Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

El Burbo posted:

I saw an enemy guntank the other day that was glitched stuck halfway into the floor does that count

The upper half comes off and sits on the ground while it's doing the Core Fighter ult, you sure it wasn't just that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Me, getting a cool skin for the Methuss: Maybe I should play the Methuss

Me, after winning a Domination 2-0 with 23 kills and a 12 streak: Wait am I good with this thing

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

methuss is very, very good

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I played my first game last night and while I wanted to grab Sazabi because that's my style I let everyone else pick since I had no experience and ended up picking Methuss and it was a good time.

Bummed Marasai is a suit you gotta unlock because he's who I really want to play.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
i can and i will!!

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Deviant posted:

keep your crosshair higher than you are now, i bet.

don't aim at the floor, the enemy isn't coming out of the floor.

Unless you're playing Dom, where you should always be aiming at the floor around their feet unless you're firing the laser!

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
i love DOM

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Also a friend just told me about this last night, when you ult as GM Sniper II you can jump while scoped in and maintain 100% accuracy

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

testing reveals:

-the asshimar ult does 500 damage while the zaku ult does 400
-asshimar's flight mode does not reload its gun, unless there is 0 shots left. then it simply plays the reload while you're flying (cancelling early will have it start reloading but be 50% already done or w/e). i have not found a way to do this while at more than 0 shots left, nor a way to not do this while at 0 shots remaining

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

You reload while flying because you can shoot while flying

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
every match I've played today has been the same. Me and maybe one other guy on the team are actually pushing, taking the point. Everyone else on the team will literally stop OUTSIDE of the point. They'll go everywhere but the point. They'll dash side to side around the point. But they will never, ever, set foot inside of it and I want to die.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
they should add a suit with Life Grip/Rescue

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

best way to troll your own team's barbatos

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Nuebot posted:

every match I've played today has been the same. Me and maybe one other guy on the team are actually pushing, taking the point. Everyone else on the team will literally stop OUTSIDE of the point. They'll go everywhere but the point. They'll dash side to side around the point. But they will never, ever, set foot inside of it and I want to die.

Sounds like average team-and-objective-based gaming, to me. :p

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

welcome to the weekend solo queue

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Nuebot posted:

Let's go fight over B while C is like 20 yards forward and the actual objective!

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Nuebot posted:

I stopped playing this morning after a match where I pulled the entire enemy team away from the chokepoint, killed two and captured the advanced spawn point while my entire rest of the team stood around shooting into the chokepoint that had no enemies and refusing to step past it for the entire match timer.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

We won with 69% progress on the bomb

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Let's go fight over B while C is like 20 yards forward and the actual objective!

This happens all the drat time on Lunar Comm Station and it's bewilderingly effective

Runa fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Oct 2, 2022

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Runa posted:

This happens all the drat time on Lunar Comm Station and it's bewilderingly effective

Yeah that was exactly the one I was thinking of.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Mahiroo is quickly becoming my favorite suit because its bouncy grenades make me play smarter than more direct characters, and I love the beam, just give it infinite range for better useability but keep the delay so it's high risk or needs setup rather than being a snap response. It helps that Mahiroo is also just a really cool design, and people think it's weak so it's likely to get buffed so win-win.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I really like the Mahiroo. I wish the laser beam didn't lock you in place so long though, and maybe make it shoot faster or hold more grenades? But generally I really enjoy playing it. It never gets old killing people via kick who think they've won by getting close.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Nuebot posted:

I really like the Mahiroo. I wish the laser beam didn't lock you in place so long though, and maybe make it shoot faster or hold more grenades? But generally I really enjoy playing it. It never gets old killing people via kick who think they've won by getting close.

Putting a beam explosion right under an ice blocking zaku melee also feels good. A nice little present for them to wake up to.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u34zNrGgcek

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Runa posted:

Press X to Nice

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Sweet, boost hopping.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

GM sniper really needs to be nerfed or removed from the game preferably. It's way too easy to dominate a game with it and it doesn't fit the fun way the rest of the game feels.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
Dash hopping is a good strat, but that guy fundamentally doesn't understand that the different suits with differnet # of dashes travel differnet differences. When showing the difference on GM between dash hopping + bashing, vs dashing + bashing he cancels out of his dash early with the bash at around the dash distance a three dasher would go which is why he came up so short, which makes me think he doesn't realize that aspect of the dash movement.

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

Kwolok posted:

- Not all boosts are built the same. Yes a three boost suit has the biggest boost range, and can boost more than once, but each individual boost is the shortest! A single boost suit actually has the longest single boost, almost twice the distance of a single boost from a three boost mech.

Going back to your original post Kwolok, you sure about that part? From going to the range and testing it seems that two boost is the shortest single boost range for no good reason.

So single boost goes slightly farther than 100m per boost, two boost goes slightly less than 100m per boost, and three boost goes 100m per boost.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

Unhappy Meal posted:

Going back to your original post Kwolok, you sure about that part? From going to the range and testing it seems that two boost is the shortest single boost range for no good reason.

So single boost goes slightly farther than 100m per boost, two boost goes slightly less than 100m per boost, and three boost goes 100m per boost.

Testing again I actually think maybe all boosts are the same? I dunno now I feel confused. They definitely feel the same all of a sudden, I wonder if this was patched?

But yes, I currently think, single dash is the longest by a slight slight amount. Then triple dashes are middle, and you seem to be right, two dashes are the shortest. This is so strange.

You can still see in the video he posted that he ended the dash early, because he had dash bar left over when he initiated the shield bash. So he is still slightly exaggerating the effect (though yes dash jumping will get you arguably further)

Fun fact though, dash jumping is really truly BARELY faster. In the video he says "Look at the end of dash jumping I can go almost 500Meters!" But if you time your dashes such that you dash and then just continue walking forward for about as long as you would be in the air if you jumped, and then dash again, you arrive at almost exactly 500 meters. So if dash jumping is faster, and carries more velocity is honestly debatable. I do agree it makes you a harder to hit target.

Kwolok fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Oct 2, 2022

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

is barbatos a special case of dashes being a nonstandard dash distance or is it possible that two other suits with 3 dashes could have different dash distances between them?

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

ninjewtsu posted:

is barbatos a special case of dashes being a nonstandard dash distance or is it possible that two other suits with 3 dashes could have different dash distances between them?

I tested a number of suits of the same dash type, and I think the dashes are consistent across suits of the same dash number.

Here is a video I put together showing that dash-jumping is more or less ineffective for covering more distance. Even if it does let you cover more distance, it is really really tiny, almost neglible:

https://streamable.com/o5ykyl

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I really wish we could split boost and dash from using the same key. My shift key sucks and doesn't like being quickly tapped - and I hate quickly tapping the shift key anyway, it feels awkward. Meanwhile every button I have that would work well for dashing, like my mouse buttons, feels really awkward to hold down for long stretches of time to sprint.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

A part of me is paranoid that the old school sticky keys prompt from windows is gonna gently caress me up

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/BearYugioh/status/1576682231942107137?s=20&t=SUUkxixanB1t1GMqFOOtzA

We're gonna have one of these for every unit eventually

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

good

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Even So

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Sometimes all you can do is believe in your team.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
wow the zaku ranged is a lot of fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

been having a lot of fun lately throwing the sazabi axe way up in the sky, dashing to it, hovering for a little bit, then dropping right on top of unsuspecting enemy robots. what the gently caress are you gonna do when a 2800 hp sazabi drops from the sky directly in front of you, already aiming their high damage shotgun lol