Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

new world got way too damage spongey and mob swarmy at the higher levels, that's the main reason i quit. even just leveling up wasn't fun any more.

and then there were all the massive client bugs and issues that just seemed to keep coming every week. that poo poo was wild. then i heard crafting was pointless cause it would never be as good as vendor gear. so i'm good on all that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

lookig forward to the tlou and hzd multiplayer games, thaht will be full of live service nonsnese bcos sony have said they want more live service and bought bungie for their expertise in making games overly monetized and miserable. for the players.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

gently caress console gaming tbh

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

no, the switch pwns

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Bloodborne pc when
HFW pc when

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Muscle Tracer posted:

Bloodborne pc when
HFW pc when

Please enjoy The Last of Us 2 remake

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

i was making a list of games that i wanted on the PS store, and was gonna get as PS4 when the list hit critical mass. then I learned that you cannot buy ANY armored core games on the PS store and decided to nope out purely out of spite. (and my massive steam and switch backlog)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

...if they're just throwing money away on dumb poo poo pay someone so we can have Metal Gear Solid 1-5 ported :argh:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Sony is loving insane.:lol:

I’m getting really sick of remakes in general. I’d rather just see things ported or at best somewhat light enhancements like what Nintendo has been doing with 3D Zeldas in the past decade.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

No Dignity posted:

Please enjoy The Last of Us 2 remake

i'd actually like to play that game with new haptics

also, where the gently caress is factions 2

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

SeANMcBAY posted:

Sony is loving insane.:lol:

I’m getting really sick of remakes in general. I’d rather just see things ported or at best somewhat light enhancements like what Nintendo has been doing with 3D Zeldas in the past decade.

its already ported, to pc. and ps5 can play the ps4 vers. they killed all of their jpn studios for this lol

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Remakes of forgotten jewels of the SNES to PS2 era are fine.

Literally making remasters of last gen games is like, no loving wonder the PS5 has 5 exclusives lol.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Remaking a game that came out in the ye olde age of, uh, 2017

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
FF7 spoilers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb9T679e3Z0

lol

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Literally making remasters of last gen games is like, no loving wonder the PS5 has 5 exclusives lol.

"remake" to me implies reviving something old and haggard and giving it a fresh coat of paint, this is literally just porting HZD to the updated HFW engine with some upscaled textures and is absolutely not worth the title nor money for anyone who already bought the thing

i'm not a "graphics don't matter" guy but, at the same time, this poo poo is basically a placebo upgrade, and i could practically guarantee that people wouldn't be able to guess a blind HZD vs. "remastered" version test at anything better than chance

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

The last time they remastered a game from just one console generation prior it was The Last of Us (lol) and at least in that case the game ran pretty poorly on the PS3 and could actually hit 1080p and 60fps on the PS4, so it was a marked upgrade.

Horizon Zero Dawn can already be played at 4k and 60fps on the PS5. What's a remaster going to add? Marginally better lighting? The weird hair physics from Forbidden West?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Just give us Bloodborne Remastered you loving HACKS.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The ps4 had a reputation for being the remaster console, so does the switch, but at least those consoles weren't backwards compatible. I have no idea what the point of a ps5 remaster of a ps4 game is on a console which can already play the ps4 game

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Macaluso posted:

Just give us Bloodborne 60fps patch

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Harrow posted:

The last time they remastered a game from just one console generation prior it was The Last of Us (lol) and at least in that case the game ran pretty poorly on the PS3 and could actually hit 1080p and 60fps on the PS4, so it was a marked upgrade.

Horizon Zero Dawn can already be played at 4k and 60fps on the PS5. What's a remaster going to add? Marginally better lighting? The weird hair physics from Forbidden West?

it is going to add the ability for the many gamers who feel games like HFD and TLOU are the pinnacle of gameplay and story telling to enjoy their favorite part of games(anticipating the release) without the downside of the game in question maybe not being something they end up liking.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

anyone calling the switch a remaster console is a moron

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

also the first tlou remake was also stupid as was the uncharted collection. thish is what happens when you give the western side of the company control. horrible.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
People have been remaking games from previous generations without any major visible changes since games were a thing tho

e: Still funny when it happens to big aaa stuff where it's just a glorified port lol

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

I said come in! posted:

Gamers: Can we have remastered Bloodborne at least?
Sony: ........
Sony Dunkey: *remasters Knack*

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Stux posted:

also the first tlou remake was also stupid as was the uncharted collection. thish is what happens when you give the western side of the company control. horrible.

Americans should be barred from making games in any groups larger than 10, they've proven time and time again they just can't be trusted with the responsibility

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

FirstAidKite posted:

People have been remaking games from previous generations without any major visible changes since games were a thing tho

in the case of the switch it makes some sense for Nintendo to rerelase like every exclusive WiiU game because nobody had a wiiU and also it adds portability. it is sort of justifiable for the early ps4 days because it had no BC to the PS3 and they had trouble getting games on it for year 1 of that console.

it makes no sense for the ps5 its idiotic

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Stux posted:

it was actually really fun to play, the combat is great

opening the cash shop would reset all your cooldowns and people were abusing that in pvp

rox
Sep 7, 2016

i loved my wiiu :3

switch ftw

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the switch is epic. imagine playing a console with enticing exclusive games

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

haha what posted:

i loved my wiiu :3

switch ftw

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

FirstAidKite posted:

e: Still funny when it happens to big aaa stuff where it's just a glorified port lol

this is the first time its been the only thing coming out on the console from first party studios.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

in the case of the switch it makes some sense for Nintendo to rerelase like every exclusive WiiU game because nobody had a wiiU and also it adds portability. it is sort of justifiable for the early ps4 days because it had no BC to the PS3 and they had trouble getting games on it for year 1 of that console.

it makes no sense for the ps5 its idiotic

also its like 5 games, alongside a ton of other nintendo games

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
this feels closer to like how jrpgs will release an enchanced version on the same console a few years later, than a true remaster

the fact that they're calling it a remake is very dumb

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Stux posted:

this is the first time its been the only thing coming out on the console from first party studios.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

the ps5 has been out for 2 full years and has 5 games, soon to be 4 bcos one is getting a pc port.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Stux posted:

the ps5 has been out for 2 full years and has 5 games, soon to be 4 bcos one is getting a pc port.

Since they're breaking the magic number might as well also port Demon Souls.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

This is good news for gamers

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
also one of them is a remake of a ps3 game, one is a tech demo and one is a bad kart racer. so I guess the ps5 has ratchet and clank

Feels Villeneuve fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Oct 2, 2022

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Yeah in this case it’s good. Live A Live HD is dope.

I think Demon Souls PS5 is my least favorite of these. It’s incredibly technically but it felt like the art direction was only “how do we make this epicer” when it doesn’t really gel with what the original game was going for. You can really tell MCU obsessed Americans worked on it. I know a lot of people liked it but I really couldn’t stand it.

May 8, 2006

i might just be old bc when i played the ps5 ratchet and clank there were sections that the clutter/lighting just made it too hard to tell what i was actually looking at

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

SeANMcBAY posted:

Yeah in this case it’s good. Live A Live HD is dope.

I think Demon Souls PS5 is my least favorite of these. It’s incredibly technically but it felt like the art direction was only “how do we make this epicer” when it doesn’t really gel with what the original game was going for. You can really tell MCU obsessed Americans worked on it. I know a lot of people liked it but I really couldn’t stand it.

thankfully ps3 demons souls is fully play able on ps3 emu on pc at 60fps etc so you dont have to worry about the fail remake.