Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

:vince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

hol y sh

i sort of want to try an assassins creed as a goof, cause I’ve never played any of them, literally, I thought that I might have at some point at a friend’s for like a second but I’m pretty sure I just watched him play the first Assassin’s creed. I have black flag installed on my ps5, but I sort of don’t want to play it so I can keep saying I’ve never played an assassin’s creed game.

imhotep fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Oct 1, 2022

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Here on Pisspass we are committed to delivering gamers all of the hottest games from >2018 that they've already played, as well as some whack indie games designed by furries, that are also old.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

bop bop perano posted:

hol y sh

i sort of want to try an assassins creed as a goof, cause I’ve never played any of them, literally, I thought that I might have at some point at a friend’s for like a second but I’m pretty sure I just watched him play the first Assassin’s creed. I have black flag installed on my ps5, but I sort of don’t want to play it so I can keep saying I’ve never played an assassin’s creed game.

They are all terrible. Even the ones people say are good.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

bop bop perano posted:

hol y sh

To clarify I'm not playing Valhalla again as in a second playthrough, I'm just picking my aborted playthrough backup where I left off, idk if there was any co fusion in that regard.

Anyway ac games are pretty unremarkable and unless you have natural immunity to open world games I would save the few you are able to withstand for the actual good ones like horizon or ghost of tsushima

:butt: if you do want to play one origins or odyssey are better choices for the "modern" ones and ac2 trilogy or syndicate for the "old school" ones. Ppl like black flag but I never played it cuz I hated the ship combat in ac3 and the thought of more of that put me off

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

:piss:pass

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I know I am not getting to it for a while, but because I am on PSPlumium I installed FF12.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

VideoGames posted:

I know I am not getting to it for a while, but because I am on PSPlumium I installed FF12.

FF12 is the best of the "modern era" final fantasies (excluding ff14) ;)

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

VideoGames posted:

A job well done, for pisspass.

Edit: it sucks ff11 had that remaster cancelled, would have loved that on consoles since i hear you can play it solo throughout now, like 14 is going to be soon

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

fridge corn posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzh35ADgc64

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

My names not Gary :confused:

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
i swear i take less psychic damage opening twitter first thing than this thread at least twitter sometimes has pictures of cats

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Casnorf posted:

i swear i take less psychic damage opening twitter first thing than this thread at least twitter sometimes has pictures of cats

Thats because a fish has a 5 min memory

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Casnorf posted:

gently caress off to twitter then

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

fridge corn posted:

It's the worst

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

fridge corn posted:

My names not Gary :confused:

Your names probably Harry, Harry the motherfucker

imhotep fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Oct 1, 2022

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Vikar Jerome posted:

Thats because a fish has a 5 min memory

In actuality, fish can have fairly impressive memories, with the oft-derided goldfish being able to recollect things it learned multiple months ago

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Anyone who liked DOOM 2016 but didn’t gel with Eternal, I’d recommend Prodeus. It rips off nearly everything from 2016

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

fridge corn posted:

gently caress off to twitter then

im getting mixed messages here

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Anyone who liked DOOM 2016 but didn’t gel with Eternal, I’d recommend Prodeus. It rips off nearly everything from 2016
I finally gave up on Prodeus once I reached the second "world" and death started becoming inevitable on Ultra Hard. The respawn system is really a shame. It completely ruins what would otherwise be by-far my favourite retro shooter.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Would still rather play eternal tbh

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Ps5 runs doom and doom 2 and doom 64 with free .wads released too, why would you play anything else

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Prodeus is a GOATeus

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I resubbed to gamepass for Prodeus, Hellsinger and a couple of other games later this month and ended up playing my physical copy of SH Downpour instead while I had my Xbox on lol

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

veni veni veni posted:

I straight up couldn’t beat the last Valkyrie, even on easy after more tries that most dark souls bosses.

:same: did everything else, but that one was outside of my getting gud range. I think it was one specific attack from here where she flies into the air and you have to create distance and perfeclty dodge it. I think to this day I never understood how to dodge it/managed to dodge it even once, and just lost interest after like three dozen tries over several days.

I just saw hero improvement on my part, because I couldn‘t grasp what exactly i am doing wrong. Never had a similar experience even with the really hard From bosses.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Vikar Jerome posted:

Would still rather play eternal tbh

Agreed

Vikar Jerome posted:

Ps5 runs doom and doom 2 and doom 64 with free .wads released too, why would you play anything else

Don’t wanna play those old boring games that don’t even have a jump button 🥱

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Ted Faro alt account spotted

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

fridge corn posted:

To clarify I'm not playing Valhalla again as in a second playthrough, I'm just picking my aborted playthrough backup where I left off, idk if there was any co fusion in that regard.

Anyway ac games are pretty unremarkable and unless you have natural immunity to open world games I would save the few you are able to withstand for the actual good ones like horizon or ghost of tsushima

:butt: if you do want to play one origins or odyssey are better choices for the "modern" ones and ac2 trilogy or syndicate for the "old school" ones. Ppl like black flag but I never played it cuz I hated the ship combat in ac3 and the thought of more of that put me off

O lol yeah I thought you meant you had beaten it and decided to play it again. But yeah, I hadn’t thought about that and I actually do think I have an aversion to a lot of triple A open world game tropes, and I haven’t even really played or completed that many, but I think the ones I have finished aren’t really like the sort of Ubisoft open world games or fallout/elder scrolls, etc. that I think of if I hear the phrase ‘open world game’. I’ve beaten ghost of Tsushima and both horizon games, and both games had a lot of stuff that feels like generic open world stuff I don’t normally like, but I put up with because of the combat for both, and also the story in horizon and the art direction and tech in ghost of Tsushima. Besides those I’ve also played death stranding, Elden ring, both spider man games.. and I googled ‘open world games’ because I thought like, surely I’ve played more than that and it lists outer wilds within the first 15 games listed, but I suppose it is pretty much, it’s just a lot smaller than most, despite having an entire solar system to explore. It also lists the Yakuza games but I feel like even tho they give you the entire city to explore basically immediately, it’s pretty tiny and also just feels more like a single player story driven action game that happens to have a small open world available to explore in between the main story quests.

tuo posted:

:same: did everything else, but that one was outside of my getting gud range. I think it was one specific attack from here where she flies into the air and you have to create distance and perfeclty dodge it. I think to this day I never understood how to dodge it/managed to dodge it even once, and just lost interest after like three dozen tries over several days.

I just saw hero improvement on my part, because I couldn‘t grasp what exactly i am doing wrong. Never had a similar experience even with the really hard From bosses.

Yeah same, or I didn’t even beat that many valkyries, but I beat a few and they all had weirdly telegraphed attacks that were just confusing or figuring out how to deal with them was unintuitive in addition to like everything in the game having a lot more health than it should, or at least I kept thinking that recently when i played it again for the first time since around when it came out. Or at least on the harder difficulties that’s definitely the case and it didn’t feel like it was worth playing because the AI felt the same but you just took more damage and everything took forever to kill, but I also felt a bit op on the normal difficulty because parrying is easy and unless there’s tons of enemies coming from every direction it can be a bit too easy.

imhotep fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Oct 1, 2022

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I don't think this is bad advice but it really doesn't crib from or play like 2016, like at all. It's almost all lifted from the original doom games.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Can someone tell me whether or not me personally would like Prodeus and also if so give me money to buy it

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Oh right, in God of War I forgot about those valkyrie attacks where they fly out of frame and land on you, doing a shitload of damage. Mash O to stop dommy mommy from depleting your entire healthbar with a single attack

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

veni veni veni posted:

I don't think this is bad advice but it really doesn't crib from or play like 2016, like at all. It's almost all lifted from the original doom games.
Some of the enemy designs are similar but there's very little else I would say is like the original Dooms in any real sense. It certainly doesn't play like classic Doom. I would say it is more like Doom 2016 than anything else, but there's a lot of the Quakes in there too.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I hope new God of War actually has a variety of bosses instead of that one big troll thing palette swapped 50 times

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Quake I could see, but 2016? Prodeus is thoroughly a boomer shooter and 2016 is something else entirely.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Prodeus definitely has a lot in common with Doom 2016's spawn-in monster arenas while you bunny hop around constantly switching around your limited stores of weapon ammo. The OG Doom is a lot more of a methodical dungeon crawler by comparison, in Prodeus there's almost no backtracking or key hunt time. It would be most accurate to say that it draws from a variety of sources both old and new.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

veni veni veni posted:

Quake I could see, but 2016? Prodeus is thoroughly a boomer shooter and 2016 is something else entirely.
I don't know what "boomer shooter" really means other than a somewhat derogatory-sounding name for a level-based first person shooter, but Doom 2016 is definitely that at least. I'm struggling to think of any way that they are fundamentally different actually. Prodeus even throws some Doom Eternal elements in there with the double jump and dash. It feels like a combination of "Retro Doom 2016" and "What If Quake 3 had a single player campaign".

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
deathloop took a while to get going but it got it's gotten its hooks into me pretty good

arkane's finally put together a cast of characters with actual personality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Volte posted:

I don't know what "boomer shooter" really means other than a somewhat derogatory-sounding name for a level-based first person shooter, but Doom 2016 is definitely that at least. I'm struggling to think of any way that they are fundamentally different actually. Prodeus even throws some Doom Eternal elements in there with the double jump and dash. It feels like a combination of "Retro Doom 2016" and "What If Quake 3 had a single player campaign".
They're both definitely boomer shooters -- in contrast to milsim games, they're less about tactics and headshots and cover and more about dancing around mobs of enemies while managing a wide selection of weapons -- but Doom 2016 was an attempt to modernize the genre by adding elements that Prodeus totally ignores, so it's weird to say it took anything from Doom 2016. UT2004 has double jumps and dashes.