Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

:allears:

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

is this the thread to post this?

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Game of the Year Edition

anyone want this free for PC through gog? I got it via prime. Usually they lock games to your account, but looks like I have a code you can redeem?

There's a Steam Gifting thread, but I don't think anybody's gonna complain if you drop it here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Gun Jam posted:

:siren:Free keys! :siren:
[s]- Street Fighter V
-

Just wanted to say thanks again for this, it's been literal decades since I've played against other human beings in a fighting game (think: arcade era and super Nintendo) and I'm having a blast in Ranked right now

As penance for playing a free game, I'm maining Dan.

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

Breetai posted:

Just wanted to say thanks again for this, it's been literal decades since I've played against other human beings in a fighting game (think: arcade era and super Nintendo) and I'm having a blast in Ranked right now

Look, we can all agree you should pay a penance for playing a free game, but maining Dan is clearly a step too far.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Tornhelm posted:

Look, we can all agree you should pay a penance for playing a free game, but maining Dan is clearly a step too far.

My initial approach to using him was to see if I could squeak out a few wins and just be as goofy as possible at playing a game genre that's usually populated by the most insufferable of Serious Competitive Gamers

My nameplate says "Kitty" with a picture of an adorable white kitten, my account name is a garble of random characters because I don't care enough to come up with a name, and I spent about half a character unlock's worth of very slowly accumulated ingame currency to purchase the following outfit:

I'm currently on a 5 match winning streak and the latest match saw my opponent disconnect ragequit after I hit a ~50% damage combo 5 seconds into round 2.

Thirteen Orphans
Dec 2, 2012

I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you.

Breetai posted:

My initial approach to using him was to see if I could squeak out a few wins and just be as goofy as possible at playing a game genre that's usually populated by the most insufferable of Serious Competitive Gamers

My nameplate says "Kitty" with a picture of an adorable white kitten, my account name is a garble of random characters because I don't care enough to come up with a name, and I spent about half a character unlock's worth of very slowly accumulated ingame currency to purchase the following outfit:

I'm currently on a 5 match winning streak and the latest match saw my opponent disconnect ragequit after I hit a ~50% damage combo 5 seconds into round 2.

This is how you play Dan.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Breetai posted:

Dan is legit in SFV. I had around an 80% win rate after my first hundred or so matches, he's a ton of fun.

I replied to you with this is in the FG thread but I will never miss a new excuse to post (not my clip, just a Dan situation)

https://twitter.com/ilovelasers/sta...ingawful.com%2F

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yeah, fighting games are esports now so Dan has to be an actual character

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

Breetai posted:

I support your efforts! o7

Gun Jam
Apr 11, 2015

Breetai posted:

Glad to hear it. You're welcome!

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Waffleman_ posted:

Yeah, fighting games are esports now so Dan has to be an actual character

You can say that again! Pictured: the damage (480!) done by a Dan combo involving a Super.

Father status: avenged. Rematch status: declined.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

FFT posted:

Played through The Captain, it's really nice actually! Like FTL reimagined as a branching outcome old school point-and-click.
Can recommend it, too. And some choices really matter, especially to get new crew members.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

*edit* - gifted

is this the thread to post this?

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Game of the Year Edition

anyone want this free for PC through gog? I got it via prime. Usually they lock games to your account, but looks like I have a code you can redeem?

Same deal as this guy. PM or post or whatever. I was also surprised it's just a free key but it seems fair game.

Taken

BaldDwarfOnPCP fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Sep 21, 2022

Rapacity
Sep 12, 2007
Grand
ark (repeat) and gloomhaven free on egs

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Gloomhaven is very good, but you'll probably need some acclimation to the action economy because it's very easy to accidentally burn too many cards early and not have staying power for a whole mission.
The Guildmaster mode is probably a more digestible single-player mode to at least wrap your head around. The Jaws of the Lion DLC campaign is actually kind of a better starter as far as the OG boardgame goes but it's also not free.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Is gloomhaven fun if you are a lonely friendless person that plays single player? Asking...for a... friend.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
It's always been single player-able, even in board game format; enemies have predetermined behavior (modified by what card is out for their turn) where they try to go for the closest player they can without deliberately triggering traps (unless they can deal more damage by hitting more than one player in the same turn - they will always try to maximize damage). Difficulty is meant to scale to the number of players present, and you might have a better time only running 2-3 mercenaries on your own instead of a full team of 4 (if only to reduce your mental load of who's got what tools in their decks), but that's mostly going to be on how hard you want to roll. I think it's fun for an X-COM-ish board game, anyway.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

I would absolutely start with two characters just to reduce the mental overload. Once you have a solid handle on mechanics and tactics, adding one or two more characters can open up new strategies and unlock new characters faster!

Also, don't feel bad about setting the game to easy, especially if you bang your head against an early scenario a few times. As a coop board game you're not expected to win every scenario on the first attempt, and there's a famously difficult one among the first couple (2, I think?)

The UI is pretty good, but it's still easy to mis-click or forget important details. Using the "reset turn" option in the menu is fine!

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

Hogama posted:

Gloomhaven is very good, but you'll probably need some acclimation to the action economy because it's very easy to accidentally burn too many cards early and not have staying power for a whole mission.
The Guildmaster mode is probably a more digestible single-player mode to at least wrap your head around. The Jaws of the Lion DLC campaign is actually kind of a better starter as far as the OG boardgame goes but it's also not free.

This is what irritates me about it and makes me dislike it.
I have all this loot laying around me, but if I waste cards picking it up, I might run out of cards later.
If the mechanic would only be during battles i'd have no problem with it.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

That’s it’s board game roots too - every decision has a trade off. Gold is definitely something that you grab when it’s easy and just leave be when it’s not. Scenarios usually make you go out of your way for chests, but you can always replay the scenario later to grab it.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
Master of Magic Classic free on Gog for a few days https://www.gog.com/en/game/master_of_magic_classic

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Runbow and The Drone Racing League are free on EGS

Rising Hell and Slain: Back from Hell next

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Trying to play through gloomhaven and i'm not actually sure how i'm supposed to get through the first mission without running out of cards? I've got two characters, brute and the mage but I seem to just get exhausted by room 3.

Maybe its something I need to really dig into some more.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

dogstile posted:

Trying to play through gloomhaven and i'm not actually sure how i'm supposed to get through the first mission without running out of cards? I've got two characters, brute and the mage but I seem to just get exhausted by room 3.

Maybe its something I need to really dig into some more.

Yeah same with me.
I bought it awhile back and have tried it multiple times and watched a few videos.
By all rights I should love this game, but the card mechanics just dont seem to sit right with me.

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003
I'm the gay younger brother of UnkleBoB and Buddha Stalin
First mission took a buddy and I three tries. By the third story mission we started clearing them in one go. Definitely takes some getting used to. Brute has a problem that his initial deck has a shitload of burn cards in it so it's real tempting to alpha stroke and lose 1/3 your deck in the first room.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
I played Gloomhaven as the board game and it's a well known issue that the first like 1-2 missions that it plops you into are HORRIBLY balanced. :(

I'm surprised that it hasn't been errata at this point.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight
I'm sure the board game is a lot of fun but simply just picking up loot in the video game is about 300% more complicated than it needs to be.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

oh dope posted:

I'm sure the board game is a lot of fun but simply just picking up loot in the video game is about 300% more complicated than it needs to be.

Gloomhaven is a video game that was poorly adapted to a board game. I only played it as long as I did because of the phone applications to deal with initiative and monsters.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
The Amazon Prime Twitch Prime Games With Prime Games Prime were announced for October:

Fallout 76 (Microsoft Store)
Middle Earth: Shadow of War (GOG)
Total War: Warhammer 2 (EGS)
Glass Masquerade
LOOM
Hero’s Hour
Horace

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I thought fallout 76 already went free to play

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
They've done the odd free weekend but you've still gotta buy in. I guess my oft-repeated statement of "I'd probably play it for free" is about to be tested

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

So amazon prime has basically given out every lucasart's adventure game for free at this point right? Except the really old EGA era only stuff. I would check myself, but Amazon makes it a pain to check your game list without their app installed.

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Gloomhaven primer that you may or may not know:
You don't HAVE to burn cards, or use the actions it says. You always have a generic 2 melee attack or 2 move you can use instead
You can just move onto a hex and pick up anything on it at the end of your turn. You don't HAVE to take the Loot action

Blacula
Dec 22, 2008

The Kins posted:

The Amazon Prime Twitch Prime Games With Prime Games Prime were announced for October:

Glass Masquerade
LOOM
Hero’s Hour
Horace

I had fun playing Hero's Hour, even at full price. It's a Heroes of Might and Magic reskin, and it does it well.

Overall that's a pretty good slate of games.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Blacula posted:

I had fun playing Hero's Hour, even at full price. It's a Heroes of Might and Magic reskin, and it does it well.

My Prime sub has paid for itself multiple times over just since February alone.

Recompile is baller as Hell, btw

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Blacula posted:

Just don't expect tactical combat. It's more like an autobattler once combat commences.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

You mean the latest masterpiece of fantasy storytelling from Lucasfilms'™ Brian Moriarty™? Why it's an extraordinary adventure with an interface of magic, stunning high-resolution, 3D landscapes, sophisticated score and musical effects. Not to mention the detailed animation and special effects, elegant point 'n' click control of characters, objects, and magic spells.

Beat the rush! Go out and redeem Loom™ from Amazon Prime today!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Loom is great, it's Lucas Arts not Sierra adventure gaming so you don't finally figure out you've made it impossible to win because of something you di 5 hours ago.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

The Kins posted:

Glass Masquerade
LOOM
Hero’s Hour
Horace

Is there a way to get TW: Warhammer 2 on EGS without a Prime Prime Optimus Primal sub? I have the first one and apparently all three combine well, but need to be on the same platform?

VV: MODS??

(I meant if someone I know has Prime, do they get a code they can give me if they don't want it)

Serperoth fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Oct 1, 2022

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Serperoth posted:

Is there a way to get TW: Warhammer 2 on EGS without a Prime Prime Optimus Primal sub? I have the first one and apparently all three combine well, but need to be on the same platform?

I mean, I assume you can pay for it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
prime's october games aren't up yet, anyway.