Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
Wow, that's the first time I've ever seen a Kars-4-Kids commercial, despite hearing about it in every GDT forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

really queer Christmas posted:

rams are like the definition of a team undergoing a superbowl hangover

But it's usually the loser with the hangover! The winner is usually still good.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

rams are like the definition of a team undergoing a superbowl hangover

The Bengals would like to have a word with you.

Also somebody funnier than me can make a South Park joke.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

nikosoft posted:

Wow, that's the first time I've ever seen a Kars-4-Kids commercial, despite hearing about it in every GDT forever

Donate your Kar, today!

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Surprised they're not asking Steph about being a Panthers fan right now, just to see if he'd cry

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Grind this play down and even a field goal feels like an insurmountable lead.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Rams spent too much of the offseason smelling their own farts, they bad now.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Kalli posted:

Rams spent too much of the offseason smelling their own farts, they bad now.

Insha'allah

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's like "49" guys are playing on the field for that team

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

:fork:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Rams offense is just lacking that x factor that OBJ had and despite him being decidedly average Sony Michel did quite a bit to keep the chains moving last year.

Add in some offensive line woes and a worse pass rush without Von Miller and they've kind of gone from elite to a little middling. Makes for a bit of a boring output.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Android Apocalypse posted:

Which PDX bar? I could use some new dives to down some crap beer.

Satellite tavern, which is more sports bar than dive, though on the divey spectrum and pdx sports bars usually aren’t too terribly toxic relatively ofc. Would love some dive recommendations that play nfl games though—dive enthusiast in the NE still relatively new to this city, and a lot of the dives around me are more of the hip variety, rather than sad people drinking at 11am

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
KITTLE

EDIT: drat

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Not quite.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

49ers dedication to Wilson pounding the ball paying dividends

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Is there more dystopian capitalism than an anthropomorphic talking box demanding that you poo poo in him?

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Good eyes ref lol

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
That's unfortunate

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Ooof

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Is there more dystopian capitalism than an anthropomorphic talking box demanding that you poo poo in him?

Rather a lot of things, I should think.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Cowards

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

BlindSite posted:

Rams offense is just lacking that x factor that OBJ had and despite him being decidedly average Sony Michel did quite a bit to keep the chains moving last year.

Add in some offensive line woes and a worse pass rush without Von Miller and they've kind of gone from elite to a little middling. Makes for a bit of a boring output.
True, but the entire NFL is completely lopsided with preconceived notions vs reality.

It's hard to tell who is going to come out of this mess.

I mean, Philly ain't running the table, right? ... RIGHT?

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
ah balls he was out.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Hell yeah Steph asking QB questions

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

College Slice
The analytics certainly don't say Go For It, Joe...

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

go for it cowards

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Pontius Pilate posted:

Satellite tavern, which is more sports bar than dive, though on the divey spectrum and pdx sports bars usually aren’t too terribly toxic relatively ofc. Would love some dive recommendations that play nfl games though—dive enthusiast in the NE still relatively new to this city, and a lot of the dives around me are more of the hip variety, rather than sad people drinking at 11am
I'm in the Montavilla neighborhood so Tinker Tavern is one of the nearby sports bar, tho they're all about the Bills. :geno:

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

cowards

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Dango Bango posted:

Hell yeah Steph asking QB questions

Great question and good answer too

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Kyle Shanahan may win today, but he is a coward.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Kyle Shanahan may win today, but he is a coward.

:hmmyes:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

some time i'd like to see the referees all conspire and call a touchdown from the opposing side of the field. such as a rushing play for 3 yards starting at the offense's own 25 yard line, ending on their own 28 yard line, and being ruled a 'touchdown'. the challenge is ruled unsuccessful and both teams jog for many yards to set up for the point after try. and that's what i'd like to see if it was my birthday which is november 19th if you want to do something about it

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Robnoxious posted:

True, but the entire NFL is completely lopsided with preconceived notions vs reality.

It's hard to tell who is going to come out of this mess.

I mean, Philly ain't running the table, right? ... RIGHT?

Its really only the last 9 weeks that matter anyway but you can't discount a team like the Eagles because questions about how good Jalen Hurts actually is they've got incredibly effective line play and homefield matters.

I feel like we're just now hitting that time in the season where the good teams separate themselves so we'll see but the Rams definitely don't have that touch of class they did last season.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it looks like they don't have any saturday games that week. that's what day would be my birthday. so it would have to be one of the other games. maybe the steelers get a big touchdown from their own 28 yard line against the bengals that week on november 20.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

im sensing a long touchdown drive that ends in a missed 2 pt conv

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

BlindSite posted:

I feel like we're just now hitting that time in the season where the good teams separate themselves so we'll see but the Rams definitely don't have that touch of class they did last season.
Yup, the NFC and AFC West is just one big roulette wheel with the triple 0 space for extra crookery.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Pontius Pilate posted:

Would love some dive recommendations that play nfl games though—dive enthusiast in the NE still relatively new to this city, and a lot of the dives around me are more of the hip variety, rather than sad people drinking at 11am
I know of Claudia’s on Hawthorne

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I think the Rams are not good this year.

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

College Slice

im sensing a long touchdown drive that ends in a missed 2 pt conv

the game can't end until Jimmy G throws an inexplicable INT, he's due for about 1 a game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

PUNTER TACKLE