Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Jay Rust posted:

I guess I just think this is Sony doing bad things, and not Nintendo doing good things. It’s good for games to be available to more people, also it’s bad if games become mtx nft hellscapes, I hope these aren’t our two choices

two roads diverged in a yellowed wood, one towards "making a lot of money" and one towards "making games that are good." and that has made all the difference.

page snipe content: SUPERHOT is in the same subgenre as Baba is You, namely, games where things do not happen if you do not move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

more broadly known as roguelikes

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

:twisted:

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

opening the cash shop would reset all your cooldowns and people were abusing that in pvp

was that before or after the bug where if you put the game in windowed mode and dragged the game around on your desktop you'd become invincible until you let go of it
couldn't hit anything but you could stand on a capture point in pvp and be unkillable

Muscle Tracer posted:

page snipe content: SUPERHOT is in the same subgenre as Baba is You, namely, games where things do not happen if you do not move.

Fates of Ort is also in this genre, it is cool

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Oct 3, 2022

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Stux posted:

more broadly known as roguelikes

no, there's no hub world with permanent upgrades in either game

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Stux posted:

i mean it doesnt inherently lose money. i wouldnt say theyre floundering either, their console is selling fine, and regarldless of how funny it is im sure w the pc ports included theyre doing well off the titles theyre releasing/remaking/porting, even if theyre currently probably down coming off the back of covid lockdown money. what it does is change how they make money and what their aims are, and that is generally making less games and making the ones they do make more and more risk free. this is an overall loss for gaming. it is not a benefit to games as a form of media for there to be less games made and for them to be more infected with horrible monetization and game design choices to ensure theyre a more profitable and consumable product. it is not a benefit to games as a form of media for a major platform holder and publisher to nuke a huge portion of their studios and staff because what they make is too risky and not mass marketable.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
yall all realize that the tiny list of "PS5 exclusives" is 99% not because of the handful of PC ports the hundred-million-dollar-marketing-budget crossplatform GaaS blobs
it's because of PS4/PS5 crossplatform games
which makes perfect sense, since the ps4 is already just a general purpose computer in a box and the ps5 is just a ps4 with higher specs. there is no game on earth that you can make on ps5 that you couldn't also have made on ps4 with a bit lower fidelity graphics (which 99% of gamers are just fine with). that is why there are no ps5 exclusives

the PS5 released on nov 12, 2020
there have been 413 playstation 4 games with release dates on or after nov 12 2020, according to wikipedia's list of ps4 games. that's more than one release every 2 days.

there are plenty of playstation games
there have always been plenty of playstation games

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
It has no loving games OP

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
it still has bloodborne :negative:

give me a port of that

and can i get a port of MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM EXTREME VS. MAXIBOOST ON while you're at it too, tia

rox
Sep 7, 2016

so youre saying that the playstation 4, the console that i already own and can still purchase, has plenty of games on it that i dont need a playstation 5 to play

how does this counter the argument of the playstation 5 having a paltry amount of exclusive games exactly?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

yall all realize that the tiny list of "PS5 exclusives" is 99% not because of the handful of PC ports the hundred-million-dollar-marketing-budget crossplatform GaaS blobs
it's because of PS4/PS5 crossplatform games
which makes perfect sense, since the ps4 is already just a general purpose computer in a box and the ps5 is just a ps4 with higher specs. there is no game on earth that you can make on ps5 that you couldn't also have made on ps4 with a bit lower fidelity graphics (which 99% of gamers are just fine with). that is why there are no ps5 exclusives

the PS5 released on nov 12, 2020
there have been 413 playstation 4 games with release dates on or after nov 12 2020, according to wikipedia's list of ps4 games. that's more than one release every 2 days.

there are plenty of playstation games
there have always been plenty of playstation games

how many are not on pc already or going to be on pc soon, and worth playing. the answer is bloodborne and nothing else.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

haha what posted:

so youre saying that the playstation 4, the console that i already own and can still purchase, has plenty of games on it that i dont need a playstation 5 to play

how does this counter the argument of the playstation 5 having a paltry amount of exclusive games exactly?

ps4 and ps5 are the same thing

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Stux posted:

how many are not on pc already or going to be on pc soon, and worth playing. the answer is bloodborne and nothing else.

and hell, like i mentioned before, if you're at least reasonably close to a data center you can just get PS now and play bloodborne on PC for effectively the same experience

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

another day, another dan

i had to lose 6 times in a row first and get demoted all the way to the bottom BUT i won like 5 or 6 in a row after that and got higher than i was previously :toot:

it seems like just playing around in training mode during the weekdays and then doing ranked for a bit on the weekends is paying off. i'm certainly enjoying myself!

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

thats the fighters spirit. congrats

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Kerrzhe posted:

another day, another dan

i had to lose 6 times in a row first and get demoted all the way to the bottom BUT i won like 5 or 6 in a row after that and got higher than i was previously :toot:

it seems like just playing around in training mode during the weekdays and then doing ranked for a bit on the weekends is paying off. i'm certainly enjoying myself!

hell yeah :cheers:

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Feels Villeneuve posted:

by the end of 2025 sony projects that it will have 12 games

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Kerrzhe posted:

another day, another dan

gamer hell yeah

competitive multiplayer becomes a lot of fun when you come to internalize that it's not testing your skill but your resolve, and that finding the courage to keep queuing up, admitting your mistakes, and trying your hardest will eventually get you gains no matter what

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It’s called player vs player… both the players are You

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

oh sweet, I guess this means BOTW is getting a remaster that will be out on the same day

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Playing through oneshot for the first time.

I'm at what I assume is the ending.

Save the world or return home. gently caress you game. You wanna tell me I can't close out of the game during cutscenes, gently caress you I'm ending the process. Not playing by your dumbass rules.

Guess that's where I'm leaving it.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
good job throwing a tantrum at a cute indie game OP

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

You should keep playing

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

lol

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Feels Villeneuve posted:

good job throwing a tantrum at a cute indie game OP

It's ok to go "yeah I'm not up for this right now" and stop playing

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1576834901114261504

Will we finally get a Zelda movie?

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

"Chris Pratt has been hired as 'Artist In Residence'"

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Finished FFX yesterday. It stuck the landing. Every FF game I have played has left me utterly happy with how everything finished. So far, with only 5 games under my belt, there are no bad Final Fantasy games. Each one is off doing whatever it wants to do unrestrained by the previous one and they have all been an utter delight to get involved in and beat!

I have a saved game from right before the end and I think I might attempt some of the post game stuff and grinding stuff just on my own time. It would be cool to win against a dark aeon.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Only if Ghibli does it :colbert:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wxav9Jj7R68

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Wtf I wasn't getting unread posts on this thread I have 8 pages to read argh

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
We did the Octoberpath gag last year the state of this thread

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Sort it out rarity

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
OK hear me out

Croctober Chat Thread

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Octoberpath Traveler Remastered: Games Chat imho

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

Rarity posted:

OK hear me out

Croctober Chat Thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mwWkwQjWVY

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

It's ok to go "yeah I'm not up for this right now" and stop playing

Your reaction made me curious so I looked up the game and I have a (fairly predictable) spoiler for you to read if you're interested.

The game is doing an Undertale and you should keep playing.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1576897611470192641?s=20&t=uo3IrflAC68EjNOQsEP_Xg

what the gently caress

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Does this mean Giantbomb will get more or less poo poo? :thunk:

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Infinitum posted:

Does this mean Giantbomb will get more or less poo poo? :thunk:

its been getting poo poo for about 5 years now so id expect the trend to continue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I'm more surprised to learn that Giant Bomb, Gamefaqs and Metacritic were already all owned by the same company before this.