Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

CzarChasm posted:

I have to wonder, how do you go from a presumably 8 episode series down to a 2 hour movie? Also, aren't contracts different by design between TV and movies?

Cut out the B-stories, restructure the main narrative arc to a 3 act format, and add in a few expensive action scenes.

Done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
If you watched any of the Netflix Marvel shows it's easy to imagine how they could have been produced as a movie by shedding the ballast.

Plus, it'll probably be at least 2 hours 15 minutes.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Riri was going to play some part in Armor Wars, right? Maybe they’re expecting her debut in Wakanda Forever to be really well received and want to beef up the Armor Wars role and use it to co-lead a movie at the same time?

She was never announced to appear in Armor Wars, afaik, though obviously it'd make sense for her to be there and it's more likely than not that she will

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

She still has her own show coming too.

I'm sorta hoping we start seeing the rest of the Winter Guard start popping up. Ursa had a cameo in Black Widow and while I know people say Rourke's villain in Iron Man 2 was a combination of Whiplash and Crimson Dynamo, the only Crimson part was a bad accent so I think he could still be coming. Also lemme see Wizard, Unicorn, and Melter already.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I like how the premise of the Black Widow movie is that the Soviet Union was founded some time in the mid-1980s. It's a nice twist on the universe.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Black Widow is such a weirdly muted, uninteresting movie for a film that has a villain with a floating base of brainwashed assasins

It's like it couldn't decide what it wanted, Winter Soldier like type of grit or goofy Russian super heroics.

Like the villain power is just being middle aged and bossy lol

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The Villian of Black Widow is literally Harvey Weinstien.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

twistedmentat posted:

The Villian of Black Widow is literally Harvey Weinstien.

Yeah, it's not even remotely subtle.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

theironjef posted:

Eternals 2
That's certainly optimistic.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Patton Oswalt said it's happening back in August. He might have been wrong but who knows.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Apparently the Quantumania footage that was shown at D23 leaked online

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

FlamingLiberal posted:

Apparently the Quantumania footage that was shown at D23 leaked online

It's from the same person that leaked the Loki season 2 trailer, hah! :lol:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Alhazred posted:

That's certainly optimistic.

I mean regardless of what reviewers/this thread said, it still made a ton of money

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

With a 200m budget and 400m take it would have lost money at the box office.

400m with Covid still heavily affecting theaters and the bad reviews is solid though.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

https://youtu.be/_Z3QKkl1WyM
Check out Namor's ankle wings flapping

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
May as well fess up now: I can accept a guy shooting beams from the punch dimension, a wizard summoning anything he likes and rewinding time, a kid stick to walls, a fighter pilot smash through a spaceship, talking trees, Norse and Greek gods, space god robot people, and a couple of folks turn into rage monsters without a worry in the world but...

..Namor's ankle wings. That's where I draw the line, I have never been able to make head nor tail of that poo poo. It completely breaks my brain.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Namor ankle wings aren’t real, they can’t hurt you

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Sentinel Red posted:

May as well fess up now: I can accept a guy shooting beams from the punch dimension, a wizard summoning anything he likes and rewinding time, a kid stick to walls, a fighter pilot smash through a spaceship, talking trees, Norse and Greek gods, space god robot people, and a couple of folks turn into rage monsters without a worry in the world but...

..Namor's ankle wings. That's where I draw the line, I have never been able to make head nor tail of that poo poo. It completely breaks my brain.

Well you see they're actually just rudders that help him to navigate in the air and water.

Or I think that's what the stupid 90s Fantastic Four cartoon said. I don't know, I just know that I love my improbable hummingbird merman.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Cowards should have gone full silly and had them fly him around but flipping him upside down.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
He doesn't need them to fly. He just flaps them as a power move.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
The ankle wings rule. It made me excited for the movie.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Namor looks badass. Movie looks real good.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

howe_sam posted:

https://youtu.be/_Z3QKkl1WyM
Check out Namor's ankle wings flapping

It honestly seem like the took some footage from an unrelated Iron Man movie and put it in the trailer.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Alhazred posted:

It honestly seem like the took some footage from an unrelated Iron Man movie and put it in the trailer.

That's what happens when you introduce Iron Heart in your movie.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Yeah the one concern I have is, is Ironheart going to really fit into this plot which seems to primarily involve a conflict between Wakanda and Aztec Atlantis?

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

FlamingLiberal posted:

Yeah the one concern I have is, is Ironheart going to really fit into this plot which seems to primarily involve a conflict between Wakanda and Aztec Atlantis?

If it really is Ironheart and she hasn't been moved to (or was always only in Armor Wars), then maybe she's the recipient of some of that urban renewal/super-community center R&D money T'Challa promised at the end of BP? Continuing his legacy along different lines than just the heart-shaped herb and the suit?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

FlamingLiberal posted:

Better than Black Knight fit into Eternals I'm sure. But yeah she's helping out her friends, or its not a huge stretch to have her turn out to be Wakandan. She at least has an announced show and is supposed to be part of Armor Wars, so it's not going to be some hanging thread for who knows how long

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Admiralty Flag posted:

If it really is Ironheart and she hasn't been moved to (or was always only in Armor Wars), then maybe she's the recipient of some of that urban renewal/super-community center R&D money T'Challa promised at the end of BP? Continuing his legacy along different lines than just the heart-shaped herb and the suit?

It’s Riri. You even see the ironheart emblem/logo in the first trailer.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

I expect Riri to have similar screen time as Peter Parker in Civil War. Enough to get the character's gimmick and origin, plenty of action scenes, but not a major part of the central narrative.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

If you want to know a little about Riri's role according to leaks: she's pretty much the impetus for the big conflict in the movie. So she's definitely part of the narrative.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
God I don't want to love Shuri as the new Panther but that suit and that entrance is serving

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

I wish I could reignite my love for Letitia Wright because I think she's a really great and charming actress and comics Shuri has always been a great character and great alternate Black Panther. The character is a lot of fun in BP1.

I'd like to give her the benefit of the doubt and say that the retweeting of transphobic and antivax bullshit was just a really dumb choice she didn't think through and that she didn't apologize properly for, but she didn't necessarily write out a whole manifesto herself. Except since she's quit social media the past year it's hard to guess whether she has reconsidered her views or if she's dug in even further, which is what usually seems to happen with most people who feel they've been 'canceled.'

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Has she moved to Gab?

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

FlamingLiberal posted:

I think she'll be more naturally integrated into the plot than, say, Spider-Man was in Civil War, but I'm still not at all convinced that she actually belongs in this movie and isn't there mainly for cross-platform Disney+ synergy. Hopefully I'm wrong.

anyway, Secret Wars news:

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1576965532149985281

Makes sense given the previous MCU projects Waldron has worked on (Loki S1 and DS:MoM), but it's curious that Kang Dynasty and Secret Wars have their own directors and writers despite currently being scheduled to release only six months apart; when they were announced at SDCC, I and most people assumed they were a two-parter like Infinity War and Endgame. Wonder what the production schedule looks like.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

Ror posted:

I'd like to give her the benefit of the doubt and say that the retweeting of transphobic and antivax bullshit was just a really dumb choice she didn't think through and that she didn't apologize properly for, but she didn't necessarily write out a whole manifesto herself.
Had she tweeted transphobic things? I hadn't heard anything about that.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

BrianWilly posted:

From what I remember, the anti-vax video she posted also included some transphobic material, but she wasn't really acknowledging or talking about that herself. It seems like she was more focused on the anti-vax stuff, and that's why she was spreading the video.

Edit: Not meant as a defense, just that she at best doesn't think trans rights are worth talking about and at worst was cool and happy to spread the transphobic content as a bonus.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I can't believe the ankle wings are in, let's fuckin' go.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
They can always recast Shuri after this movie.

Does Don Cheadle have a sister?

Veotax
May 16, 2006

BrianWilly posted:

She retweeted some Christian nutjob's anti-vax video (I think the jist of it was that the Covid vaccine was made by the devil because it had some component in it that sounded like "Lucifer"), which had some transphobic stuff in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There's an enzyme called Luciferase involved in bioluminescence.

There was an antivaxx conspiracy theory for a while that it was being put in the covid vaccine to identify people who didn't have it.

Luciferase is of course called that because 'lucifer' means lightbearer.