Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

PF has repeatedly said he’s the best player on offense and I’d be hard pressed to disagree. Alijah Vera-Tucker just went from LG to RG to moving to LT and playing at a high level at all of them. He’s ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

Calais Campbell is this generation's Mo Lewis, so it is written

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Diva Cupcake posted:

PF has repeatedly said he’s the best player on offense and I’d be hard pressed to disagree. Alijah Vera-Tucker just went from LG to RG to moving to LT and playing at a high level at all of them. He’s ridiculous.

Yup. Plays at a high level week in and week out no matter the situation. He’s a star. But the Jets should have just kept their 3rd round pick and drafted *spins wheel* Brady Christensen instead.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I'm very worried about what the OL play they are going to get for the rest of the year is going to look like...

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Pretty well settled, it feels like. The pieces around Belichick don't really matter.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
After the early games finished, I almost posted in this thread that the Pats were now officially the worst team in the AFC East.

What the gently caress is going on?

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Who picks the music for the broadcast because playing the Mighty Mighty Bosstones “Impression That I Get” after the TD is great.

Watching Throw Rogan spend one of his last playing years on a bad team is just lol

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

K8.0 posted:

After the early games finished, I almost posted in this thread that the Pats were now officially the worst team in the AFC East.

What the gently caress is going on?

Maybe it’s Mac Jones who is trash and Bailey Zappe is the future.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Inconsistent as hell

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
Sounds like excuse making to me :colbert:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Your 1-3 patriots

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
It advocating for it but I was kinda surprised the Tua hit wasn’t flagged. I’ve seen less called many times.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I predicted 1-3 to start the season, so lol, not mad about that performance.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon
how do you just win for 20 years and start sucking........bill belichick SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

That’s probably a moral victory with your 3rd string QB in Green Bay.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/Michael_Nania/status/1576722094909689856

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

how do you just win for 20 years and start sucking........bill belichick SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dunno, what do you think changed between then and now?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I dunno, what do you think changed between then and now?

Bill Belichick - Tom Brady = Buddy Ryan? :v:

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
The Dolphins could probably win a good deal of regular season games if their young prince hadn’t been thrown to the wolves.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Skylar Thompson time

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL
It’s not very violent. But it is late, completely avoidable and unnecessary. It is also helmet to face mask.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a defender hesitate that badly after a QB threw the ball away and still decide “ah gently caress it, I’m gonna hit the QB anyway”.

And gently caress the refs for letting the ravens hit Josh in the head 3 times on 2 separate qb slides with no flags.

I think your point is that Wilson has gotten destroyed way worse than this multiple times and didn’t draw a flag. I agree that those hits on Wilson should have drawn a flag.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Zach Wilson, above average game player

https://twitter.com/willpa11/status/1576748585294536704?s=46&t=n1idw6JLudLH0TmRRXG-Tg

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
It’s nice to see buffalos excuses come after a win at least. Progress!

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

You going to contrive this "excuses" bit all season or…?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
It’s been 7 days total and your fans like th3 really *really* laid it on thick. You’ll survive, I promise.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
Bills Rule

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I didn’t post here during the game but I wanted to make sure to say:

Go Bills

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
https://twitter.com/KevinMassare/status/1576686028294746113?t=IIB18N-BSMH5H_PWB5NgHw&s=19

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Amy Pole Her posted:

It’s been 7 days total and your fans like th3 really *really* laid it on thick. You’ll survive, I promise.

I’ve hired an independent consultant to disprove this

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL

Amy Pole Her posted:

I laid it on thick that Tua sucks for the entire week leading up to the game. But I did not go thick on excuses after the game for losing to the dolphins.

You’re just bitter because you only got to enjoy the Dolphins win over the Bills for 4 days. And you didn’t even really enjoy the 4 days because deep down you knew that it was fools gold.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I promise you we all enjoyed the poo poo out of ruining your presumed perfect season.

We enjoyed the excuses too, tbh.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

t a s t e posted:

I’ve hired an independent consultant to disprove this

Lmao dammit

Too bad for you I’m a dolphin fan so I’m just gonna ignore this opinion and send ya on out there ☠️

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Professor Funk posted:

Yup. Plays at a high level week in and week out no matter the situation. He’s a star. But the Jets should have just kept their 3rd round pick and drafted *spins wheel* Brady Christensen instead.

https://twitter.com/ConnorJRogers/status/1576886458342060032

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/michael_nania/status/1576905761673736193?s=46&t=8pL8H3NC8tSsjfT4s9lyNA

He’s the best player on the team.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Can't complain about the team being 2-2 after 4 games with Wilson being out for 3 of them. It would be nice if the team looked better in more then 2 quarters total. I figured 4 wins would be a disaster of a season, but with Hoyer or Zappe starting for the Pats they should easily get to 4 wins. They really should hit between 7 and 9 wins this season. That would be real improvement for once.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I wouldn't assume that just because the Pats have a lovely QB the Jets will beat them twice.... They just took the packers to OT on the road with those lovely QBs. Bill is still a warlock.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

It's him or Quinnen. Though Sauce or maybe even G. Wilson should be in the conversation by the end of the year.

Pretty awesome how so many guys from the last 2 draft classes popped yesterday. Z. Wilson's 1st/4th quarters, AVT saving the offensive line, MCII with the huge INT in the 4th quarter, Sauce being glue (again), G. Wilson with the huge 35 yard reception on the drive down 20-10, JJ with a sack, Breece Hall with big runs and a GW TD, etc. I wish Moore could get going for a full game though, I thought it would happen after he had a couple of big catches early on.

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Oct 3, 2022

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

syzpid posted:

Can't complain about the team being 2-2 after 4 games with Wilson being out for 3 of them. It would be nice if the team looked better in more then 2 quarters total. I figured 4 wins would be a disaster of a season, but with Hoyer or Zappe starting for the Pats they should easily get to 4 wins. They really should hit between 7 and 9 wins this season. That would be real improvement for once.

Remaining schedule:
vs Dolphins 50/50
@ Packers L
@ Broncos 50/50
vs Patriots 50/50
vs Bills L
@ Patriots 50/50
vs Bears W
@ Vikings L
@ Bills L
vs Lions 50/50
vs Jaguars 50/50
@ Seahawks 50/50
@ Dolphins L

If we continue to have good luck in close games we could get there, I think it's more likely we finish with 5-7 wins though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

mcmagic posted:

I wouldn't assume that just because the Pats have a lovely QB the Jets will beat them twice.... They just took the packers to OT on the road with those lovely QBs. Bill is still a warlock.

Unless the Jets are playing one of the top 5 QBs in the league you always say the other team has a lovely QB that they should definitely beat even if the guy is just an average at best QB who doesn't make mistakes.

Maybe Zappe ends up being better then expected. But Hoyer is absolute trash tier and might even be the worst backup QB in the league that has seen real playing time. The Jets should be able to beat any team starting Brian Hoyer in 2022.

I dont know what's wrong with the Packers, but Rodgers is weird, getting older and doesn't trust any of his WRs. They should have blown out the Pats.