Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

I hope he's half right and he sat next to Tony seething the entire time while Tony was completely oblivious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

dave portnoy's brain is smaller than normal. his head is not wide or deep enough to fit the regular one. it's completely fine

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I made this to explain in full. the same depth is Of = to its width (Nothing wrong with it)

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1576993740513636353

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

https://twitter.com/stoolpresidente/status/1576994983995133953?t=L6kb5DI7YQyzMS3pujKBoQ&s=19

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
El Pres stays winning

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
Nick Khan loving over Barstool is good actually

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Stoolie Nation rides for Tony

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Barstool Sports love AEW. HHH in the mud

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

"Do you think I'm stupid!?" he shouts, at the wrong person.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Sorry womens division complainers. AEW, much like Saturdays, is for the boys

Cult of Pies
Oct 2, 2021

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Drakkel posted:

How long will this "But the CASUALS" meme last before they find some other bad faith argument to fall back to?

Once Adam Cole comes back, they can slide back into the old "Adam Cole is being buried" argument.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

xbilkis posted:

Sorry womens division complainers. AEW, much like Saturdays, is for the boys

Dudes rock, much like AEW does.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Had me at the first half of the first paragraph. They do run the same markets too often IMO.

King Bahamut
Nov 12, 2003
internet internet lama sabacthani
As an avid Deadspin reader at the time, it is useful to remember Portnoy himself got Van Talk cancelled, because people were already uncomfortable with the ESPN-Barstool relationship and he went out to say something typically horrific the week it was being scrutinized

Also one “lol” for Erica Nardini, whose entire job first at Barstool and now additionally on the WWE board is serving as a human shield for Dave every time he wants to go humiliate the both of them

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Erika isn't on the WWE board anymore

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

MJeff posted:

He unambiguously has significant crossover appeal while still being a really loving good traditional professional wrestler that is also over with professional wrestling fans. This is purely anecdotal, but I've seen OC come up in my non wrestling circles and literally referred to as "the only wrestler that matters". What's significantly less anecdotal is all the times he's done very well in the ratings, which is more often than not! The dude is over, the evidence that he moves business is all out there in the open and people who are still pushing against him three years later and are pretending it's for any reason other than them personally not liking him are shmucks.

Yeah, my sister asked me out of the blue about him because she'd seen some gifs of him and thought it was really cool and fun.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/1577115120659898368

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

edit: nvm, i don't really care

luchadornado fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Oct 4, 2022

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Fish Of Doom posted:

Once Adam Cole comes back, they can slide back into the old "Adam Cole is being buried" argument.

Can't wait for the eventual Hegelian synthesis of bad Cole takes where it becomes some poo poo like "Tiny Con is trying to bury Adam Cole but he's too fat to fit in the figurative coffin and that's why he was in another main event"

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

:thunk:

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Hugh Keays Byrne to debut on Friday, confirmed.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Lamuella posted:

Hugh Keays Byrne to debut on Friday, confirmed.

I have some bad news for you about that ...

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

I know subtext can be lost on some people but this isn't even subtext, it's just... text. The film starts by telling you the answer to that question, and continues to elaborate throughout its runtime.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

"AEW needs to explain who these people are! WHO THE HELL IS THIS GREAT MUTA GUY??? Casuals are probably so confused right now!" I scream as I go frame-by-frame through Fury Road looking for the next hint to a WWE ARG I've already declared to be the greatest piece of fiction ever devised.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
If I am forced to read The Holzerman's dumb bullshit you are too!

https://tholzerman.substack.com/p/antonio-inoki-a-real-one

quote:

Obviously, the Ali fight was a publicity stunt, one that flustered the heavyweight champion of the world but one that explored the boundaries of shoot fighting. The UFC and other companies would not exist today if not for Inoki taking a shot on doing an invasion angle2 with Nobuhiko Takada’s UWFi, a shoot-style promotion that fuzzed the boundaries between work and shoot enough to create the last layer of kayfabe before the guys actually started hitting each other. Shoot-style gave rise to the first MMA promotions, and Japanese MMA was the most influential strain on the modern sport as it is. Yeah, everyone loved dad-bod Dan Severn and crazy-eyed Ken Shamrock, but their gonzo, “illegal pit fighting” ethos died out quickly with the polished fighters inspired through Inoki’s cultivation of something more real, a different edge on pro wrestling.

(UFC was founded 2 years before the invasion. Pancrase before that. And he specifically means the feud that inspired the nWo, he says so in a footnote.)

quote:

He was a capitalist, sure, but he never lost sight of what can keep a man from losing himself in it.

New Japan almost fell apart due to his embezzlement in the 80s and he lost his first political career due to his corruption!

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://twitter.com/thelouisdangoor/status/1577324930215051265?s=46&t=5sQpSSaXSzYScfPsNQQLPg

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

MassRafTer posted:

(UFC was founded 2 years before the invasion. Pancrase before that. And he specifically means the feud that inspired the nWo, he says so in a footnote.)

It's extra grating to read so many people trying to say this poo poo because you don't even need to lie about it to talk about the subject! There are plenty of reasons Inoki is important to the legacy of mixed martial arts! You probably don't have Shooto if Inoki doesn't exist and it predates all of them but that's less sexy than saying "the UFC" so no one cares!

CarlCX fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Oct 5, 2022

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

CarlCX posted:

It's extra grating to read so many people trying to say this poo poo because you don't even need to lie about it to talk about the subject! There are plenty of reasons Inoki is important to the legacy of mixed martial arts! You probably don't have Shooto if Inoki doesn't exist and it predates all of them but that's less sexy than saying "the UFC" so no one cares!

It's kind of amazing to be take the truth (Inoki being a major part of the evolution of MMA) and just get it so wrong.

Back to wrestling, The Snob is forsaking MLW :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkICXzpXuUU

He can't stop talking about how MLW didn't let Joey Ryan do the penis stuff.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

New Japan almost fell apart due to his embezzlement in the 80s and he lost his first political career due to his corruption!

Yeah its kinda of amazing that while everyone knows of Inoki almost destroying New Japan in the 00's few in the English speaking world know how close he came to doing it in the 80's. Heck I didn't know that first UWF and Choshu's exit in the 80's had a lot to do with Inoki embezzling funds.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MassRafTer posted:

It's kind of amazing to be take the truth (Inoki being a major part of the evolution of MMA) and just get it so wrong.

Back to wrestling, The Snob is forsaking MLW :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkICXzpXuUU

He can't stop talking about how MLW didn't let Joey Ryan do the penis stuff.

This video is amazing. You need to watch it. It's so good I made gifs.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

This video is amazing. You need to watch it. It's so good I made gifs.

I honestly feel that without MLW this guy is a danger to society. I desperately want to know what happened in the obvious cut after he starts talking about MLW's viewership numbers on Vice.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

If I am forced to read The Holzerman's dumb bullshit you are too!

https://tholzerman.substack.com/p/antonio-inoki-a-real-one

i dont think anyone is actually forcing you to read his stuff

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

I honestly feel that without MLW this guy is a danger to society. I desperately want to know what happened in the obvious cut after he starts talking about MLW's viewership numbers on Vice.

https://twitter.com/ALeavelle/status/1577549129835843585?t=smWvBL4f4N4sDEVwwkn3Rw&s=19

NOAH might be next to fall. Then he'll have nothing

E: lmao

https://twitter.com/ALeavelle/status/1577321263659352069?t=Uru6fHEg1l0VzqhwIFV_SQ&s=19

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

"Wrestling needs to be serious so other men that I've imagined won't think I'm a dork for liking it"

Just going to mention that the Bolton Wanderers are an English football team, formerly in the Premier League.

So the "Premier League Avatar" rule kinda still holds here.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

KungFu Grip posted:

i dont think anyone is actually forcing you to read his stuff

I'll let you figure out a term to describe waking up to DMs of screenshots to his horrible writing.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I watched Wrestling Done Right too late last night and had a nightmare that he showed up to my house, so thanks for nothing MRT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

flashy_mcflash posted:

I watched Wrestling Done Right too late last night and had a nightmare that he showed up to my house, so thanks for nothing MRT

What did he blow his nose on?