Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

bloodychill posted:

Character rap music

Classipunk
Rockgae

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

im rockgae

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
There are only two genres of game. Good Game and Bad Game

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Rageaholic posted:

Oh poo poo, you got hit by Ian? I hope you're doing okay :love:

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Hang in there Kilo. :love:

I’m safe and good. House is solid too. Our entire area got loving worked over though and I’m on the east coast too. It’s insane. Even the people who always take hurricanes seriously didn’t expect it to be anywhere near as bad as it was. There’s barely anything with power here.

Went out for food and there are tree parts and debris everywhere. Lots of damage. Ian took down the Chuck E Cheese, like completely destroyed it. Charles Entertainment Cheese can come back from this though. I believe in him.

My Civic got me through some flooded areas I was extremely not confident about! :unsmith:

Nature is awesome.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Gangstacore
Thrash&B
Electrountry

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Finally figured out where to go next in Castlevania Symohony of the Night (loving clock statue room :argh: ) just in time for Halloween month! Only I spent so much time wandering around confused I'm crazy over leveled and killing everything in 1-4 hits with a holy rod which might go against the spirit of things

I was thinking about other spooky style games I should try to play this month to stay in the spirit of the season and here's what I have so far:

-Resident Evil 2 (I've played half of RE8, maybe a third of RE1 and seen three out of seven of the terrible PTA movies, but my coworker insists that does not matter, it's just a good game on its own merits)
-Little Nightmares (free from PSN, maybe its good?)
-A Plague Tale (same)
-Dead Rising (haven't played it since the year it was first released, not exactly gothic so I'm lukewarm on this one)
-one of the Arkham games
-That part of AC Valhalla where you celebrate ancient Britannic proto-Halloween and trick or treat
-Bloodborne (maybe I'll beat it this time!)

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Wolfsheim posted:

Finally figured out where to go next in Castlevania Symohony of the Night (loving clock statue room :argh: ) just in time for Halloween month! Only I spent so much time wandering around confused I'm crazy over leveled and killing everything in 1-4 hits with a holy rod which might go against the spirit of things

I was thinking about other spooky style games I should try to play this month to stay in the spirit of the season and here's what I have so far:

-Resident Evil 2 (I've played half of RE8, maybe a third of RE1 and seen three out of seven of the terrible PTA movies, but my coworker insists that does not matter, it's just a good game on its own merits)
-Little Nightmares (free from PSN, maybe its good?)
-A Plague Tale (same)
-Dead Rising (haven't played it since the year it was first released, not exactly gothic so I'm lukewarm on this one)
-one of the Arkham games
-That part of AC Valhalla where you celebrate ancient Britannic proto-Halloween and trick or treat
-Bloodborne (maybe I'll beat it this time!)

SOMA
Alien Isolation
Resi 3 remake
Blasphemous

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I move to rename the genre "soulslikes" to "Everquestvanias"

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I should be able to order pizza directly through Elden Ring

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

I like to think that the "boomer" in "boomer shooter" refers to Doom 2's double-barreled shotgun because if it refers to "baby boomers" it makes no goddamn sense. Even Carmack and Romero are too young to be boomers and I certainly don't get the impression they were making games for folks older than themselves. What they really should be called is

haveblue posted:

gen X shooters

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

thiccabod posted:

I like to think that the "boomer" in "boomer shooter" refers to Doom 2's double-barreled shotgun because if it refers to "baby boomers" it makes no goddamn sense. Even Carmack and Romero are too young to be boomers and I certainly don't get the impression they were making games for folks older than themselves. What they really should be called is

boomer just means old now hth

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
"boomer shooter" is by far the funniest gen-x erasure of all time so i support it

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The only real boomer shooter is marathon 2

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

SOMA
Alien Isolation
Resi 3 remake
Blasphemous

Also outer wilds dlc, what a perfect time of the year to play it

Boomer shooter was my nickname cause I’d always shoot them and get their goop on everyone :v:

imhotep fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Oct 2, 2022

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

bop have your read the thread today :ohdear:

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

bop have your read the thread today :ohdear:

ohhh my godd what the gently caress, why would they do that, the story is basically robert kurvitz's, and helen hindpere was one of the first writers to join ZA/UM as well. and same with the art style, as I documented the other day, I've done a lot of creepy and obsessive searches for old forum posts by Aleksander Rostov, where he'd post updates on how the art was coming along and just like basic concept art he did, and i tried to download all of it so i have literally hundreds of pictures of concept art for the game, and he came up with the basic designs for most of the areas in the game from the look of it, and on top of that, most of the UV maps in the game were painted by him as well as at least like half the portraits, (I would imagine Kaspar Tamsalu also left as well, he was one of the first artists they hired as well and painted the other half of the portraits and the designed a lot of the interior areas. if you're into the game's art then this video is good, they show a lot of concept art and talk about the art in general.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwqtZRRCj_8

but i'm sure they'll start a studio of their own, i just can't imagine they'll actually make a disco elysium 2 without them that's just so hosed. i guess disco elysium was too good and pure for this world, art imitates life, they were actually fortress occident all along and wirral untethered got too ambitious, only 0.001% of communism has been built, etc.

imhotep fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Oct 2, 2022

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Legit bummed out over that zaum news

The Amazon miniseries is going to be poo poo too I guess

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Za/um are advertising for a monetisation goblin lol

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
I'm going to bite the bullet and finally hunt down a PS5 now that Overwatch 2 is here. I've signed up for an invite on Amazon; I was hoping to get it at Gamestop since I have a gift card there, but no dice.

Is there any reason to prefer Sony's console covers versus the Darkplates knockoffs? It looks like they cost about the same.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

thiccabod posted:

It's named that because of the calcified attitude of lots of old school gamers hth

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Everything older than 911 is boomer

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Boomer is just shorthand for people over 23 I think

the other day I told someone ‘I was on the internet before you were even born’ as a joke but it turned out to be true

MechaSeinfeld fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Oct 2, 2022

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Gritting my teeth listening to pearl jam while my teenage son calls me a fat boomer "I'm gen X I'm not old"

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I believe things were better when I was a child and that kids these days are disrespectful and addicted to their gizmos and also just plain bad. I'm gen x

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Even Flow is the ultimate boomer anthem, just ahead of Amber

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

JBP posted:

Gritting my teeth listening to pearl jam while my teenage son calls me a fat boomer "I'm gen X I'm not old"

Before I even finished this sentence, as soon as I read Pearl Jam I thought ‘that’s like the most Gen x thing I can think of’, then I read the bit where you said I’m Gen x. But yeah lol even flow is the quintessential Gen x anthem.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Hey, wasn't sure if it was cool to post in the thread so I opted for SAmart. Selling the digital code to Horizon Forbidden West for the ps4/5. Came with the bundle I bought and frankly I'm not really interested in the game.

Link to an amazing post

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Hey, wasn't sure if it was cool to post in the thread so I opted for SAmart. Selling the digital code to Horizon Forbidden West for the ps4/5. Came with the bundle I bought and frankly I'm not really interested in the game.

Link to an amazing post

It's cool. That's a great price!

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

bloodychill posted:

Even Flow is the ultimate boomer anthem, just ahead of Amber

It's a great song from a class album

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It's We're Not Gonna Take It and it's not even particularly close.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
Absolutely sucks about the Disco people but they’ll have no problem either making their own company or being invested in by another (hopefully with a bit of due diligence for their intentions). Allegedly the sequel is still well on the way, and I would assume there’ll be quite a few gently caress you’s to their apparently dreadfully criminal investors hidden in it.
It is all, however, extremely thematically appropriate.

Giving Overwatch a go on it’s last day. I used to play it every loving day for like two years then I suddenly stopped and can’t really remember why. It might be good for the Tourist crew to try overwatch 2 this week if anyone’s interested? (????)

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

how's life, cas?

I'm trying to figure out how to enjoy Breath of the Wild. Hah, that sounds way harsher than it is! It's a good-to-great game with some major glaring problems that, in the past, have been complete dealbreakers for me. So I restarted and am taking a slightly different approach from the last few times I've tried. We'll see if it grabs me or I load Phantom Doctrine back up.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
You can do it cas

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Casnorf posted:

I'm trying to figure out how to enjoy Breath of the Wild. Hah, that sounds way harsher than it is! It's a good-to-great game with some major glaring problems that, in the past, have been complete dealbreakers for me. So I restarted and am taking a slightly different approach from the last few times I've tried. We'll see if it grabs me or I load Phantom Doctrine back up.

Whatever keeps you from posting so much, do that.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

haveblue posted:

The only real boomer shooter is marathon 2

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

bows1 posted:

Whatever keeps you from posting so much, do that.

What, you mean "work"? You can help with that. You can be part of the solution! Come to my shop here in, uh, overcast Baltimore, and keep me busy so I can't annoy you here. Bring money.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Marathon sucks just like halo

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
oi

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Investors got rid of the creative team working on disco elysium 2.

Havent even played DE1 yet and even i know how hosed up and ironic that is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Vikar Jerome posted:

Investors got rid of the creative team working on disco elysium 2.

Havent even played DE1 yet and even i know how hosed up and ironic that is

I’d fire them too if I had to play that boring rear end game