Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
Big announcement on today's Bennington Show, and no Gail isn't pregnant again. Vito is leaving the show with his last day being this Thursday. Vito's Mets baseball podcast got the attention of the NY Mets organization and they like what he and his co-host have been doing with it. The Mets have hired Vito as a producer to startup a podcast media division for the team. Pretty loving nuts, and good for Vito.

Meanwhile Black Earl couldn't get the job as Vibe Manager for the Hard Rock Hotel because he wasn't qualified... Earl, the first guy to ever be a "vibe manager" for the Hard Rock. Look out for an angry Chris this autumn as Earl fails to step up and successfully do any of the work Vito has been doing for Bennington.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Give Bobo a show on the Mets podcast network

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

JFC posted:

Big announcement on today's Bennington Show, and no Gail isn't pregnant again. Vito is leaving the show with his last day being this Thursday. Vito's Mets baseball podcast got the attention of the NY Mets organization and they like what he and his co-host have been doing with it. The Mets have hired Vito as a producer to startup a podcast media division for the team. Pretty loving nuts, and good for Vito.

Meanwhile Black Earl couldn't get the job as Vibe Manager for the Hard Rock Hotel because he wasn't qualified... Earl, the first guy to ever be a "vibe manager" for the Hard Rock. Look out for an angry Chris this autumn as Earl fails to step up and successfully do any of the work Vito has been doing for Bennington.

Is this the same Vito that got poo poo on by Fez when he couldn't stand up to Ron? If so, good for him.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Kevyn posted:

Give Bobo a show on the Mets podcast network

I ran into him at a Mets game once, and made the mistake of saying hi to him. His seat was right behind mine, and I spent the next three hours trying to avoid him.

Funny enough, our seats had this thing where there was a paper in the cup holder indicating I’d won a prize and where to claim it. I had to listen to a season ticket sales pitch to get it (it was a t-shirt), and Bobo also had one. The thought of trying to do a sales pitch on Bobo filled me with joy.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I haven't listened much since Fez left but I'm happy for Vito, he always seemed like a really good dude.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

TL posted:

I ran into him at a Mets game once, and made the mistake of saying hi to him. His seat was right behind mine, and I spent the next three hours trying to avoid him.

Funny enough, our seats had this thing where there was a paper in the cup holder indicating I’d won a prize and where to claim it. I had to listen to a season ticket sales pitch to get it (it was a t-shirt), and Bobo also had one. The thought of trying to do a sales pitch on Bobo filled me with joy.

I live in the Netherlands and I'd talk to Bobo all day. He's adorable.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

Vichan posted:

I live in the Netherlands and I'd talk to Bobo all day. He's adorable.

The only thing adorable about Bobo is the name "Mister Malloonaggins" for a Shnoodle, and I have a feeling he didn't come up with that.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
It's funny to me that everyone involved in o&a turned out to be thin skinned boomers to such a degree when the one genuinely positive thing I took away from listening to it for years was that it was okay to bomb/gently caress up and sometimes that's funnier than what you were going for. Everyone turned out to just be insanely prissy despite being able to do stuff like bring in old tapes and get slaughtered by their colleagues for hours as like a million people listen.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

You see, opie, jim, anthony and sam were like the 4 nations and patrice was like the avatar, whose charge was to keep them all in balance. One day he disappeared and

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

It's funny to me that Louis CK only talked about jerking off while locked in a small room with O&A

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."

Another Bill posted:

It's funny to me that Louis CK only talked about jerking off while locked in a small room with O&A

When the whole thing with Louis broke I remember just going yeah, doesn't everyone know he does that? He talked on air about calling help lines and jerking off to women's voices.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Fabricated posted:

It's funny to me that everyone involved in o&a turned out to be thin skinned boomers to such a degree when the one genuinely positive thing I took away from listening to it for years was that it was okay to bomb/gently caress up and sometimes that's funnier than what you were going for. Everyone turned out to just be insanely prissy despite being able to do stuff like bring in old tapes and get slaughtered by their colleagues for hours as like a million people listen.

You're telling me that people who get off on offending others sometimes turn out to be insecure babies?

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
the only O&A alum who ended up being good and doing no wrong is Jay Mohr, who just wants to press his entire rear end in a top hat against radio studio glass and do funny impersonations where you'd swear it was the real people

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

smarxist posted:

the only O&A alum who ended up being good and doing no wrong is Jay Mohr, who just wants to press his entire rear end in a top hat against radio studio glass and do funny impersonations where you'd swear it was the real people

Bert Kreischer would probably disagree with you. I'm pretty sure I remember Jay Mohr doing him dirty at some point.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

empty baggie posted:

Bert Kreischer would probably disagree with you. I'm pretty sure I remember Jay Mohr doing him dirty at some point.

Bert is such a windbag I have a hard time believing anything he says. Jay Mohr seems like a good boy for the most part, any beef he has with people has been minor stuff. I'll never forget when Jay couldn't stop laughing about Ron's "half-slice" joke while they had a celebrity in studio. Ron said it was the most painfully awkward thing he ever had to sit through, where Jay (and someone else I forget) were giggling in the background while the celeb awkwardly tries to promote their movie.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch

smarxist posted:

i still play his impression of Louis talking to Ricky gervais for people all the time

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
Has Colin ever really hosed up? I mean the guy is annoying but I don't remember any scandals and the guy did make me laugh. I remember liking Jim Breuer as well, that Pizza Man story is some CLASSIC O&A poo poo.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

TGG posted:

Has Colin ever really hosed up? I mean the guy is annoying but I don't remember any scandals and the guy did make me laugh. I remember liking Jim Breuer as well, that Pizza Man story is some CLASSIC O&A poo poo.

No way, Colin Quinn is a crystalized mass of comedic perfection. I can't wait until he gets famous after he dies.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
I used to watch Tough Crowd a lot and a girl I knew saw Colin Quinn at a NJ gas station. She called me because she was star-struck, about this guy she only knew because she saw me watch the show a lot. She gave Colin the phone and I said "I love your show" and he said "well bad news [name], they're cancelling it." Dude made me laugh in one line. She said he was wearing a fluffy pink top.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
He really knows how to call out both Corsican pimps and Tunisian knife fighters, which is a rare talent these days

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R07ijRHIdgM

Funny thing about Colin Quinn, Norm McDonald actually stole the moth joke from him according to Conan.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
Jay Mohr as Colin Quinn in Reservoir Dogs never fails to make me laugh

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Bob Kelly looks like something you’d buy in a Tibetan gift shop.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

empty baggie posted:

It had to do with Jay's story about going to a club with Tracy Morgan and smoking a cigarette dipped in PCP. That was actually Bert's story. Bert told it to Jay once and Jay gave him a bunch of tags to it and added the Tracy impression. When Bert said he couldn't tell it like that and couldn't do the impression. Jay asked if he could tell the story as his and Bert being a nobody at the time agreed, but felt like he was pressured into it. Once Jay did it on O&A and it got out that he bought the story from Bert, Bert got put on the spot and admitted he wasn't happy about the whole thing and Jay stopped doing it.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

If bert cant do the story or cant do the impression either then whats he mad about, let someone who can, grow up bert

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

TGG posted:

Has Colin ever really hosed up?

Two thirds of all cue cards on Weekend Update.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

beep by grandpa posted:

If bert cant do the story or cant do the impression either then whats he mad about, let someone who can, grow up bert

Jay tells it as if it happened to him is the issue. Bert has a lot of faults but not in this one. Jay used his status at the time to muscle him out of material.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

TGG posted:

Jim Breuer has gone on to do less than great things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CX9GzHdqviA

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Scratchman Apoo posted:

Literally no one predicted the Jim Breuer post-SNL arch of being the high guy who loves metal music then transforming into new age comedy for right wingers in a post-blue collar comedy era

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

T Bowl posted:

Literally no one predicted the Jim Breuer post-SNL arch of being the high guy who loves metal music then transforming into new age comedy for right wingers in a post-blue collar comedy era

and somehow not even the most surprising cast member of Half Baked to go reactionary trash

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Hey come on , Harland Williams isn't that bad!

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Jesus. Never heard about the time Ron accidentally roofied Gail, with good reason I guess.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/os-xpm-1995-07-01-9507010300-story.html

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
I'm pretty sure that was the inciting incident to Ron finally getting sober. He's said he stopped drinking first, thinking that was his problem, but kept doing drugs until he realized he needed to give it all up.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."

Scratchman Apoo posted:

Ah damnit! At a minimum he didn't deserve that Pizza Man poo poo ruining his life for awhile but I hate seeing such a brute change :(

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
the story of how vito got hired last week is so funny

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

lol

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Of course with Milo and Nick Fuentes. jfc

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
you either die a hero or live long enough to become a shocktober star

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

JFC posted:

I'm pretty sure that was the inciting incident to Ron finally getting sober. He's said he stopped drinking first, thinking that was his problem, but kept doing drugs until he realized he needed to give it all up.

Why did he have those in the first place? Are they used to get people high, or was Ron.....well, doing some really lovely things?

smarxist posted:

you either die a hero or live long enough to become a shocktober star

I think the saddest part is that he went into business for himself only to get 11th billing with a bunch of political nobodies who are circling the grift drain.

He probably should have just retired and found another gig elsewhere in radio and just ridden that to retirement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Wow