Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's your fault anyway! Huey wouldn't have been forced to be such a poo poo if it weren't for you!

*I am shoved on a boat and pushed into the open ocean*

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

PunkBoy posted:

drat, I forgot how much of a poo poo Huey is in MGS V. I remember him being bad, but not as bad as I'm noticing now. It's actually quite incredible.

Yes! I haven't replayed it but what a piece of poo poo!

Waffleman_ posted:

It's your fault anyway! Huey wouldn't have been forced to be such a poo poo if it weren't for you!

Yes! I was going to post something similar. He never admits he did anything wrong, and blames you as you cast him off. Pretty weird after playing peace walker in which, I think, he's not that bad (apart from making a nuke-firing giant robot). At least Otacon is decent.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Waffleman_ posted:

I actually cracked up when he immediately blames Big Boss for getting everyone on Mother Base killed right when you first meet him. Buddy, that's probably not the best move to make!

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Huey might be the most accurate portrayal of narcissism in video games, in part because he’s such a weedy little poo poo that there’s nothing to get in the way of that narcissism. all he do is make bad robot and lie

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I’m glad he rolled his wheelchair into his pool, if he didn’t try to take Emma with him it’d be his one selfless act

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Huey sucks so much and Strangelove deserved to not be put with that awful little creep or be murdered by him.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
On a lighter note, I am enjoying my replay so far. The Quiet fight was a lot of fun. It takes place in a really neat arena and it got pretty intense to duck in between ruins to try to close the distance on her. I'm ready to be ashamed of my words and deeds.

I'm also using D Horse and D Dog more often and coming up with some fun tactics. Parking D Horse in the middle of the road is an easy way to get vehicles to stop and allow me to take our the driver and passengers. And D Dog's auto spotting is super helpful and he buys some extra time if I get spotted and can't land a shot in Reflex mode.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Huey's one selfless act was giving us Hal

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

I beat SUPERHOT, although I haven't done all the challenges and stuff. Apparently it only took me 90 minutes.

I was just complaining about THE PEDESTRIAN and how it only took me like 2.5 hours, and I felt ripped off, but really it's less about the hours-to-dollars ratio and more about it just never actually doing anything interesting with its mechanics. I do not feel that way about SUPERHOT, because SUPERHOT actually did something original with gameplay AND told me a really interesting cyberpunk story in that time. I might go back and do all the challenges and stuff, but it felt like a complete, new thing that only needed that much time to do what it needed to.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

Yeah I figured. Just getting to that point from the start going on 5-6 hours and getting "hi, sorry but you need to choose whether to save the world or send niko home and no you can't close the window now" was enough for me for me to call it quits for the night. Not in the right headspace.

I was hoping ending the process was a solution too and I thought I'd gotten one up on the game since it didn't want me closing out at the choice, but that didn't work so I thought "nah gently caress this I'll do this later."

the older freeware version of the game does just end there 😭

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
also genuinely bummed about gamefaqs getting sold, fandom is a blight

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

PunkBoy posted:

On a lighter note, I am enjoying my replay so far. The Quiet fight was a lot of fun. It takes place in a really neat arena and it got pretty intense to duck in between ruins to try to close the distance on her. I'm ready to be ashamed of my words and deeds.

I'm also using D Horse and D Dog more often and coming up with some fun tactics. Parking D Horse in the middle of the road is an easy way to get vehicles to stop and allow me to take our the driver and passengers. And D Dog's auto spotting is super helpful and he buys some extra time if I get spotted and can't land a shot in Reflex mode.

I just started my replay of MGSV yesterday after replaying the rest of the series (and actually playing Peace Walker for the first time which I loved). Story sucks but I just got D Dog and the game just keeps getting more fun the more tools you get so it's not a big deal. I'm definitely going to try and use D Horse more, I pretty much never used them past the very beginning of the game last time. I have the Infinite Heaven mod for when things get stale, too.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I still go to best buy, I like being able to go from wanting something to having it in hand in <60 minutes. even amazon still can't match that

Probably helps that I live in a very dense area so competition keeps them from getting too poo poo

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

the best buy near me closed :(

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/LawofTD/status/1576969516981964801?t=5aSWROFmm39mlDhZqP5tlw&s=19

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
i drink water

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

pouring out a 2 liter right now :pressf:

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I drink water mostly, but sometimes buy a chockolate milk for myself, as a treat

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I only drink gamer milk

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
GoW2:

I rode a reaver :black101:

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
you should limit your gilk intake

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Chocolate milk is a fan favorite, McDowell says, but the gaming community has its own language, so it’s referred to as choccy. She says they are also talking about cheese sticks and smoothies, anything that can boost gaming power, is portable and doesn’t mess up their play. The goal is to show how dairy products will boost online gaming performance, and the Dairy Checkoff is about to prove it.

rox
Sep 7, 2016

chekov's choccy

Henry Crustwheel
Jun 22, 2010

Those should be in separate boxes.
anyone ever made a cheese straw suited to milk consumption? for gaming, i mean

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

hatty posted:

my Gamestop has gotten worse, Walmart sucks, and I hate Amazon, so Best Buy is my go to for electronics and physical gamez

Best Buy is my preferred physical game seller, too. They have a lot of stuff.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Beyond Good and Evil 2 just became a world record holder. It's now the game to officially have the longest development period ever :confuoot:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/LawofTD/status/1576969904128815104

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
some gamers enjoying a nice tall glass of milk

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

is... is "milk" a company?

rox
Sep 7, 2016

haveblue posted:

some gamers enjoying a nice tall glass of milk

lol

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

yikes

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Kerrzhe posted:

There are boards of milk processors and dairy farmers, such as the Got Milk campaign

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uDQ8mTYUHQ

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Kerrzhe posted:

The sponsorship is from MilkPEP which is effectively an advertising collective co-owned by a bunch of different milk-producing agri megacorps from around the USA.

https://milkpep.org/about/ posted:

The Milk Processor Education Program (MilkPEP), Washington, D.C., is funded by the nation’s milk companies, and dedicated to educating consumers and increasing consumption of fluid milk. MilkPEP activities are led by a 20-member board and monitored by the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s (USDA) Agricultural Marketing Service.

MilkPEP’s robust campaign efforts aim to increase awareness for milk’s nutritional benefits and safeguard milk’s reputation against competitive claims and anti-milk messages that impact consumers’ purchasing decisions. MilkPEP’s groundbreaking programs include:

got milk?: The iconic ‘got milk?’ campaign is here for a new generation of milk drinkers, a generation that is digitally savvy, social-minded, curious and engaged. Leverage the power of ‘got milk?’ for your brand.

Agricultural collective ad boards are a pretty common thing, for example this british pork advert:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0wDjWOnHcY

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
The milk industry people are loving everywhere.

I like milk but it's a bit much

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
There's also the American beef ads which have the Aaron Copland music in it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oR1Vh3DfqM

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

in canada, at least, dairy is highly regulated by the canadian dairy commission (a crown corporation), which includes a marketing arm, although i believe the dairy farmers of canada do a lot of the heavy lifting marketing-wise

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I'm sorry, did you just say that King Charles is your ultimate authority on milk?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

External Organs posted:

I'm sorry, did you just say that King Charles is your ultimate authority on milk?

"crown corporation" is the funny canadian way of saying "government owned," although they're generally fairly arms-length and only responsible to a specific minister in parliament

technically speaking, the british monarch is still the head of canada's government and has the ability to nix any legislation parliament puts through, but they've never done this for obvious reasons