cards are whatever, but weird move putting em' in the Brothers War packs. Feels like something you'd save for a set that could use a sales boost and not the guaranteed to move millions nostalgia high that that set's gonna be.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

The World Inferno posted:

Robot cards are whatever, but weird move putting em' in the Brothers War packs. Feels like something you'd save for a set that could use a sales boost and not the guaranteed to move millions nostalgia high that that set's gonna be.

Chris "The Cockswain" Cocks demands cross-promotion (cocks-promotion?)

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Tonight I put a dress down into play off a show and tell and tried to stifle it twice so it stuck around through their next turn
Magic is good.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways

Boxman posted:

Also, maybe relevantly given the time travel thing, Xantcha was a phyrexian creature born (?) and bred (?), and she was able to develop a will of her own.

Wrong era, tho, IIRC - urza met with Xantcha well after the Brothers War
So old Phyrexians started as what they called Newts, genderless humans that would then be modified. Xantcha was part of the first generation of spies they were going to send to Dominaria where they were left unmodified. They didn't make good spies though so Xantcha just ended up working on the first Sphere when Urza showed up to wreck poo poo. He thought she was a kidnapped human and rescued her.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

The World Inferno posted:

Oh I know, hence the *Real* card note. :wink:

kalel posted:

Chris "The Cockswain" Cocks demands cross-promotion (cocks-promotion?)

pretty sure that's it, this is just pure Hasbro brand synergy (and if anything using Magic to juice the Transformers brand)

you're hopefully not making sets that are so clearly lackluster that you'd know in advance to use Transformers to make them palatable, and if you're going to put your otherwise wildly-out-of-place transforming technological robot brand into your high fantasy card game an artifact/magic robot oriented set seems like the best place to do it from both a flavor and mechanical support standpoint

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Belbe was also a Phyrexian protagonist, not to mention whatever Urabresk is doing now researching angel juice.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

mandatory lesbian posted:

drat, really like seeing optimus, starscream, and a bunch of other characters ive never heard of. Great cross over

I don't think a transformers thing is aimed at a person who hasn't engaged with the brand in 35 years.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

What otherwise normal plane visit will have GI Joe cards added to it?

I vote Joes of Tarkir

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Shadows over Joenistrad.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Eej posted:

Shadows over Joenistrad.

Storm Shadows over Innistrad.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Ravnica: City of Joes

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Ijoria

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
Joemlands, featuring GI Joevan

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

If ever you want to give it another watch nowadays, there's a fellow who has completely upscaled the entire show into 4k, and it looks INCREDIBLY GOOD. well, except for the muddy textures of mid-90s cgi that upscaling can't fix, but other than that, it's never looked this good:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOM1LHra5pk&hd=1

the prior available versions to this were 360p, so a big jump in quality

I live in america so 4k is just not gonna load with my internet lol, but this is neat and i appreciate the effort this person put in.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

I don't think a transformers thing is aimed at a person who hasn't engaged with the brand in 35 years.

???i was 10 when beast wars aired (or maybe a bit younger, idk) that was 20 years ago

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Owlbear Camus posted:

Hey Vorthos nerds can you un-compleat someone?

My kid wants to know if Ajani can turn face again.

I mean with time highjinks and magic all things are possible I suppose.

When you are compleated you lose you soul, but this new method that let the planeswalkers keep their spark should also let them keep their soul. So who knows, for them it may be possible.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

CobrA-lara

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Jiro posted:

Ugh, at the very least it's not the Michael Bay CG mechanical garbage art for them and just the nice clean OG G1 stuff.

Seconding on some cool rear end Beast Wars Maximals and Predacons. Beast Machines would be dope.

What are the odds that they had a bunch of pre-commissioned Transformers art from the now cancelled TCG, and figured this would be a quick way to recoup the investment?

I mean, it looks nice, and I'm also glad they went for the 80s cartoon aesthetic, but also capitalism...

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Toph Bei Fong posted:

What are the odds that they had a bunch of pre-commissioned Transformers art from the now cancelled TCG, and figured this would be a quick way to recoup the investment?

I mean, it looks nice, and I'm also glad they went for the 80s cartoon aesthetic, but also capitalism...

This isn't the first time they've done this. Every year this happens.
E: I think the only difference is that without the silver border they're legal now and they need to make them available

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

mandatory lesbian posted:

???i was 10 when beast wars aired (or maybe a bit younger, idk) that was 20 years ago

Bumblebee was remade into the throttlebot Goldbug first in 1987, therefore, thus, qed, etc.

I do wonder why it's Goldbug instead of the significantly more popular name Bumblebee, but only God and Hasbro lawyers know.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.
Hasbro Pulse chibi planeswalker secret lair is up for sale.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The cowards didn't make Megatron an equipment.

Major Operation
Jan 1, 2006

plainswalker75 posted:

Joemlands, featuring GI Joevan

:golfclap:

It could only be an improvement on the original set.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Bumblebee was remade into the throttlebot Goldbug first in 1987, therefore, thus, qed, etc.

I do wonder why it's Goldbug instead of the significantly more popular name Bumblebee, but only God and Hasbro lawyers know.

Bumblebee is a Camero now

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Reynold posted:

Hasbro Pulse chibi planeswalker secret lair is up for sale.

gesundheit

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

HootTheOwl posted:

Bumblebee is a Camero now

Only in the bad movies

Bumblebee will probably be one of the other 12, or maybe they're saving him for a Transformers secret lair

Edit: gimme a Devastator that's the 6 constructions each with Meld, I wanna assemble fuckin exodia up in this piece

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
wow, they're including shocklands in The List now, I just pulled a Dissension Blood Crypt from a set booster, neat! more poo poo like this and less random absolute garbage mirage commons and kamigawa uncommons please

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Captain Invictus posted:

wow, they're including shocklands in The List now, I just pulled a Dissension Blood Crypt from a set booster, neat! more poo poo like this and less random absolute garbage mirage commons and kamigawa uncommons please

What is and is not on The List is really bizarre. Blood Crypt has been on the list for at least a couple of sets, but many of the other shocks aren’t at all.

Actually as I look through the current List, is Blood Crypt the only Shockland on it right now?? Jeez.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

It's not Booster Fun™ if there's not a fail rate. What, you don't want to have Booster Fun™?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

SEX HAVER 40000
Aug 6, 2009

no doves fly here lol
cowardice, maro

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

kalel posted:

It's not Booster Fun™ if there's not a fail rate. What, you don't want to have Booster Fun™?

The List includes a basic island "reprint" lmao

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.

SEX HAVER 40000 posted:

cowardice, maro

I'm pretty sure with form of approach of the second sun and that card that puts the top card of your library on to the field, you could chaos confetti yourself.

Cowardice might be the prudent judge ruling here.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Yes but it is the mill island, so, good.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Wittgen posted:

I'm pretty sure with form of approach of the second sun and that card that puts the top card of your library on to the field, you could chaos confetti yourself.

nonsense hand me that cleaver. does blood splatter count as making contact

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Wittgen posted:

Just grow your hair out first, and bring scissors