Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I had completely missed how Misawa died.

Jesus loving christ.

quote:

On June 13, 2009, Misawa teamed with Shiozaki against GHC Tag Team Champions Saito and Smith in a title match at Hiroshima Green Arena. The match was supposed to last 37 minutes, but around ten minutes before the scheduled finish, Misawa took a back suplex from Saito.[3] Misawa was motionless, and referee Shuichi Nishinaga stopped the match.[3] A doctor in attendance attempted to perform CPR, but was unsuccessful, and Misawa's body discolored as emergency medical technicians attempted to revive him with an automated external defibrillator.[3] Misawa was taken to the Hiroshima University hospital, where he was pronounced dead at 10:10pm JST,[2] at age 46.[4]

Although Misawa's family invoked a Japanese law that requested the police not publicly release the official cause of death,[2] it was speculated in the official police report to have been a cervical injury, and the Hiroshima Prefectural Police Central Office stated the night after the accident that the "diagnosis was cervical cord transection".[296] The injury was specified and reported by Meltzer as the separation of Misawa's first and second cervical vertebrae (atlanto-axial dislocation).[2]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

forkboy84 posted:

Kawada and Taue were at the recent AJPW 50th Anniversary and it is impressive how well he walks compared to the other remaining Pillars

For the people that don't watch All Japan (which is pretty much everyone), here is Taue (61) and Kawada (58). Suppose it doesn't help matters that Taue is so strangely proportioned making suits difficult

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Baba had them min/maxing their strength training, essentially 90% of their training would be towards their necks.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Normal-man-sized Kawada is hurting my brain

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

SG Bamboo posted:

For the people that don't watch All Japan (which is pretty much everyone), here is Taue (61) and Kawada (58). Suppose it doesn't help matters that Taue is so strangely proportioned making suits difficult

It was also just how he walked. Taue needs a stick, Kobashi doesn't look too bad considering his knee surgeries, Kawada didn't really seem to be limping

And yes, I think how he stopped carrying around that mass almost as soon as he called it quits.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

https://twitter.com/hunktears/status/1575756702137229312?s=46&t=8ii7xO9C3qB_Cu-Pn3esmA

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

QT Marshall seems to name search more to see people praise him than anything.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Kawada was so loving good. One of my all-time favourites, and the matches he had with Misawa were just insanely brutal.
Back around '00-'03 or so, I got really into buying from tape traders. Since I had never had access to puro before, I asked the tape guy I knew to just fill up 3 extended play VHS tapes with as many Four Pillars matches as he could fit. Dude did me a solid and put all the 5* matches in the highest quality for no extra charge. :allears:

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

it's a timeless tradition. I'm old enough to remember Chris Jericho getting mad and posting a rant/quitting his webpage because people weren't giving his match with RVD good ratings in 2002

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Bonk posted:

Back around '00-'03 or so, I got really into buying from tape traders. Since I had never had access to puro before, I asked the tape guy I knew to just fill up 3 extended play VHS tapes with as many Four Pillars matches as he could fit. Dude did me a solid and put all the 5* matches in the highest quality for no extra charge. :allears:

Yeah, that's how I got back into wrestling in the mid 90s. Bought some tapes from a guy in the Netherlands, initially just some WWF poo poo but he soon started recommending stuff he thought I might enjoy, and sending in free bonus tapes of ECW and AJPW stuff.

God drat those were good times, just watching wrestling with my brother and some friends while eating too much candy and drinking soda.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Tato posted:

it's a timeless tradition. I'm old enough to remember Chris Jericho getting mad and posting a rant/quitting his webpage because people weren't giving his match with RVD good ratings in 2002

lol I remember that. he was def very sauced to poo poo when that happened, I have no idea why else that got him so heated.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Ethan Page used to do this constantly

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
pro wrestlers are mostly insecure nerds and not hot popular jocks though

this is said lovingly

bebaloorpabopalo fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Sep 30, 2022

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Nerds is actually jocks now

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1575921963775598592?t=iTFwAz2esatrj8CGDIRimQ&s=19

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1575937078742786049?t=y3aKkWudEYvltWVcvDxI5w&s=19

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1575937758631104512?t=HCDzxtfE_WMp6vyzCkA48Q&s=19

Yes Dave belongs here for this shitfest that under any other name I'd post here too. People critiquing AEWs one woman seent made worse when that one segment is trash. Dave going full straw man well if you care about women so much name the STARDOM roster.

gently caress that.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Lid posted:

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1575921963775598592?t=iTFwAz2esatrj8CGDIRimQ&s=19

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1575937078742786049?t=y3aKkWudEYvltWVcvDxI5w&s=19

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1575937758631104512?t=HCDzxtfE_WMp6vyzCkA48Q&s=19

Yes Dave belongs here for this shitfest that under any other name I'd post here too. People critiquing AEWs one woman seent made worse when that one segment is trash. Dave going full straw man well if you care about women so much name the STARDOM roster.

gently caress that.

Dave is right.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Big Dave is 100 percent right.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Dave is wrong, WP3 isn't until next weekend

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Dave was soaking wet in the AJW dojo before you even knew women wrestlers existed, frankly

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

why doesn't Dave Meltzer, AEW booker, put more women's matches on the show he regularly says needs to do a better job showcasing women?? instead he's telling us to watch a different promotion. not a good look OR sound business strategy, imo

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

there is nobody on earth that i trust less than people who are primarily fixated on Women's Wrestling specifically, and that doubles, maybe even triples if they don't even watch joshi promotions

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Dave, thank you

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
And Dave I am not ordering this PPV because I feel morally outraged these shows are not included in my Stardom subscription and so I wait for them to go on there. A miserable existence.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Alaois posted:

there is nobody on earth that i trust less than people who are primarily fixated on Women's Wrestling specifically, and that doubles, maybe even triples if they don't even watch joshi promotions

It's Darkstar! Darkstar is the poster you are alluding to.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
SMH for Dave not even mentioning the real big women's show, today's Darejyo EXTRA. Emi Sakura's free class showcase which includes a dropkick contest.

Meltzer barely cares about women's wrestling. Shouldn't even be trying to talk smack.

fez_machine fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Oct 1, 2022

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I wonder if the guy from here that used to spend thousands each month on shoes and wishlist gifts for wrestleladies is still doing it or if inflation got him too

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

define fixated. i don't know any words and dont have internet

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

why doesn't Dave Meltzer, AEW booker, put more women's matches on the show he regularly says needs to do a better job showcasing women?? instead he's telling us to watch a different promotion. not a good look OR sound business strategy, imo

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Orange Carlisle posted:

I wonder if the guy from here that used to spend thousands each month on shoes and wishlist gifts for wrestleladies is still doing it or if inflation got him too

I think he had to scale back to just paying Leva Bates' rent and car note

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

drat, the harsh economy claims another victim

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

It's just dumb deflection, we complained about tag teams in WWE for years before AEW existed and we weren't told "if you were a real tag team fan you'd watch tonight's Dragon Gate PPV".

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Lid posted:

It's just dumb deflection, we complained about tag teams in WWE for years before AEW existed and we weren't told "if you were a real tag team fan you'd watch tonight's Dragon Gate PPV".

you should have been

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
I'm fairly sure that complaining about WWE etc. on an internet forum in the last 30 years has always had a high likelihood of someone chiming in saying you should watch or check out puro.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Lid posted:

who's we and who wasn't telling you?

you know dave doesn't work for AEW, right? there's nothing for him to deflect. he's responding to bad faith reply guys who poo poo up his mentions to attack AEW for everything when they don't actually care

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

Lid posted:

I've been unsuccessfully trying to get people to care about DG since it was still Toryumon :shrug:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Bonk posted:

I've been unsuccessfully trying to get people to care about DG since it was still Toryumon :shrug:

It's a noble endeavour, my issue isn't hey check our it's rad vs you aren't watching this so clearly you are a bad faith fraud

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The dude he's replying to is complaining about next week's show which hasn't aired but go off.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I refuse to believe anyone replying to Dave Meltzer could be a bad faith troll.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/misterhakusan/status/1576004474975318017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Trying posted:

It's Darkstar! Darkstar is the poster you are alluding to.

Nah Darkstar just can’t stop watching WWE despite themselves, there’s another poster who used to buy women shoes and then posted a rant about how Awesome Kong needed to hurry up and get over her miscarriage so she could get back in the ring.

That’s the worst women’s wrestling fan.