Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Rarity posted:

We did the Octoberpath gag last year the state of this thread

I thought it seemed familiar but hey, the best puns always are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

well, I think we'll all be happy with this compromise

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Infinitum posted:

Does this mean Giantbomb will get more or less poo poo? :thunk:

it couldn't possibly get more poo poo

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

For the love of god someone save all the gamefaq guides

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
Gamefaqs, the last usable website, will now be covered in auto-playing video ads that scroll with you.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

All FAQs will be converted into NFTs

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

FirstAidKite posted:

Playing through oneshot for the first time.

I'm at what I assume is the ending.

Save the world or return home. gently caress you game. You wanna tell me I can't close out of the game during cutscenes, gently caress you I'm ending the process. Not playing by your dumbass rules.

Guess that's where I'm leaving it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TE9UWct3Om0

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

gently caress.

There's going be ads glaore all over the walkthroughs on gamefaq.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Also they will totally delete text faqs and force HTML so they can insert ads more easily.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Isn't Fandom a wiki or do I have that completely wrong? :psyduck:

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Jerusalem posted:

they're a site that hosts wikis

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

It is truly remarkable how committed Fandom is to making their wiki completely unusable in mobile browsers. The giant autoplaying videos that scroll with you are infuriating.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Now is the era of custom element blocking

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Jerusalem posted:

Fandom owns a lot of things now. Like:

Screen Junkies. A popular youtube channel.

Curse. A popular host site for mods and had their own completing wikis under the gamepedia brand.

Frantical. A Steam keyseller site.

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Metis of the Hallway posted:

im

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
powerful, authoritative brands

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/StardustUltima/status/1576517533712019458?t=aCosHVg_aQ2kmE5ygk4zEw&s=19

Almost literally curled up in a ball when I remembered that OW has an autistic character.

rox
Sep 7, 2016

lmao oh my god

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

oh, this is genuinely upsetting

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Craigslist loses yet another comrade in the Good Website camp

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Regy Rusty posted:

Your reaction made me curious so I looked up the game and I have a (fairly predictable) spoiler for you to read if you're interested.

The game is doing an Undertale and you should keep playing.

Yeah I figured. Just getting to that point from the start going on 5-6 hours and getting "hi, sorry but you need to choose whether to save the world or send niko home and no you can't close the window now" was enough for me for me to call it quits for the night. Not in the right headspace.

I was hoping ending the process was a solution too and I thought I'd gotten one up on the game since it didn't want me closing out at the choice, but that didn't work so I thought "nah gently caress this I'll do this later."

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/StardustUltima/status/1576517533712019458?t=aCosHVg_aQ2kmE5ygk4zEw&s=19

Almost literally curled up in a ball when I remembered that OW has an autistic character.

the video game equivalent of someone writing about how zatoichi's blindness is portrayed in battle as if it's a big diversity win

rox
Sep 7, 2016

love 2 stim by blowing people away

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Is this one of those things where people get outraged over some machine-written headline generated for maximum SEO.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I look up a walkthrough for a 25-year-old JRPG and the Invisible Hand tries to cram Best Buy deals down my throat

rox
Sep 7, 2016

im not outraged, i find it very funny

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I mean, it's not that. The article is literally an Overwatch dev talking about how they portray Symmetra's autism and it's Overwatch, so it's bad at it because they probably didn't talk to any autistic people. They have the diversity chart, you see.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

haha what posted:

im not outraged, i find it very funny

yeah it's hilarious, like they couldn't be worse at this if they made her get stunned for 5s whenever she sees a train

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Vermain posted:

yeah it's hilarious, like they couldn't be worse at this if they made her get stunned for 5s whenever she sees a train

lol

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Metis of the Hallway posted:

Sorry I sold the naming rights to Fandom

rox
Sep 7, 2016

where vg when we need him most u_u

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

This post has been sold to Fandom

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
It was a hostile sale, I had no input!

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
hearing Jeffrey has an announcement soon

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Sorry I sold the naming rights to Fandom

SNU getting that Full Gear VIP package

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Jimmy Wales continues his campaign to consolidate the entire internet into one giant wiki. It seems to be going quite well for him since he has friends with tons of money.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Rarity posted:

SNU getting that Full Gear VIP package

I'll be getting the VIP package for a lot of wrestling shows and F1 races with how much money I got, courtesy of Fandom dot Com and their fine portfolio of gaming wikis and websites such as GamesSpot, GameFaqs, whatever the name of that gamefaqs offsite was and GiantBomb.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Feels Villeneuve posted:

hearing Jeffrey has an announcement soon

Finally glad to see SA join the eBaums World family of sites

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

hows resetera doing post sale

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Hey, has anyone played Unexplored 2? I didn't realize it was out.