Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
My stress relief:

:allears:

If yall want a replay let me know :unsmith:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

JuffoWup posted:

Ran across something strange just now. Was curious about some odd and bad plays with the enemy's super hellcat. And well, I'm more confused than when I started.

https://worldoftanks.com/en/community/accounts/1006459059-luisxtugall/

Reroll? Or some weird create an account and then forget about it for nearly a decade before picking up again?

It's either the latter or it was an active account that got wiped for cheating, I guess?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Anybody buy boxes for this event? I am thinking I am not going to and just save up for the Christmas boxes.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

If you're planning on buying boxes, it costs $1.00 for each roll regardless of whether you use a new key or reroll.

The cost of $1.00 per reroll is based on buying the 25,000 gold for $100 package, so it's the minimum cost per reroll.

If you want to maximize your rewards for your money it's better to never reroll.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Also you can still get screwed with generators spawning too close together so the WT can camp them both at the same time.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Was actually going for the astron rex but okay, I don't mind a free tier9 only 7 keys deep. Got kpz07 another 25ish in. The HE on that thing is nuts.

You also just straight up get 100 gold for each engineer key you use, so the $50 bundle also nets you 5k gold (~$24), which is cool.

sushibandit fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Sep 27, 2022

MisterMarmite
Feb 4, 2013
I can't believe this game still exists 10 years on. Do any EU folks still play, or is it all US?

Did they make it better? I see they got rid of Team Battles, which was the best way to play back in 2013/14.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

EU has a larger playerbase than NA iirc. Of course, there have been server merges and such.

In some ways its better (no more paying literal gold for "gold ammo", arty nerfs, he nerfs) and it others it's much worse (hulldown heavy tanks sprinting around at 50kmh and wheeled vehicles and he nerfs and more stupid overpowered premium vehicles than ever).

Now's a good time to dip back in though, since they're running a couplefew events and the battlepass recently started its last phase of the year.

There's also more frontline coming, which is easily the most fun version of the game (30v30, on a 3x4 grid of maps going for objectives).

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
EU had over 150,000 online yesterday evening.
No idea how many of those are ruble refugees from Russia and its satellite states, they are being fenced off into their own servers.

MisterMarmite
Feb 4, 2013
More wondering if there are eurogoons still playing to platoon with, I'm not going to live up to my purple colour any more and will get arty focused every game otherwise.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

sushibandit posted:

Was actually going for the astron rex but okay, I don't mind a free tier9 only 7 keys deep. Got kpz07 another 25ish in. The HE on that thing is nuts.

You also just straight up get 100 gold for each engineer key you use, so the $50 bundle also nets you 5k gold (~$24), which is cool.

i did the $20 one and not only did not get a vehicle but got the 100k silver one 5 times

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Wheelies being listed as a con is bad and wrong, wheelies are a pro of the game.

MisterMarmite posted:

More wondering if there are eurogoons still playing to platoon with, I'm not going to live up to my purple colour any more and will get arty focused every game otherwise.

There is an ingame setting that randomizes your name (so stats don't work) and so arty nerds xvm sniping aren't a thing exactly.

A smart arty player can notice a randomize name playing well in a correct position and put 2 and 2 together, but that relies on them being smart..

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Sep 27, 2022

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
So I haven't played for over a year, what's changed and what's been added?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I'm not gonna whale for the baby Chieftain but when they inevitably sell it straight up a few months down the road I might buy it if it's a good tank.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

skaianDestiny posted:

So I haven't played for over a year, what's changed and what's been added?

lots

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Mostly for the better, surprisingly.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

BadLlama posted:

Wheelies being listed as a con is bad and wrong, wheelies are a pro of the game.

The problem with wheelies existing, apart from their complete bullshit armor profile and adamantium-clad wheels, is that there are non-wheeled vehicles playing in the same matches on the same maps at the same time. If they were locked to only play with and against other wheelies like a demented circus act, that would be fine.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

sushibandit posted:

The problem with wheelies existing, apart from their complete bullshit armor profile and adamantium-clad wheels, is that there are non-wheeled vehicles playing in the same matches on the same maps at the same time. If they were locked to only play with and against other wheelies like a demented circus act, that would be fine.

Yeah, one of the claim WG made was that wheeled tanks would only be matched against a wheeled tank on the enemy team. That sure didn't last. Then they also claimed that Object 279(e)s and Chieftains would also be matched only against one on the other team. That ALSO didn't last.

It's weird how that keeps happening and it's genuinely baffling how they're adamantly resisting some obvious gimmes for so long (never allow three arty per team in a game, don't match a loving EBR against a tracked LT etc).

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

McGavin posted:

Mostly for the better, surprisingly.

Like what?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Just general QoL improvements. Too many to list.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Apparently word got out how to play the BT100, 0/9 with Harriers tonight :(
Won my single BT game easily, and this is only my second day of playing this mode ever.
Just stay between the two drop off spots when active; mix in with friendly bot spawns for laughs and steal the drop thingies (optional pro strat)

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

The only way a competent player can lose in the WT is if the generators spawn on opposite ends of the map every single time. If the generators ever spawn close together it's practically impossible for the Harriers to win.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

WT feels way less accurate than last time, and I'm getting tons more armor-blocked shots in it too.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Yeah, one of the claim WG made was that wheeled tanks would only be matched against a wheeled tank on the enemy team. That sure didn't last. Then they also claimed that Object 279(e)s and Chieftains would also be matched only against one on the other team. That ALSO didn't last.

Normal matches above tier 5 should be locked at 1 arty, 1 light, 3 TDs, 5 mediums, and 5 heavies per team, to hell with how long MM takes for anyone who dosn't want to play a tank in World of Tanks.

In particular gently caress the kind of 4 light, 8 TD, 1 med 2 heavy games I've been getting lately.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Id prefer 2 lights max, cause only having 1 light and if you roll a moron can really gently caress you on a lot of maps.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Threw $10 at the keys, got gently caress all. This is why I only spend money on this game at Christmas :smith:.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

Mesadoram posted:

Threw $10 at the keys, got gently caress all. This is why I only spend money on this game at Christmas :smith:.

Yup there is too much garbage filler like xp boosters, demount kits, small booklets (wtf) that show up all the time.
If you reroll, it's a huge gold sink on top of paying for the keys. And the long list of crappy tier 8s all with the same chance as the Chief.. :unsmith:
It's not even good gold value for whales since WG deactivated the guaranteed mercy premium after 50 tries once you have them all. Let that sink in for a moment.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

The whales have them all already.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

McGavin posted:

The whales have them all already.

Yeah but no pity drops severely cuts into the expected gold math.. if those ppl even care idk.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Mesadoram posted:

The T9 Chieftain supposedly has no loving armor anyway, which would make sense if it was a medium.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

BIG HEADLINE posted:

The T9 Chieftain supposedly has no loving armor anyway, which would make sense if it was a medium.

Yeah it doesn't look amazing on Skill's video. The turret rotation is glacial, the gun has insane bloom, the armour is bad. But it has good gun depression and accuracy.

Skill had to think for a long while to decide which was better, the T9 Chieftain or the Strv-K.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
M4 54 is gonna lose 100hp, 65t/51/54 all lose 5 top speed on current supertest :toot:
That was quick. Also something about max dispersion bloom on the move I don't quite grasp, looks like a tiny buff tho.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Completed Stage 20 in the WT mode because the WT in the last game drowned himself instead of playing.

Edit:

:staredog: I'll take it, I guess.

McGavin fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Oct 1, 2022

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

:staredog: Steel Wall in a Kpz 07 RH.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

McGavin posted:

:staredog: Steel Wall in a Kpz 07 RH.

110 got a steel wall?

I've bounced quite a few shots off those things for some reason recently. Must be that German steel we've heard so much about.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Another reason to hate this game.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Another reason to hate this game.

DON'T CAP KILL ALL :downs:

Mr.48
May 1, 2007

MisterMarmite posted:

I just transferred my second account from the RU to the EU server for the time being until I return to Canada. In-game name is Kentistasha if you want to add me. Fair warning though, I play like poo poo these days.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
I have got to say, the wtf-100 is hot garbage when played by the normal player base I've seen in them lately. I watched one get absolutely executed just a minute ago. Two shots from me in the cc-1 mk2 totaling 600 damage and kill and 1086 damage from our jp100. All was ap shells. The thing stopped be a threat instantly.

I think the big changes that has made it so weak is really just like, 3 things really.
1) Just more t10s and some with high explosives gimmicks
2) Speaking of high explosives, the change to intuition allowing for rapid switch of shell type really allows people to swap in their heavy ordinance for it
3) general spotting. The thing was never great with camo anyway, but with high camo tracks tanks like the t100 lt and the even 90, it gets spotted easily. And that doesn't even get into the wheelies just running rapidly around the field spotting it with abandon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Mr.48 posted:

I just transferred my second account from the RU to the EU server for the time being until I return to Canada. In-game name is Kentistasha if you want to add me. Fair warning though, I play like poo poo these days.

Wait you can transfer accounts now?