Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

outbreak ruled jim ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Kongming posted:

I played Outbreak 2 with some imps and In Training streamed it but unfortunately he deleted the VOD where I go ham on a boss with a fire axe because his mic picked up his mom talking to him about a Sting concert.

lmao

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

trying to decide on scary games for october. thinking Alan Wake, Amnesia, Dead Space, Evil Within/Evil Within 2, Outlast/Outlast 2,SOMA, maybe check out some of this weird games in my steam library like Darklight? i havent been able to game much but my steam deck came and even tho Vampire Survivors has some halloween elements it isn't a scary game.

oh and i want to check this out too https://store.steampowered.com/app/698670/Scorn/

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

skip evil within 1 and go straight to 2 because evil within 1 isnt very fun to play imo

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

I like Evil Within 1. Gonna play both of 'em

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Playing RE3 remake and it's OK. I am really bad at avoiding Nemesis, not sure what I'm supposed to do when he jumps into the road five feet away from me repeatedly, completely blocking my path, and immediately starts throwing haymakers

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

you should dodge the attacks

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I hid in a toy shop and the oval office just stood here watching me like an impatient dad waiting for me to pick a toy so he could pay and go home

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I hid in a toy shop and the oval office just stood here watching me like an impatient dad waiting for me to pick a toy so he could pay and go home

“Does that need batteries?”

“…”

“Put it back”

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I got the tude now posted:

“…”

“Put it back”

Lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

“…”

“Put it back”

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

“…”

“Put it back”

lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

“…”

“Put it back”

lol

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

“…”

“Put it back”

Uncle Frank
May 28, 2021

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Lol

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

FEAR Platinum is $1.49 on GOG so I'm finally giving that a go. I can only play for ~30m at a time before the motion sickness kicks in but it's cool. The game uses light/lighting/shadows really well.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Does the switch have any good spooky games?

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

It's such a fun detail that if you duck in there he just stands outside and watches you like yeah. I got nowhere I need to be

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Len posted:

it has amnesia, outlast and resident evil

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Len posted:

Darkwood is much better than it looks for a top down indie horror. Resident Evil and Fatal Frame are both classics and the Alien: Isolation port is surprisingly good

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

this game loving sucks chodes. Just past the Nemesis fight in the clock tower courtyard and it's basically a Dark Souls bossfight that was dropped on its head as a child and because it's all in the RE Engine with its signature Weird Lumpy Human faces it keeps making me want to play a competent action game like DMC5 or Rise. Currently my minimap is telling me that no matter where I scroll I am on First Aid Spray, which isn't here. I think it believes that's my name?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

*dsp voice* its a puzzle boss

16-bit Butt-Head fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Oct 8, 2022

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Len posted:

https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/hello-neighbor-switch/

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Does Omori count as a spooky game? I seent it in my library and might finally start it

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Does Omori count as a spooky game? I seent it in my library and might finally start it

There's spooky parts. I'll count it.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Mimics in prey are soo good at keeping you on edge

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

arkane prey is so ftw

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

arkane prey is so ftw

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

Mimics in prey are soo good at keeping you on edge

They’re such a fun twist. Doing a double-take when you notice a mechanic’s body has two wrenches next to his hand or whatever is always such a thrill lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

They’re such a fun twist. Doing a double-take when you notice a mechanic’s body has two wrenches next to his hand or whatever is always such a thrill lol

going around a corner nd coming back and theres two coffee cups where there used to be one :eonwe:

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

pretty spooky

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Fungah! posted:

arkane prey is so ftw

its good

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

walking into a large conference room and seeing an odd number of chairs :negative:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Cheers to the OP.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Prey is great and mimics are cool but IMO they are lacking in personality when compared to The Many/Xerxes/SHODAN.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

bees x1000 posted:

Prey is great and mimics are cool but IMO they are lacking in personality when compared to The Many/Xerxes/SHODAN.

of course they don't have a personality. they're mimics. how would that work.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Wormskull posted:

Cheers to the OP.

:beerpal:

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

some plague rats posted:

of course they don't have a personality. they're mimics. how would that work.

Yeah I get why they are the way they are, I just prefer some aspects of System Shock's antagonists.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The mimics themselves are fine but the typhon as a whole are kind of boring blob enemies. They do the job but are never really that interesting or fun to fight. Still a great game though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

the recycler grenades are one of my all time favorite video game weapons