Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
Going to look for entry on $MOTS they were named sole source supplier for VA colonoscopies this is huge news for a close at 2.34 yesterday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Hadlock posted:

Take 40% of your remaining cash

"If I get 4x return on this ONE DEAL I'll be back in the green"

Loses money

Take 70% of rapidly dwindling remaining cash

"This is a long shot but if I get 8x return on this ONE DEAL I'll be back in the green"

Loses money

Repeat using increasingly large cuts of remaining cash at even longer odds/payoff until your wife calls the tv help line

Probably take out a couple of personal loans along the way

There's a tremendous number of bagholders from the peak and dead cat bounce of stuff like GME

Reading this is anxiety-inducing.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Rule #1 don't put money in the market you aren't willing to lose, particularly if they aren't index funds

Rule #2 don't throw good money after bad*

* Unless you're me and it's sofi

downout
Jul 6, 2009

Hadlock posted:

Take 40% of your remaining cash

"If I get 4x return on this ONE DEAL I'll be back in the green"

Loses money

Take 70% of rapidly dwindling remaining cash

"This is a long shot but if I get 8x return on this ONE DEAL I'll be back in the green"

Loses money

Repeat using increasingly large cuts of remaining cash at even longer odds/payoff until your wife calls the tv help line

Probably take out a couple of personal loans along the way

There's a tremendous number of bagholders from the peak and dead cat bounce of stuff like GME

This sounds like a Martingale strategy.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

well that was fun while it lasted

drk
Jan 16, 2005

Hadlock posted:

Rule #2 don't throw good money after bad*

* Unless you're me and it's sofi

my intel position feels very seen

rule #3 for short term trading is have a price target for selling. finding a good place to buy is easier than finding a good place to sell, and its easy to feel like you're on a hot streak when you are up xx%, only to see the gains disappear by holding too long

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison
My arms are gonna get so beefed from these bags.

Looking like I'm carrying briefcases everywhere I go.

SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

When she finds love may it always stay true.
This I beg for the second wish I made too.

Fallen Rib
My DAY 2x daily short ETF is doing great, it's just everything else that is in the shittere!

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
Apple said they're moving production to India from China. I expect lovely ER's for a couple years for certain. https://twitter.com/W7VOA/status/1574391877742329857

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

remarkable thread, worth reading

https://twitter.com/HindenburgRes/status/1575557272532811778?s=20&t=zwx150F9Gdq432-HFccvSw

Baddog
May 12, 2001

notwithoutmyanus posted:

Apple said they're moving production to India from China. I expect lovely ER's for a couple years for certain. https://twitter.com/W7VOA/status/1574391877742329857

They are getting a *ton* of incentives to move, so that will help.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

$GOON is ready to turn in its homework now, just uhhh let everyone else hand in their assignments first and it'll be ready, just ONE more minute, promise

"I’m pleased to announce that preparation of the De Novo documentation by the end of the third quarter is substantially complete,” said ENDRA's Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Francois Michelon. “Our remaining efforts are focused on the TAEUS and MRI confirmatory data portion of the submission with ENDRA's clinical collaborators, and we expect to submit the De Novo request in the coming weeks. We appreciate the continued support of shareholders as we believe the De Novo process will assist ENDRA in achieving the strongest market position in the United States with TAEUS-optimized claims.”

Skunkduster
Jul 15, 2005

Space Fish posted:

$GOON is ready to turn in its homework now, just uhhh let everyone else hand in their assignments first and it'll be ready, just ONE more minute, promise

"I’m pleased to announce that preparation of the De Novo documentation by the end of the third quarter is substantially complete,” said ENDRA's Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Francois Michelon. “Our remaining efforts are focused on the TAEUS and MRI confirmatory data portion of the submission with ENDRA's clinical collaborators, and we expect to submit the De Novo request in the coming weeks. We appreciate the continued support of shareholders as we believe the De Novo process will assist ENDRA in achieving the strongest market position in the United States with TAEUS-optimized claims.”

As an NDRA holder, I'm getting Theranos vibes here. Am I being paranoid?

downout
Jul 6, 2009

SkunkDuster posted:

I'm tempted to buy, it's been moving up for ~4 months (I shoulda bought at 0.20!). This will push it up tomorrow.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Vietnam is where absolutely everyone who doesn't want to pay modern China prices, is moving

Took a train from Hoi An to Hano (300ish miles north)i, that company country is primed to overtake the Chinese low end market, like, five years ago. Canon and everyone jumped on that bandwagon years ago

Bought another 40 80 shares of SoFi because, well, holy poo poo why not

Hadlock fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Sep 30, 2022

Baddog
May 12, 2001

Hadlock posted:

Vietnam is where absolutely everyone who doesn't want to pay modern China prices, is moving

Took a train from Hoi An to Hano (300ish miles north)i, that company country is primed to overtake the Chinese low end market, like, five years ago. Canon and everyone jumped on that bandwagon years ago

Bought another 40 80 shares of SoFi because, well, holy poo poo why not

For whatever its worth, can confirm vietnam, seagate has developed critical suppliers there as well. I don't know how US investors can make any real money on that information though, unless you want to move there (might be fun). I think there is a vietnamese etf, but I would *suspect* that foreign investment in vietnamese companies is high risk.

downout posted:

I'm tempted to buy, it's been moving up for ~4 months (I shoulda bought at 0.20!). This will push it up tomorrow.

Stop buying NDRA

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Nha Trang has a booming tech scene

Makes me want to learn Vietnamese and rule the power broker exchanges

Nha Trang is basically Miami, but 5% 25% the price

Hadlock fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Sep 30, 2022

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

SkunkDuster posted:

Don't worry, most legitimate biotech companies also frantically flail around for years and ultimately fail horribly. No fraud required!

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

That was pretty wild

Space Fish posted:

That's a lol

Trevorrrrrrrrrrrrr
Jul 4, 2008

It turns out if you just buy puts for a month out they print money. (This is inevitably going to end poorly for me)

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

in the dotcom bust we had a maximum string of 4 straight quarterly red candles on the s&p. then later, another 3. in the GFC we had 6 straight red candles on the quarterly. in the 70's there were also periods of 3-6 straight red q's. today's close marks 3 in a row.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Feels like it'll be one, possibly two more red quarters.

Pastrami
May 27, 2004
Fear the Lunch Meat
I’d personally prefer a red half dollar, jingles around less when I walk around

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

From $GOON's 8-K:

"dividend of one one-thousandth of a share of Series C Preferred Stock, par value $0.0001 per share (“Series C Preferred Stock”), for each outstanding share of the Company’s common stock, par value $0.0001 per share (“Common Stock”), and 1.359 shares of Series C Preferred Stock for each outstanding share of Series A Convertible Preferred Stock, par value $0.0001 per share (“Series A Preferred Stock”), to stockholders of record at 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time on October 7, 2022 (the “Record Date”)."

From their 4-A:

"Since the Company failed to regain compliance with the Bid Price Rule on or before July 5, 2022 but met all of the other applicable standards for initial listing on The Nasdaq Capital Market with the exception of the minimum bid price, it was granted 180 additional days to regain compliance, or until January 1, 2023. To qualify, we are required to meet the continued listing requirement for market value of publicly held shares and all other initial listing standards for The Nasdaq Capital Market, with the exception of the Minimum Bid Price Requirement, and we need to provide written notice of our intention to cure the deficiency during the second compliance period, by effecting a reverse stock split, if necessary. The Board currently intends to effect the Reverse Stock Split on or before December 31, 2022, or such later date that Nasdaq determines, in order to regain compliance with the Minimum Bid Price Requirement."

Combine these and you get my paraphrasing:

"We don't think the price will pop by the end of the calendar year, so we're going to trigger a reverse split to get us well above $1 per share to stay on Nasdaq's good side. However, our shareholders' votes are difficult to amass the required percentage to approve this, so we're issuing special shares to boost everyone's influence and make sure the vote goes through."

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

pmchem posted:

here ya go

ally: just here to chill and provide a HYSA, decent loans, and some brokerage stuff if maybe you want it?

citi: boring, woman CEO, warren invested in it, and it actually just had a nice Q2 beat and raise. sometimes fat fingers a trade.

barclays: purveyor of exotic financial ETNs and other random poo poo, basically has no idea what it's doing, but is british so probably has nice tea and service

jpm: big boy on the block, does everything, will gently caress you doing it but in a polite and law-abiding fashion.

bnp paribas: french, will sell dumb structured notes to your financial advisors, will give loans to commodity traders as long as it doesn't cause them headaches, goes out for a smoke a lot.

db: you want us to wrap some exotic poo poo for jim simons to evade taxes? sure. front russian money for trump? sounds exciting. spot a housing crisis and then tell everyone else to bet against mortgage CDS's? that's our bag. what else you got? let's do it.

ccb: world's largest slush fund for anti-capitalist anti-freedom state control of persons and economy. by definition lawful.

wells: we didn't KNOW we were violating the law, can you please remove our capital controls so we can find some new way to gently caress people over?

credit suisse: so bad at hiding their evil that it's all scandals and incompetence all the time. archegos? more like archeGOT

let's check in on credit suisse once again:

https://twitter.com/HedgeyeDJ/status/1576172725902905344?s=20&t=21-E9Fw4R2bJO0ELXQaWyQ

https://twitter.com/MacleodFinance/status/1575776619897053184?s=20&t=21-E9Fw4R2bJO0ELXQaWyQ

drk
Jan 16, 2005

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/Spencerjakab/status/1576228237092749312

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
What is this candy bar buy here pay here?

Baddog
May 12, 2001

quote:

credit suisse chatter

So uhhhh..... these guys are just trying to manufacture a "lehman moment" to get the fed to pivot....... right?

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Baddog posted:

So uhhhh..... these guys are just trying to manufacture a "lehman moment" to get the fed to pivot....... right?

Their models say under normal market conditions only 3-6% of the swaps will be exercised so it doesn’t matter if they go bankrupt at 7% and since that can’t happen, and even if it does, the US gov will bail them out, and even if they don’t the people making at Suisse can get other jobs, it’s fine.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
did tarp and other buyouts save foreign banks back in 2007/2008? my naive assumption is that it'd be the swiss government bailing them out

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Just like every meme stock, I wonder who was the rare goon that made off with the profits of all of the other bag holders on $goon

Baddog
May 12, 2001

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

did tarp and other buyouts save foreign banks back in 2007/2008? my naive assumption is that it'd be the swiss government bailing them out

Well, mostly it was indirectly because we made foreign creditors whole (and saved those banks) when we covered AIG's swaps.

I think in the broader packages there may have been some coverage of "US branches of foreign banks" as well.

Don't think we would go out of our way to rescue Credit Suisse. And the Swiss government would probably be a little more discerning in their rescue operation, hah.

These are all interconnected multinationals though.

nnnotime
Sep 30, 2001

Hesitate, and you will be lost.
If Credit Suisse blows up will that pull down any other banks?

With all the millions of hours of regulatory paperwork filed and time spent on audits, how does all that massive bureaucracy imposed on the banks allow this type of serious risk to the global financial system to still happen? loving lol at the vocal politicians and regulators that contributed to this quagmire over the past few decades.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

nnnotime posted:

With all the millions of hours of regulatory paperwork filed and time spent on audits, how does all that massive bureaucracy imposed on the banks allow this type of serious risk to the global financial system to still happen? loving lol at the vocal politicians and regulators that contributed to this quagmire over the past few decades.

Because banks that large are just... too large. The products are too complex. Anyone capable if actually auditing those banks is working at the banks since they make like 5x as much money that way.

Banks should probably be capped at like 10 billion in capitalization or something like that, large regionals.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
Everything in the Nifty looks fine, so not sure if that includes credit suisse.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

nnnotime posted:

Sorry to double respond to a post, but there's something I think is important to note a bit here.

The purpose of an audit is to determine if the overall financial statements are prepared in a way that is consistent with generally accepted accounting practices (GAAP). With a focus on revenue. Pretty much every audit uses a 5% margin of error. I.e. a company with 100 billion in revenue could be 5 billion dollars off in it's revenue and still get a clean audit. Auditors use a non-statistical sampling technique, and they are hyper allergic to things like "actual statistics" or "using statistics" or "actually finding anything". US GAAP is a convoluted, rules-based framework explicitly not principles based.

Audit firms are hired by the companies they are auditing.

I want to repeat that here: the person saying yes these books are okay, is being paid out of those books, selected by the company whose books it is. If they determine that those books are not okay, there is a decent chance the company being audited will have issues, and may not be able to pay the audit firm, and in addition, audit shopping is very real.

Audits are not looking for fraud. If they find some, they will dig into it. The incentives are not aligned such that they want to find fraud. Or complex systemic issues where a bank builds a house of cards of CDOs and Credit Default swaps.

My honest opinion is that really good accountants don't spend too long in audit. Occasionally there are some really solid SR managers and Managers, but most of the work in an audit is filling out checklists and tying out numbers given to you by the client.

Most accountants are baffled by actual finance. They rarely interact with complex financial products, and they usually don't really understand them, because, who does?

Most of what I've said, except regarding independence, is also true of regulators.

In general if you study finance or accounting, you're doing it to make money. The most money you can make is creating bizarre semi-legal financial products or really complex hedging structures and things, not testing other people's creations vs rules.

They're not sending their best people.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

big TSLA yikes

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

numberoneposter posted:

big TSLA yikes

yeah he's been showing his rear end all over twitter today, which i now see is probably a distraction

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drk
Jan 16, 2005
that robot demo was embarrassing and absolutely no one believes they will have cheap, reliable humanoid robots ready to replace millions of human workers in like 2 years