Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
theres something to be said for calling people the thing they want to be called, but theres not a lot to be mad about in this case

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple on pizzadog derangement syndrome

Raluek posted:

theres something to be said for calling people the thing they want to be called

benedict, if youre reading this please DM me and we can work things out

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Progressive JPEG posted:

idgi, am i just too old or what

idgi it either

hm thats why

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
caught the end of rotj this week by accident, since when did they edit in rat-tail at the end

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

i havent seen a star war since the 90s and i got the palpitations joke because yall keep talking about it in the scifi thread so you have no excuse graph

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

don't write in the newspaper that i was mad about people making fun of smaugs actors name (??????)

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

graph posted:

caught the end of rotj this week by accident, since when did they edit in rat-tail at the end

when they did the first dvd remaster

mystes
May 31, 2006

Achmed Jones posted:

don't write in the newspaper that i was mad about people making fun of smaugs actors name (??????)
I completely forget that he did that. It still makes no sense to me.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

mystes posted:

I completely forget that he did that. It still makes no sense to me.

Easy paycheck to do voice acting in a major movie and nothing else?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

i think the only role ive seen him play is the final leftenant in 1917 which he did pretty well as i recall

other than that i dont have an oppinion

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
i bought a house last month. it has mosaic parquet flooring. i decided “i’m going to refinish it” and set to work. the bigass sander i rented from home depot sucked so i sanded around 205 sq feet of alternating little planks of wood with a 6” orbital sander or my drill with a sanding attachment. i finally got the stain down today after like 3-4 days of spending a lot of time sanding, repairing some damaged portions, and cleaning all the loving sawdust.

i spent most of today on my knees in kneepads either sanding, cleaning, or staining the floors. i tried to get on my knees to play with the dog and oh god it hurts. my forearms and hands are hosed too.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

How does the floor look

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
this was after sanding and cleaning was done. i taped up the baseboards with the hope they won’t get marked up too much by the stain. if they do no big deal i was thinking about painting them anyways. i didn’t remove them because the walls are 70 year plaster of some sort. i didn’t want to deal with potentially fixing the wall if some chunks came with them. it looks like that has happened before in a spot or two so gently caress the risk.

here’s after the stain:

its red oak stain. i have some polyurethane finish i’m going to start applying tomorrow.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

the russians rented a different sander

that looks rad though

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
i think the issue was not the sander so much as every little plank isn’t necessarily perfectly level and many are worn a bit so it couldn’t really get in the nooks and crannies of every board. i’d love to
have it for sanding the finish coats and buffing the final one, but for actually stripping and smoothing I had to do each by hand.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

my hat's off to you, i definitely would've given up and been like "fuuuuuuck that" and started saving to have a professional do it. and frankly it looks like a professional did do it to me, that looks great and i hope you're proud of it

ofc ms jones would've knocked me out of the way and gone in with a radio, a bottle of wine, and a crazy look in her eye and come out many hours later with something like what you did. what i'm sayin is, some people are good at stuff. i...am not really one of them

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Looks like a good posting room

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

PokeJoe posted:

Looks like a good posting room

i mean it's clearly already full of squares, what's one more

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

lmao

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
yeah that looks like a pro job. nice work

hope your knees and arms etc. feel better too, i had the same thing happen when i was cleaning up the other day and i ended up with some big rear end bruises lol

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple on pizzadog derangement syndrome

Mr. Nice! posted:

i think the issue was not the sander so much as every little plank isn’t necessarily perfectly level and many are worn a bit so it couldn’t really get in the nooks and crannies of every board. i’d love to
have it for sanding the finish coats and buffing the final one, but for actually stripping and smoothing I had to do each by hand.

i think the idea is that the floor sander takes every board down to perfectly level, you just gotta give it time. On old floors, esp ones that have gotten damp, they can warp a bit.

but you got it done and thats what counts, poo poo looks good

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

PokeJoe posted:

It's impossible to be racist against the British
ah so you think non-white people can’t be british, boy do i have the political party for you

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i can think of some ways to be racist against the british

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Mr. Nice! posted:

i bought a house last month. it has mosaic parquet flooring. i decided “i’m going to refinish it” and set to work. the bigass sander i rented from home depot sucked so i sanded around 205 sq feet of alternating little planks of wood with a 6” orbital sander or my drill with a sanding attachment. i finally got the stain down today after like 3-4 days of spending a lot of time sanding, repairing some damaged portions, and cleaning all the loving sawdust.

i spent most of today on my knees in kneepads either sanding, cleaning, or staining the floors. i tried to get on my knees to play with the dog and oh god it hurts. my forearms and hands are hosed too.

nice self own you dingus

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

my wife drove into our electric gate today. she knocked it off the rails and i thought it was bent but I he-maned it back on and now it works fine

i also spent the weekend shaving down a bunch of doors so they wouldn’t get caught in our pulse new carpet. with an electric planer that’s a satisfying job. it took me a while to perfect my technique but if i never need to shave 12 doors again I’ve got that on LOCK

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

part of what makes it fun to make fun of ol' bennys name is that it is a cool funny name. at least compared to my own incredibly mundane biblical 101 name.

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS
i threw out my back carrying a window ac down to the basement

love this crumbling body it’s the best

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
yolo

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Blinkz0rz posted:

i threw out my back carrying a window ac down to the basement

love this crumbling body it’s the best

my wrists and knees hurt so drat much. my back is generally ok, though, which honestly surprises me. i'm torn now whether i want to do a second coat of stain or just move on to finish.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Achmed Jones posted:

my hat's off to you, i definitely would've given up and been like "fuuuuuuck that" and started saving to have a professional do it. and frankly it looks like a professional did do it to me, that looks great and i hope you're proud of it

brushed on finishes like stains and painting are the diy tasks i do myself because you really just can’t pay someone to do it as carefully as you can on your own. sanding and refinishing baseboards, that kinda thing. but agreed, it looks real good.

for other diy stuff a plumber or electrician will absolutely do a better job than me in an hour than I can do in a day even if I can do it with google and youtube tutorials. i am competent enough to drain and run de-scaler thru the water heater every couple years tho.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

“this is not racism, it’s good actually” - PokeJoe
“emptyquote!” - Kenny Logins

mystes
May 31, 2006

jesus WEP posted:

“this is not racism, it’s good actually” - PokeJoe
“emptyquote!” - Kenny Logins
OP there's a reason Tolkien didn't include any black people in the original Star Wars books. Show some respect.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

it’s impossible to be racist against star war

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

why didnt george include any jewish people in any of the 6 star wars movies he made?

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

he did, his name was watto

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

if watto was jewish then lucas would have named him Dreidel Huknoz

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

YP-219 was canonicaly jewish, it’s in the novel Hochi Station Rebels by Dwight Rortugal.

(YP is on of the robots in the jawa scrap tractor where Kenoby buys R2-D2.)

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

The guy who helps the heroes land is named Lando

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
guy who doesn't like having relationships is named Solo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

The guy who got thrown out of a window is named Windu