Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
One of them got it so yeah, it was Seven.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine
Fern Brady has maybe the sexiest accent I have ever heard.

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

I definitely saw Dara's swan/goose in that team's canvas. It was just sort of a 3d line drawing and facing into the camera with a downward and left bearing.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Those were some great tasks too.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
Has Brexit hit so bad that a Channel 4 show can just rent out half of Gatwick Airport for the afternoon? What's going on there?

Good first episode, the team of three looks like it might be utter chaos. It seems a bit too early to be making predictions, as the only "normal" task was the loo roll one which they all basically attacked in the same way, but I've got high hopes for Sarah.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

watching fern bradys most recent special and there's a lot of good material

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paxFZLYJwaY

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Greg is such a great master of ceremonies :allears:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Munya is going to win this one, you can tell. Just the right amount of cockiness to get into Greg's good graces, and enough competence not to fail spectacularly at simple tasks.

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine

Rochallor posted:

Has Brexit hit so bad that a Channel 4 show can just rent out half of Gatwick Airport for the afternoon? What's going on there?

The south terminal was closed from June 2020 till late March this year, due to less travel during the rona. So they seem to have snuck in just before reopening.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Golbez posted:

I love the first episode of each series, whereby I have to recalibrate my weak American ears to brand new accents.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
Yeah good cast. I only knew Dara and Sarah before and beard guy seems a bit dull but strong opener

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

Golbez posted:

People say the Glaswegian accent can come across as very aggressive: I would contend that the West Lothian one has the edge over even it. Fern sports a particularly fine example of it.

I have high hopes for her having a rager at Dara on a team task, or Alex when he's being unhelpful, she comes across as very direct and not one to suffer bullshit or evasiveness.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Yeah, very strong first episode. Dara and Sarah were of course great. I hope we get a "Zimbabwe" compilation sometime in the season.

Edit:

eke out posted:

Hey this is pretty good :cheers:

itry fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Sep 30, 2022

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse
Fern Brady looked shat off with Dara in studio as well as during the tasks. Is this another Rhod/James or Richard/Daisy situation? I’ve only ever seen clips of Dara and never heard of Fern before this, so I don’t know what their deal is. She just didn’t look impressed with him at all.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Creature posted:

She just didn’t look impressed with him at all.

Fair.

Dikkfor
Feb 4, 2010
"What's the name of a bird??"

"Tit."

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

On topic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2d5COBhH4B8

I scared to post about Fern because funny sexy Scottish women are my catnip.

Very nice first ep, hopefully the cast will get more comfortable in the studio. Or more fighty. Gaaah, Scottish women :3:

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Creature posted:

Fern Brady looked shat off with Dara in studio as well as during the tasks. Is this another Rhod/James or Richard/Daisy situation? I’ve only ever seen clips of Dara and never heard of Fern before this, so I don’t know what their deal is. She just didn’t look impressed with him at all.

She says in her special that was linked here that she doesn't know how to interact with people, so I wouldn't read too much about it without any further information.

Edit:

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

On topic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2d5COBhH4B8

I scared to post about Fern because funny sexy Scottish women are my catnip.

Very nice first ep, hopefully the cast will get more comfortable in the studio. Or more fighty. Gaaah, Scottish women :3:

lol she has a Taskmaster choker.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

itry posted:

lol she has a Taskmaster choker.

I think it's a Taskmister choker.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Mistress?

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Irisi posted:

People say the Glaswegian accent can come across as very aggressive: I would contend that the West Lothian one has the edge over even it. Fern sports a particularly fine example of it.

I have high hopes for her having a rager at Dara on a team task, or Alex when he's being unhelpful, she comes across as very direct and not one to suffer bullshit or evasiveness.

Just in that interview with Alex they posted today she keeps sounding like she's going to start looking for a bottle to smash over his head.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

oh jay posted:

Mistress?

So it is.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Having flown threw Gatwick’s south terminal last week, this ep was properly surreal. Those segments must have been filmed way back before March when it reopened.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Why are there so many thirsty posts good lord

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

SirSamVimes posted:

Why are there so many thirsty posts good lord

Because Dara is funny, smart, and attractive...why do you think?

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

"He has very Kumar energy"
- Nish Kumar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6xOXoKYmcY

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I was surprised no-one attempted to throw the loo rolls while holding one end so they could pull them back, or even ask for string or something/one to retrieve them.

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008

The_Doctor posted:

I was surprised no-one attempted to throw the loo rolls while holding one end so they could pull them back, or even ask for string or something/one to retrieve them.

Yeah I was thinking like attach a sock or something to the end and try and lower it down slowly but maybe it was too far from the edge, feels like there must have been some technique you could use

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
Loo rolls are not exactly known for their strength once unfurled, nonmatter what the puppies make you think.

That said it probably was too restrictive to make them stay on the marker. Just don't let them leave the level they were on and dot random supplies nearby would have encouraged different methods.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Annabel Pee posted:

Yeah I was thinking like attach a sock or something to the end and try and lower it down slowly but maybe it was too far from the edge, feels like there must have been some technique you could use

Or maybe slide the spot somewhere else.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

It’s only been one episode but John is looking to be the most forgettable TM contestant of all time. I had to look his name up just now.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
The loo roll task was basically like the egg one but less frustrating. But also less flexible.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Referring to a task as "the egg one" is not very descriptive in the show.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Yeah, the "Katherine's soggy dick" task is more specific arguably

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

drunken officeparty posted:

It’s only been one episode but John is looking to be the most forgettable TM contestant of all time. I had to look his name up just now.

I don't know him from anything, so with his whole demeanor it kind of felt like they'd abducted a random guy from a parking lot and press-ganged him onto the show.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
He's Sara Pascoe's comedy sidekick on a panel show called 'Guessable' on some cable channel or other. It's not very funny and he contributes a lot to that imo.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

You may have seen him in character sometime, with false buck-teeth and a monk's hairwig. Not a fan of character comedy myself. I think he's mostly a writer.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

eke out posted:

Just in case someone was stupid enough to skip this: Watch this. It is good.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

It’s blocked in the UK. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
It's on BBC Iplayer as well.