Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Fuuuck me that sucks, I regret clicking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

_________===D ~ ~ _\____/

Imagine eating a $10,000 loss for something you gassed up 2-3 times, and not being horrendously embarrassed about it.

T Zero
Sep 26, 2005
When the enemy is in range, so are you
Still a better investment than crypto.

yummycheese
Mar 28, 2004

it occurred to me that with those wheels. you’re taking something that was previously tucked away and instead putting it right f’ing there so a hand or foot in the wrong spot at the wrong time is getting snatched up quick.

very clean and well built deathtrap.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
I'm sorry, but I can't hear you over the sound of freedom :smugdog:

The older I get, the more I appreciate German TüV inspections but I realize this is classist in the US

Edit: but not really for $40k abominations like that tho

TotalLossBrain fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Aug 23, 2022

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I've just realized it's an M8 motor, jesus wept what a travesty

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis

At least the trailer is included so you don't need to ride it.

T Zero
Sep 26, 2005
https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/mcd/7536299893.html

I'd be foolish not to buy this, right?

quote:

For those that don't know, the SuperHawk is the most amazing motorcycle in the entire universe
This was Chuck Norris' track bike. It's illegal to ride this bike from East to West (fucks with the Earth's rotation)
If you roll up next to a Harley on this bike, he will get off his machine, bow down to you and offer his
woman as a sacrifice in hopes that you won't embarrass him with 996 Cubic Centimeters of liquid awesomeness
If Gixxers or Ninjas see this bike, they start leaking and it aint oil, my friend.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

That text is hugely embarrassing but you should buy that bike anyway so I can live vicariously through you

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

A superhawk in 2022 isn’t the giant killer it once was, but that’s still a legit very good bike.

Buy it so the seller can go back to working on the next great American novel

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

lmao that place is on my way home from work. I don't know poo poo about gently caress or I'd look at it and give you the report.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

A superhawk in 2022 isn’t the giant killer it once was, but that’s still a legit very good bike.

Buy it so the seller can go back to working on the next great American novel

It was never a giant killer, that was it's much cooler cigarette and rider flicking buddy the TLS

They're also insanely thirsty even by big twin standards

Slavvy fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Sep 24, 2022

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Slavvy posted:

It was never a giant killer, that was it's much cooler cigarette and rider flicking buddy the TLR

They're also insanely thirsty even by big twin standards

do you mean the RC51?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

No I mean the TL1000s, edited for accuracy. Much faster, much better handling, cheap as chips, ugly as sin.

Rc51 is an actual sportbike

Slide Hammer
May 15, 2009

Slavvy posted:

No I mean the TL1000s, edited for accuracy. Much faster, much better handling, cheap as chips, ugly as sin.

Wait, if you consider the TLS to have great handling, that means that it didn't have that rotary damper that the TLR had?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Much better doesn't mean great, but the rotary damper problem is vastly overstated and is one of those pub facts people love to parrot. The bike just had really aggressive geometry by the standards of the time, it's nothing you'd find particularly unusual today, but people were used to bikes that were really long and low by comparison and often got into trouble.

I'd take a tls over a vtr1000 every time provided I don't have to look at it.

Slide Hammer
May 15, 2009

Ohhhhh, OK. I'll keep that little fact in mind for when they pop up in classifieds.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Iirc the sequence went:

Suzuki releases feral bike with novelty shock and really steep jommetry

Shock has some manufacturing teething problems in a few batches leading to seizure

A bunch of dudes not used to steep forks and short wheelbase put themselves in hospital

Suzuki conducts a recall to fit steering dampers to all the bikes to fix the actual thing contributing to crashes

The media decides rotary dampers are the cause and the bike is fundamentally faulty

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

God drat, for $500 I'd buy it just for the ~vibes~ even though I would use it for nothing

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Fwiw those are fast as gently caress for a 50cc with a lot of upgrade headroom.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Yes they are. A friend had one and it would spin the rear tire from a dead stop and despite only doing like 40mph, it would get there in a real serious hurry

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

That scooter matches the background of all my best elementary school photos, brb checking to see if Gecko has neon purple windbreaker suits that match...

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

PleasantDirge posted:

That scooter matches the background of all my best elementary school photos, brb checking to see if Gecko has neon purple windbreaker suits that match... gently caress I wish it was closer!

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/509-allied-mono-suit-2021

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

BYO!

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

For when you ride your motorcycle to the slopes so that you don’t have to change into your snowboarding attire.

yummycheese
Mar 28, 2004

There is a bunch of cool poo poo like this for snowmobiles.

Rich children of the north demand gaudiness so you can be rest assured there is day glow yellow and pink body suits to rip around on your sled

LimaBiker
Dec 9, 2020

I wish there were street motorcycle suits as colorful as that.

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Now that's what I call a geekMAN!
(Barring leather lol) I am really disappointed with how straight most gear is.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Middle aged white dudes continue to make the world go around unfortunately

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

I'm seriously considering getting one of those 509 suits for this winter since I need some wet weather pants, and I could use it for snowboarding too. But I might just wear a pair of my snowboarding overpants over my Kevlar jeans to save money. It worked really well in torrential rain earlier in the year, just need something to keep the hems from flapping around too much.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

yummycheese posted:

Rich children of the north demand gaudiness so you can be rest assured there is day glow yellow and pink body suits to rip around on your sled

I assume gaudiness helps somewhat when you cut the snowpack loose high-marking and get buried

Not as much as an avalanche beacon, of course

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Geekboy posted:

Same. Even with some bright mf orange gear it's still pretty tame.
One of my helmets is loud as all gently caress, it'd be nice to find matching gear.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

cursedshitbox posted:

Same. Even with some bright mf orange gear it's still pretty tame.
One of my helmets is loud as all gently caress, it'd be nice to find matching gear.

The only genre I know of that does loud and gaudy is MX gear.

Supradog
Sep 1, 2004

A POOOST!?!??! YEEAAAAHHHH

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
Freudian slip if I've ever seen one

T Zero
Sep 26, 2005
What would you trade for this?

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/mcy/7541418338.html

Only registered members can see post attachments!

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
a 'borrowed' picture of an ape.

the only one thing I've worth about that much I'm not getting rid of. Not for any bike.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

I saw a guy with some variant of the Tesi in 2014 or 2015 at the very first motorcycle track day at cota.

The guy was with a group that has driven up from Mexico and brought their own mechanic with them. They had mooooooney.

We still get the interior, rich Mexicans at the COTA track days but they almost exclusively bring Ducatis now. (They still bring the mechanics).

MetaJew fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Oct 11, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe

Geekboy posted:

Mine:
https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/icon-airflite-synthwave-helmet

With the gold full face visor. Nothing reasonably matches, so. Same complaint.