Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I’m getting that feeling as well. “It’s been nearly 3 weeks! He’s ready to go!”

Just retire Tua, we’ll always have week 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hypnophant
Oct 19, 2012

torgeaux posted:

From a personal health standpoint, Tua should pull a Luck. The guys who are driven to be successful at this level aren't likely to walk away. Luck was a genius, and Tua won't do it.

Hopefully, he gets the rest he needs to not endanger himself in the short term, because he's a top tier long term risk. Every NFL player is a long term risk, but Tua is at the top.

Yeah. Clearly neither the dolphins nor the nfl are going to protect him, and football just isn’t worth living with years, or decades, of CTE.

fsif posted:

Feel like we'll probably be seeing Tua by Week 6.

I think he will be very very lucky even to be able to do light cardio in two weeks, like even just physically capable of it. I really can’t overstate the seriousness of two significant closed head injuries within five days. This isn’t the worst-case scenario - in the worst-case scenario, he’d have a subarachnoid bleed and be dead or in a coma - but it’s catastrophically bad, like potentially career-ending.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Please god deliver us the reports asap

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
https://twitter.com/JoyTaylorTalks/status/1575978146662187008?s=20&t=6ySSxZlzIJuvgFWLE8Pzgg

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

new report from the thursday night game

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Is discord down or what’s going on

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

wouldn't know

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

tihs was the only thread with that original tweet in it. sorry about what ive done.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

What the gently caress point is she trying to make, jfc

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Paracausal posted:

Her last line seems to be coherent…?

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
We are all complicit in Mike McDaniel’s murder of Tua

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
This is why papa jaylen and daddy tyreek don't let uncle mike come around as often now. They know he's not as good with baby tua and doesn't supervise him properly.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

pasaluki fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Oct 1, 2022

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
https://twitter.com/BillsMafiaBabes/status/1575911701874061312

I am just in love with the Bills.
This might all have been worth it

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Paracausal posted:

The media went along with pushing Tua to play, which is fair point to make.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
A day after being concerned with Tuas health and safety, Rich Eisen spoke with Tua and gave him props the energy he gave as “salty Tua” aka Tuas D minus version of a poo poo talker. He was pumping up the game. Zero questions asked about his health. That was the day before the game itself. If he was truly caring, like he pretended to the day after the game, wouldn’t that be a question you’d ask?

Every facet of this failed Tua, including the mindset that’s been driven into him to say silly poo poo like he’s still begging to start asap etc. These guys have a limited window and they can’t afford to stop, at least in the current nfl. Dolphins failed him, the nfl failed him, the media failed him, and outrage (genuine or not) won’t be enough

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

Rally round the family, pocket full of fails.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

https://mobile.twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1576269081925324806

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Further, people saying the assessment after the Bills was wrong
https://twitter.com/espn/status/1576277263770914819?t=rdnDa0uTGR1TYMbH7kJxzA&s=19

Mooseontheloose posted:

The media went along with pushing Tua to play, which is fair point to make.
Maybe lovely talking head talking in circles media. Everything I read/watched basically called out Tua going back into the game

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRmVTQWL/

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1576307598655389696?s=20&t=UmyeJCpiuhL0JxlotT9aUQ

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Paracausal posted:

Further, people saying the assessment after the Bills was wrong
https://twitter.com/espn/status/1576277263770914819?t=rdnDa0uTGR1TYMbH7kJxzA&s=19

Maybe lovely talking head talking in circles media. Everything I read/watched basically called out Tua going back into the game

… nope. Pretty much all media did after they accepted the diagnosis.

Edit Her point really isn’t that difficult to comprehend, I just think a ton of folks are genuinely pretending this is somehow a dolphins problem and not an nfl problem.

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Oct 2, 2022

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL

Amy Pole Her posted:

… nope. Pretty much all media did.
Not the Buffalo media or Buffalo fans. We all knew he was concussed. A lot of "whiner line" calls to the post-game show were about how the Dolphins cheated to get Tua back into the game. How does it feel to be complicit in Tua's sacrifice?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I’m not sure you understand what the media is.

And also - it isn’t saying people were just denying he was concussed. It’s saying they accepted it and kinda just went back to business.

Kinda how like only one reported is mentioning Tee Higgins being concussed week 1, returned week 3 and taking this headshot https://youtu.be/3tfeJJGLe0M

The entire nfl is complicit in this and it’s genuinely starting to feel like not many folks seem to want to change it but maybe the nflpa does way more. The Tua thing was so blatant and gross it simply can’t be ignored so maybe there will be some real actual change.

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Oct 2, 2022

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

th3t00t posted:

Not the Buffalo media or Buffalo fans. We all knew he was concussed. A lot of "whiner line" calls to the post-game show were about how the Dolphins cheated to get Tua back into the game. How does it feel to be complicit in Tua's sacrifice?

Miami lied , Tua Died, Buffalo Cried

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL
I believe in one Lord Tua,
the Only Begotten Son of God,
born of the Father before all ages.
God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made, one in being with the Father;
through him all things were made.
For us Dolfans and for our salvation from Josh Allen
he came down from 'Bama,
and by the power of the Holy Spirit was born of the Virgin Mary,
and became man.
For our sake he was crucified under Mike McDaniel,
he suffered death at the hands of Buffalo and was buried,
and rose again on the FOURTH day
in accordance with the needs of Dolfans.
He ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in reduced mental capacity due to CTE
to judge the living and the dead and throw the pigskin
and his kingdom will end as a wildcard, at best.
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life,
who proceeds from the Father and the Son,
who with the Father and the Son is worshiped and glorified,
who has spoken through the AFC East thread shitposters.

Amen

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I could say I expect the Jets D to play well against a terrible QB today but I don't lol.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Manish is back!!!

https://twitter.com/mmehtasports/status/1576550069142425601?s=46&t=eNo7A8M4xAu98kY0nulm3A

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I hope he plays well but I expect overreactions to every series Zach plays. He’ll either be trash or The One with no in between.

I think we have a decent chance at winning though.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Diva Cupcake posted:

I hope he plays well but I expect overreactions to every series Zach plays. He’ll either be trash or The One with no in between.

I think we have a decent chance at winning though.

I just want him to look competent and execute easy throws, playaction and screen passes like a real NFL QB.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Just don't embarrass me today, Zachary

(Also, this should be the Breece Hall breakout game IMO)

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

I see you’re setting the bar real high here Jets fans

“Look just don’t poo poo yourself please”

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

"This IS an epic fail!" - Rex Ryan on the Dolphins' handling of Tua, ESPN, just now

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

LightReaper posted:

I see you’re setting the bar real high here Jets fans

“Look just don’t poo poo yourself please”
This is season is about finding out. The kid is a mystery box right now.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Zach Wilson is bad but I know you all need to have hope in something so I'll leave it at that.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

thank you for your understanding, sirtommygunn

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

sirtommygunn posted:

Zach Wilson is bad but I know you all need to have hope in something so I'll leave it at that.

You can just let it play out over the season....

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

He’ll either get hurt again or be mediocre again, and the picks they get either way won’t salvage the situation

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/RichCimini/status/1576585476936331264

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

He’ll either get hurt again or be mediocre again, and the picks they get either way won’t salvage the situation

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz