Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Don’t worry, Canada does still have the senate, the unelected political body that has actual, non-ceremonial legislative powers (just in case you were worried Canada was trending too democratic these past few centuries)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

This is going to be a cool page

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Milk is disgusting

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

This is going to be a cool page

sorry I ruined it

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Feels Villeneuve posted:

There's also the American beef ads which have the Aaron Copland music in it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oR1Vh3DfqM

I'm gonna give aaron copeland a wedgie

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

In Canada there were ads for both lamb and eggs on the tv last night. Just, for the concepts of those foods.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Did those people at the egg council get to you too??

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Are you guys wondering what you should have for dinner?

If so, I would recommend Beef™

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
i'm going to have loaded baked potatoes for dinner

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

The war of 1812 was a mistake, the mistake being that the US didn't annex the entirety of north America and free the Canadians from the menace of monarchy. God willing one day we'll return and rectify our mistakes.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Have French Canadians chilled out yet?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

They shouldn't until Quebec is independent

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Milk in America should be nearly free considering it's a by-product of the bloated beef industry. Also it's disgusting plain, but I occasionally like ice cream and chocolate milk.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Feldegast42 posted:

Are you guys wondering what you should have for dinner?

If so, I would recommend Beef™

I’ll eat it as soon as you tell me its location

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

hatty posted:

Have French Canadians chilled out yet?

They're partly French so probably not.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFIt8rckp7Q this is a pretty cool video that does a really neat deep dive into TitanFall 1 on the Xbox 360. A crap load of optimization was necessary, basically BluePoint studio's took over this port of the game, and redid the entire game over and changed just about every single part of the game engine and rendering.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

are there any good games about milk

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Hwurmp posted:

paging stux

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Relax Or DIE posted:

i'm going to have loaded baked potatoes for dinner

make sure to put lots of cheese on them
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrOl10sj2YE

sour cream too but i cant find a video

Walla posted:

Milk in America should be nearly free considering it's a by-product of the bloated beef industry. Also it's disgusting plain, but I occasionally like ice cream and chocolate milk.

It's not though, different breeds of cows are raised for milk vs beef (the most common breeds are Holstein for milk and Angus for beef).
The beef of an old milk cow is tough and low quality, and the male calves on a dairy farm are slaughtered for veal instead of going to the expense of raising a Holstein cow for beef.
The same thing happens with chickens raised for meat vs eggs except, the egg farms just toss the male chicks directly into a shredder as soon as they separate them from the females.

Mutton is (or was) a by-product of the wool industry though. As synthetic fabrics got more popular over the 20th century and less wool was grown, mutton consumption dropped off a cliff. Nowadays you pretty much never see it in America.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Oct 3, 2022

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Walla posted:

actually a tall, cold glass of milk is ftw

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Hwurmp posted:

A couple of the more memorable missions in Majora’s Mask are about milk

Henry Crustwheel
Jun 22, 2010

Those should be in separate boxes.
happy mooctober, xbox

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies
If anyone is looking for a tasty, healthy snack, may I suggest an incredible, edible egg?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The Milkman Conspiracy in psychonauts isn’t exactly about milk but it has milk in it

MarsPearl
Feb 19, 2021

Walla posted:

Only about a fifth of the beef in the US has anything to do with the dairy industry and its the stuff they stick in like, premade sloppy joe mix and stuff. One of the many hosed up results of intensive industrialised animal farming.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Hwurmp posted:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1392820/Milk_inside_a_bag_of_milk_inside_a_bag_of_milk/

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1604000/Milk_outside_a_bag_of_milk_outside_a_bag_of_milk/

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The October Chat Thread has been sold to Milk

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
I love dairy.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

e: what is that dreadful font

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
when i was a childe my mama took me to an autism doctor and he told me to stop drinking milk because the casein in it would make me more autistic
pretty sure that was pseudoscience but i still never drink milk outside of coffee/tea now, not really in the habit of it.
also i still have autism

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Hwurmp posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7xAi19R1cg

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Dear dairy,

I never thought it would happen toe me...

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

In Canada you can buy milk in bags. Most people don't, because it's hosed, but you can.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
A big glass of milk with like a cookie or piece of cake is the way to do it. Otherwise I drink oat milk, I still don't understand how they milk the oats though.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Looper posted:

the older freeware version of the game does just end there 😭

Lol, feeling vindicated now

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

It seems the answer is to abolish both beef and dairy.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

when i was a childe my mama took me to an autism doctor and he told me to stop drinking milk because the casein in it would make me more autistic
pretty sure that was pseudoscience but i still never drink milk outside of coffee/tea now, not really in the habit of it.
also i still have autism

Apparently acetaminophen (Tylenol) can make you autistic now? That's what the shady lawyer on the radio told me.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Wtf… you guys drink cow milk? What’s wrong with human milk?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Ask Ryan Davis

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Walla posted:

Apparently acetaminophen (Tylenol) can make you autistic now? That's what the shady lawyer on the radio told me.

there's was a big to-do last year after a review of research studies came out that supposedly linked acetaminophen intake during pregnancy to alterations in fetal development, although, as is usually the case, questions were raised as to how the review was conducted and how many actual big conclusions can be scientifically drawn from it

even if it were the case i doubt it would change recommendations much, because it's not like any other pain drug on the market has a better safety profile than acetaminophen, and telling pregnant mothers "just grin and bear it" isn't really a sustainable healthcare strategy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rox
Sep 7, 2016

also theres nothing wrogn with being autistic