Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

PerniciousKnid posted:

I like baby shark

the song or the cartoon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

the song or the cartoon?

I prefer the live concert

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?

PerniciousKnid posted:

I like baby shark

Ted lasso changed this song for me tbh

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

Armacham posted:

Ted lasso changed this song for me tbh

Jamie tart is the only exception.

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

my 2yo just told me that I was her best friend :shobon:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

2 is when they learn how to lie for benefits

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

2 is when they learn how to lie for benefits

pop tarts all round!!

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
We're working on getting our kid enrolled in pre-school and just got an email from the principal that masks are now optional for the district

What the gently caress

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

We're working on getting our kid enrolled in pre-school and just got an email from the principal that masks are now optional for the district

What the gently caress

What region of the country are you in? Masks have been optional where I am since the 2021-2022 school year. Our son brings his mask to preschool but I doubt that it seals properly. For us it's worth it to have him there because we've noticed a HUGE difference in him socially, and it's just 3 half days. We've sort of accepted that he might bring it home, we have a plan for if/when it happens, and we just hope that it continues to be truly mild for kids and there are no long term effects for him. This poo poo sucks, I hate it so much.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I'm in the Seattle area

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

What the gently caress

I’m surprised they’re optional. it’s been masks off for awhile here.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Ugh. Guess I just thought that schools were being more cautious than everywhere else. Serves me right for thinking

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

They've been optional in most if not all of Illinois since the end of the late winter/ spring wave this year.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

I'm in the Seattle area

there are like four kids in my son's kindergarten class who wear a mask besides him. it's truly over.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Fuckin diseased rear end demon cracker nation

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Fuckin diseased rear end demon cracker nation

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
i desperately want to get my son into pre-school but now we have a newborn in the house and it seems it might be prudent to hold off just a little longer…i don’t fuckin know, it’s so existentially crushing to contemplate.

Struensee
Nov 9, 2011

Greg Legg posted:

For us it's worth it to have him there because we've noticed a HUGE difference in him socially, and it's just 3 half days. We've sort of accepted that he might bring it home, we have a plan for if/when it happens, and we just hope that it continues to be truly mild for kids and there are no long term effects for him. This poo poo sucks, I hate it so much.

Whenever we've had our oldest son home from kindergarten when he was a little bit sick, if it's for more than a few days he starts acting out. It's a very real problem that at least for us, the only reasonable answer is keeping him in kindergarten. We've only just had COVID for the first time last week, which my wife brought home. We're fortunate that it's been mild, but we have to accept that we'll get it again.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
The little one has started bonding hella hard with our dog :kimchi:

Unfortunately this extends to her taking a renewed interest in the dog's bowls, like trying to drink from the water bowl with her face :barf:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

my kid ate a lot of catfood we had to get gates to keep her from crawling to the feeder

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

Mackinac island sucks in a lot of touristy ways, but dang, my new goal in life is to find a place that has abolished cars. it’s pretty amazing to walk around with a toddler in the streets not having to worry about anything except for all the horse poo poo.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

my girl is like the bug queen somehow, shes super prissy about everything else but if theres a bug shes like yeah let me get my precious hands that refuse to touch anything all over that critter.
she just snatched up a giant mantid today off a dying tomato bush like she knew it was there.

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

The little one has started bonding hella hard with our dog :kimchi:

Unfortunately this extends to her taking a renewed interest in the dog's bowls, like trying to drink from the water bowl with her face :barf:

Today:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Goodness :kimchi:

This was a week or so ago:

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

Goodness :kimchi:

This was a week or so ago:

dawww

Our oldest is now old enough to get excited for Halloween and he LOVES it. We've watched the nightmare before christmas a million times. Now he's watching treehouse of horror and hasn't stopped smiling. This is great.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

my kid loves and is obsessed with my cats but they're afraid of him and want nothing to do with him lol

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

lobster shirt posted:

my kid loves and is obsessed with my cats but they're afraid of him and want nothing to do with him lol

same, he gets way excited whenever the cat appears, moves way too fast, and spooks the cat

cat's living its best life though, easy access to outside and a large, quiet closet to nap in

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
My in laws have a couple of rescue cats. One avoids the babby at all costs, the other one is ornery and likes to bite or scratch if he decides he doesn't like the way you're petting him, but seems to have infinite patience for the babby who gets excited about him and is always trying to pick him up and hug him lol

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

My in laws have a couple of rescue cats. One avoids the babby at all costs, the other one is ornery and likes to bite or scratch if he decides he doesn't like the way you're petting him, but seems to have infinite patience for the babby who gets excited about him and is always trying to pick him up and hug him lol

I think there's an extreme evolutionary pressure on domestic animals to not gently caress with babies

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

What the gently caress

our entire province just gave up on masking in schools this fall and now every pharmacy is wiped out of children's tylenol

there were some free infant activity classes that we thought about going to since the kid hasn't really had a chance to socialize with other babies but it's in a school and no loving way

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
My first kids first haircut at 4.5 years old. I didn't think it would get me like this, but dang, got some emotions for this cutie.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

poo poo my kid was screaming that she pooped on her hair at 2.5-3 (she didnt it was just long enough to imagine it) so we got the haircut

Struensee
Nov 9, 2011

AxGrap posted:

My first kids first haircut at 4.5 years old. I didn't think it would get me like this, but dang, got some emotions for this cutie.

Both of mine needed haircuts before age one.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Struensee posted:

Both of mine needed haircuts before age one.

Ours were delayed a bit by COVID.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Speaking of haircuts, are you doing short hair for boys and long for girls? It seems like the default thing to do, but also kinda silly to reinforce gender stereotypes like that.
My 5 year old boy has short hair (like, no ponytail, it does grow a but before we bother with the hairdresser), and we tell ourselves it's because it's practical, but I honestly don't know what we will do if number 2 is a girl

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

AxGrap posted:

Neither of our kids (soon to be 5 and soon to be 2) have ever had a professional cut their hair. I will probably have a similar reaction whenever it does happen because I turn into a giant weepy baby every time they have to go to the doctor. No one told me that the emotions hit harder when it involves your kids!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

kid decides her length. in love with a short pony tail look so she never wants shorter than that

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.
We kept both our girls hair short, like bobbed, until they indicated preferences. Our eldest asked for a pixie cut when she was 3 and now at 6 is growing it long.

Our thinking was why make work for ourselves?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
There's a very tiny part of me that thinks 'how funny would it be if we gave our kid a bowl cut for the lols and a few pictures"

But nah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.
Our 18mo has had a mullet, kinda like a blonde version of the dude from the Chats, for a few months because he let me trim the sides then ran away before I could do the rest.