Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

the kingsguard are worse than mall security, jeez louise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
I can't get over how calm everyone is about Vhagar getting stolen. Who gives a poo poo about an eye, house velaryon should be up in arms.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Ravenfood posted:

I can't get over how calm everyone is about Vhagar getting stolen. Who gives a poo poo about an eye, house velaryon should be up in arms.

I think that’s just how things go with dragons, so if they complained, no one would think they had a leg to stand on

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Ravenfood posted:

I mean the only way you're going to 'steal' a dragon, especially one as big as Vhagar, is by managing to bond with it somehow. Otherwise you'd just end up looking like Laena. So there's probably not a whole lot that can be done about it.

e;fb

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

That was a real good episode.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Congrats Laenor, that might be the happiest ending of anyone in the show.

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009
Absolutely wonderful episode.

That ending was superb and I literally cheered.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.

blue squares posted:

Shockingly upbeat ending

Honestly shocked by that. Good on the show for paying off another of the darker known moments with a twist. No spoilers, but it makes me wonder if they’ve now used up their one “this person doesn’t actually die” for the shows run.

But I guess RIP to random dead servant(?)

Teek fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Oct 3, 2022

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
I do admit I was taken aback by the twist but I did find the whole Pokemon style "I like shorts, they're so comfy. Let's fight!" exchange weird.

This episode really set up all the bitter vendettas to come though. Good loving TV.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

This loving episode holy poo poo. They are running through so much plot. Do we think Rhaenyra wanted Laenor to escape the assassination? Given that this ending was about her learning brutality my guess is that was unplanned on her end.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Had a feeling this show would pick up after the big time jump and I’m not wrong so far

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Vegetable posted:

This loving episode holy poo poo. They are running through so much plot. Do we think Rhaenyra wanted Laenor to escape the assassination? Given that this ending was about her learning brutality my guess is that was unplanned on her end.

As far as we’ve been shown only his boyfriend and daemon know

e: Actually her speech with daemon suggests she probably knows

And someone get the production crew those nasa lenses kubric used in barry lyndon

EvilBlackRailgun fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Oct 3, 2022

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Alicent was all grossed out by the incest, but then makes her kids marry each other.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
My only question about Laenor’s ending, is what happens to his dragon? Seems kind of hard to move to Essos and be anonymous with a dragon following you around. I don’t think a fakeout death works on your magical bond with a dragon.

Giodo!
Oct 29, 2003

TyrantWD posted:

My only question about Laenor’s ending, is what happens to his dragon? Seems kind of hard to move to Essos and be anonymous with a dragon following you around. I don’t think a fakeout death works on your magical bond with a dragon.

They filmed the scene with the dragon following him on the boat while he throws rocks at it and cries until it eventually stays on Driftmark, but I heard it got cut for time.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I supported Criston Lewinski Cole but all I can say now is why is he NOT in jail

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Jesus Christ, Alicent

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem

JackDarko posted:

Watching it on an OLED LG, I had the same issue. Weird grading on this episode.

yeah oled lg here too and it was weird. the gently caress beach scene was oddly dim but okay other than some weird framerate issues, like it was sped up and smoothed. but when dickhead started stalking the dragon it was far too dark. the scene lighting also didnt go back to that same dimness after the dragon put his fire out. all of it felt like something funky happened

rest of the episode was cool though

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

So we're gonna make her weird coin hat normal for weddings, right?

Not just for the bride. Everyone. And it's not a HotD theme or something, it's just a normal wedding plus a hundred of those hats.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
The first half of the episode looked very weirdly lit. Like they did a bad job of shooting day for night.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
House Velaryon got punked by a teenager. I know you're all mourning but you gotta secure the bag, people.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

thats not candy posted:

yeah oled lg here too and it was weird. the gently caress beach scene was oddly dim but okay other than some weird framerate issues, like it was sped up and smoothed. but when dickhead started stalking the dragon it was far too dark. the scene lighting didnt also didnt go back to that same dimness after the dragon put his fire out. all of it felt like something funky happened

rest of the episode was cool though

They make it dark so the bad CGI doesn't stand out.

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem

nooneofconsequence posted:

They make it dark so the bad CGI doesn't stand out.

maybe, but the dragon fire lit the scene up properly and then it stayed lit after which is where all the cgi happened

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

PostNouveau posted:

The first half of the episode looked very weirdly lit. Like they did a bad job of shooting day for night.

I thought they were going for moonlit but it didn’t work well.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Another banner day for the Kingsguard. Everybody just stand around and watch the Queen attack the heir and her kids with a big-rear end knife.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Best episode of the season.

Best episode since (GOT SPOILER) Podrick sang.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

deoju posted:

Best episode since (GOT SPOILER) bad pussy.

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

Personally, I felt this episode was garbage.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

covidstomper58 posted:

I did feel it was kinda rushed and mediocre but almost all the acting is good and convincing so it's hard
I cant help but feel a lot of events are just like "ok this is on the fire and blood checklist of events" without building characters to it in a way classic early GoT didnt feel
Like, i can clearly see the seams

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

That loving ruled!! And drat another time skip of at least 5 years.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Lol

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
I only wish I hadn't watched the RLM review of Nope the other day because now I can't not see the "shadows at night" thing when they film night scenes that way.

DukeofCA
Aug 18, 2011

I am shocked and appalled.

deoju posted:

Best episode since (GOT SPOILER) Podrick banged.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
Question for any book readers on tonight's episode: I'm assuming Laenor dies in the book?

It came across like a copout so Rhaenyra remains sympathetic.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Chemtrailologist posted:

Question for any book readers on tonight's episode: I'm assuming Laenor dies in the book?

I guess a bit but they did murk some random dude over it

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

Chemtrailologist posted:

The book gives 2 possible explanations but in both, yes.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

covidstomper58 posted:

Wizard master? That you?

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

This episode loving ruled. Daemon getting in Criston's face and shutting him down was my favorite moment in the show so far.

Thundercracker posted:

I do admit I was taken aback by the twist but I did find the whole Pokemon style "I like shorts, they're so comfy. Let's fight!" exchange weird.

This episode really set up all the bitter vendettas to come though. Good loving TV.

Yeah the twist ruled, I was about to gripe about how weirdly abrupt the fight/death was, and GOT has so conditioned me to see everything as grimdark that even when they got on the rowboat I thought it was going to be just Daemon ganking Qarl to make no witnesses. The genuinely happy ending for them was unexpected and a treat.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(
Great episode.

Except for that bizarrely lighted beach scene lmao. Raised by wolves lives in spirit.

I feel so dumb for not catching (book spoiler for an event that has passed in the show)That Laenor living was a possibility, the official story just wouldn’t mention it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Aemond did nothing wrong, he was acting in self defence and he's a child who's been trained to kill these brunettes specifically by Criston