Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Tinykin actually is pretty great

I had a lot of fun with it. Really liked being tiny, reminded me of that old Rescue Rangers game where all the levels were in the house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

drat Grounded is actually really good.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

veni veni veni posted:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i played a lot of grounded before it was fully released and now i kinda am a little burned out on it tbh

gotta go back at some point

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I never bothered with it in EA but the only thing I'm having trouble grasping is what the ratio of straight forward ARPG and time wasting survival game it is. Not that I hate survival games or dislike those mechanics in Grounded but I hope I can play through it in a reasonable amount of time because I'm more into the fallout side of it than I am the crafting side of it, which is still fun enough, but I'm not spending 100 hours doing it.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
My memory from EA is there are a lot of ants and they want to kill you very very badly.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

As far as I can tell the ants are passive until you get close to an anthill currently. In which case they will gently caress you up.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

veni veni veni posted:

My cousin pinged me to play this together months ago, but since it was still in Game Preview mode, I declined. Now that it's actually "out", I checked in with him but now he's busy playing Gloomhaven with friends. Plus he says he's deathly afraid of spiders, which I guess are scary in this game?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Xbox handheld confirmed.

https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1576864249603067904

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

they do look pretty good, slightly bigger than a switch & way less chunky than a steam deck. I had considered the Odin Pro but I'll probably buy one of these instead to supersede having to clip a backbone onto my phone.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
I played Grounded for a bit but I might restart with passive enemies enabled or something. So far my experience has been "gigantic fuckin spider wanders into my base and spawn camps me until I quit the game" at like three separate locations. It's kind of killing my enjoyment because I can't get anything done and it's not scary, I'm just suddenly dead.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

These folks don't have the best track record, but this would be big if true.

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/halos-developer-is-reportedly-switching-to-unreal-engine/

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Who cares Halo is dead.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Halo's developers should be switched to being unemployed

Barudak
May 7, 2007

bushisms.txt posted:

These folks don't have the best track record, but this would be big if true.

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/halos-developer-is-reportedly-switching-to-unreal-engine/

Dont care until they switch developers

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I liked Halo Infinite

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Halo Infinite had potential and then they did jack poo poo with it, which is always the case with those guys.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Barudak posted:

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Halo Infinite was fun, but it was not infinitely fun as a 10 year platform for the future of Halo.

Was kinda more like “here’s Halo as it always was” which was fun for a couple weekends after I beat the campaign and then I went right the gently caress back to Warzone for my Shooter As A Living Platform Game.

Like, they didn’t do anything different, at all, from previous Halo multiplayer experiences. Maybe they had huge plans but they had to release before anything more than a battlepass was ready.

They should have just called it Halo 6.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Barudak posted:

I'm really hoping the Activision poo poo go through quicker so they can put iD and cod devs on them. Anything for fresh perspective.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I'd rather iD made good games like Doom.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Switching engines won't solve the problem that they forgot the service part of "Live Service"

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Lammasu posted:

Switching engines won't solve the problem that they forgot the service part of "Live Service"

The halo infinite battle pass was probably the saddest battle pass I've ever seen.. "Hey kids grind a couple dozen levels and you get slightly different shaped shoulder plate armor!" BPs suck but at least the CoD ones etc are kind of interesting with a variety of poo poo. This one was just sad.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

priznat posted:

The halo infinite battle pass was probably the saddest battle pass I've ever seen.. "Hey kids grind a couple dozen levels and you get slightly different shaped shoulder plate armor!" BPs suck but at least the CoD ones etc are kind of interesting with a variety of poo poo. This one was just sad.

This by itself wouldn't be bad if they didn't completely destroy customization by segmenting every piece. So then you're getting all these awards for armor types you don't care for. That future samurai poo poo looks awful. I don't know why they keep pumping it out.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

bushisms.txt posted:

This by itself wouldn't be bad if they didn't completely destroy customization by segmenting every piece. So then you're getting all these awards for armor types you don't care for. That future samurai poo poo looks awful. I don't know why they keep pumping it out.

Yeah the mix and match aspect was kind of interesting but at the same time it usually either looked stupid or just the same as any other spartan armor. It was a really dull set of possibilities when the most exciting thing ever was adding cat ears to the helmet

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Sywert of Thieves posted:

My cousin pinged me to play this together months ago, but since it was still in Game Preview mode, I declined. Now that it's actually "out", I checked in with him but now he's busy playing Gloomhaven with friends. Plus he says he's deathly afraid of spiders, which I guess are scary in this game?

There is an arachnophobia adjustable in the options that can turn them into torsos.

Insects have specific areas they wander during either the day or night, if you are getting rocked by spiders you are trying to build too close to wherever their nest is

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

veni veni veni posted:

I never bothered with it in EA but the only thing I'm having trouble grasping is what the ratio of straight forward ARPG and time wasting survival game it is. Not that I hate survival games or dislike those mechanics in Grounded but I hope I can play through it in a reasonable amount of time because I'm more into the fallout side of it than I am the crafting side of it, which is still fun enough, but I'm not spending 100 hours doing it.

There are a good number of different difficulty settings though I don't remember off the top of my head if one specifically eliminates food/water. There are passive/creative difficulty levels

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Chivalry 2 was just announced as coming to Game Pass... tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/XboxGamePass/status/1576984729341104134

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

The Kins posted:

Oh good, maybe with the new players I'll actually be able to get something done instead of getting my rear end kicked for the dozenth time by some guy moving and attacking in ways that shouldn't be physically possible

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Kins posted:

gently caress yes, i've been eyeing this game.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

The Kins posted:

Is this the one where you can just run around with a lute playin tunes? Because the videos of that fuckin rule

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

priznat posted:

I'm not even talking about the Battle Pass. This has literally been the most map anemic Halo ever made.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Lammasu posted:

I'm not even talking about the Battle Pass. This has literally been the most map anemic Halo ever made.

Yah, I mention battle pass because that's what the whole live service thing should be geared toward, getting people to drop cash on buying that but they couldn't even be hosed to make that interesting!

Battlefield 2042 has a somewhat interesting looking battlepass despite dripping out new maps at a horrible rate (god do not buy the battlefield battlepass!)

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Chiv 2 owns.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
I liked Chiv 2 when I tried it but it turns out the cross-play is for matchmaking only, not for partying, so I couldn't play with my friends and refunded it. I'd probably play it again if they add that, but on Googling it seems like they haven't?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Volte posted:

I liked Chiv 2 when I tried it but it turns out the cross-play is for matchmaking only, not for partying, so I couldn't play with my friends and refunded it. I'd probably play it again if they add that, but on Googling it seems like they haven't?

Jokes on you for having friends

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Volte posted:

They pushed cross platform parties to the winter update, which has already been pushed back 3 or 4 times I think.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

priznat posted:

Is this the one where you can just run around with a lute playin tunes? Because the videos of that fuckin rule

That's Mordhau

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

I was getting kind of annoyed by Moonscars but then I restarted and discovered one weird trick: don't bother with any of the lovely spells or curing Moonhunger and instead, save up all your bone dust and glands to buy the gems that give you health on parries and make you take like 50% damage from all sources. This makes the game about a hundred times less frustrating and easier to enjoy.

The Moon hunger mechanic is still dumb as hell though. It either punishes you for struggling to figure out the combat, even more so if you're dumb enough to spend precious glands trying to get rid of it when your very next death reapplies the affliction. On the other hand, once you get used to playing with it on there's no real reason to turn it off, EXCEPT that you quickly run out of poo poo to spend the extra bone dust on anyway. Just seems not well thought out at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

The thing I like about Chiv 2 is how sometimes a spearman will win a combat even though he has a 99% chance of losing