Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I was looking up how many total rescues there are because it's making me anxious and found another forum that did this as their July game club pick :cheerdoge:

https://www.lemonamiga.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=18275

welcome posted:

Nicely done! I checked the end of a longplay video and there are 45 people rescued, so looks like you did it.

:tipshat:

In that case,
: Beat the game and rescue all survivors :coolslime:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

softlocked myself in the same place, this time by accidentally blowing up the computer. this game is going to give me more of a migraine than DOOM

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

symbolic posted:

softlocked myself in the same place, this time by accidentally blowing up the computer. this game is going to give me more of a migraine than DOOM

You can kill yourself to restart a room with ctrl-a

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Arch Nemesis posted:

You can kill yourself to restart a room with ctrl-a

i had to do that for one of the previous rooms and any environmental changes seem to carry over

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I'm enjoying this game for the most part but I don't really like having to violently frot every wall space like I'm playing a 1988 dungeon crawler. it's bad in them and it's bad here

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
The computer room one is especially bad because of where the switch is hiding. Thankfully I don't think there's too many of them.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

my usb controller wasn’t working for some reason but a flightstick does. feels like a better fit anyway

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Ask me about shitposting in SAD to get the attention my parents never gave me

Sub-Actuality posted:

my usb controller wasn’t working for some reason but a flightstick does. feels like a better fit anyway

lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

only able to use bbgs $1000 racing wheel, seems appropriate

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

savoring the authentic 1991 experience while my character hobbles around drunkenly

it's still better than the keypad at least lol

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Ask me about shitposting in SAD to get the attention my parents never gave me

trying to jack off posted:

only able to use bbgs $1000 racing wheel, seems appropriate

gently caress... forgot to get a prenup... she better not get the wheel

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

That Little Demon posted:

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bruh… better hide the guncons at a friend’s house

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

what the gently caress is the passcode here. I had to restart the level once already and got it then, I'm sure it's Death or death but neither of those work. Do you have to actually talk to the person every time or it doesn't work?

e: tried all the other horsemen and one of them worked so I guess it's random

Lunchmeat Larry fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Oct 1, 2022

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

restarted a floor too hard now im in minus world

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

lol

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

lol

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

walking out of a room before the survivor does and missing the extra life :negative:

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

this is a very fun game I'll never beat

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
: Beat the game

welcome posted:

There are 46 45 survivors in the building

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

welcome posted:

Lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

welcome posted:

lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

welcome posted:

lol congrats nonetheless

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

welcome posted:

lol gj!

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

The game crashed on me is there a specific version of the game I'm supposed to be using?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

rodbeard posted:

The game crashed on me is there a specific version of the game I'm supposed to be using?
there are two versions of the dos port we're playing out there, a prototype and the final release

the prototype's first screen looks like this

the final version's first screen looks like this

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

what the gently caress do I do here. I've otherwise beaten and completely scoured every item on this floor. I looked up a video and the player used a bomb on the door. I have never found a bomb

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
As far as I could tell you have to use a bomb. There's two survivors like that but I only ever found one bomb (from the guy in the 1st computer room).

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I may have replayed the entire game collecting as many items as possible lol but the next (last?) floor is making me glad for that, it definitely expects you to have loads of grenades and other items. It's neat how quickly you can rush through the game when you know it

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Now I'm definitely not mad at all. It felt great to finally beat this game, it's hard as hell but as long as you're regularly rescuing folks, you generally have enough lives to throw a few at tricky rooms, or do Ctrl+A in the couple of rooms where survivors die immediately if you screw up. That said, I either missed a ton of items or they're actually random because I finished the game having found 1 bomb (survivor gift), 2 shields (1 was a survivor gift), and no freeze rays. It's cruel to make you think that all doors have hidden switches and then just drop in a couple that don't, and it's crueler to put at least one of these rooms after the timer starts.

And if you're playing this, save on every floor if you feel good about your grenade/life stash. But unless you've been told you have less than five minutes remaining (unlikely), even if you have one life remaining, SAVE when you get to the last floor! (you'll know when you're on the last floor)

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Getting killed instantly because the second guy I tried to rescue stopped me directly in the path of a swiveling turret to shake my hand was pretty funny

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
i'm a few floors in and this isnt really doing it for me. probably just gonna call it quits here

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Getting killed instantly because the second guy I tried to rescue stopped me directly in the path of a swiveling turret to shake my hand was pretty funny

Lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

welcome posted:

Now I'm definitely not mad at all. It felt great to finally beat this game, it's hard as hell but as long as you're regularly rescuing folks, you generally have enough lives to throw a few at tricky rooms, or do Ctrl+A in the couple of rooms where survivors die immediately if you screw up. That said, I either missed a ton of items or they're actually random because I finished the game having found 1 bomb (survivor gift), 2 shields (1 was a survivor gift), and no freeze rays. It's cruel to make you think that all doors have hidden switches and then just drop in a couple that don't, and it's crueler to put at least one of these rooms after the timer starts.

And if you're playing this, save on every floor if you feel good about your grenade/life stash. But unless you've been told you have less than five minutes remaining (unlikely), even if you have one life remaining, SAVE when you get to the last floor! (you'll know when you're on the last floor)

yeah I've saved all 45 survivors now so the end is in sight but I only found two bombs total after talking to literally every survivor possible, and you need to use both in otherwise inaccessible survivor rooms, which is really bad imo

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

yeah I've saved all 45 survivors now so the end is in sight but I only found two bombs total after talking to literally every survivor possible, and you need to use both in otherwise inaccessible survivor rooms, which is really bad imo

Nice! The only survivor I missed was behind one of those doors so I must have missed a pickup.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

welcome posted:

Nice! The only survivor I missed was behind one of those doors so I must have missed a pickup.

I watched a video of the earlier parts to see if I missed anything and someone definitely got a bomb in a location where I just got a grenade, which makes me think it's at least somewhat randomised and I guess you could just have an unlucky seed where you're literally unable to save everyone lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Lmao...