Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Walla posted:

If that's fun for you, go for it! I'm looking forward to the new Fire Emblem myself. It's going to be a nice birthday present. :)

Fun, hmm, it's more of a comfort blanket. Fun would be finally playing bayonetta 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Barudak posted:

You don't have a mobile device or computer capable of streaming video (or are you in a market without that service still?)

Tbf I would rather not play something than try to stream it

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Depends where you are, but 90% of streaming gaming in my experience sucks

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
The only experience I have is finally being able to play Tokyo Jungle with a ps now free trial and immediately cancelling it after I was done lol

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Barudak posted:

You don't have a mobile device or computer capable of streaming video (or are you in a market without that service still?)

gently caress son I ain't about to play streaming video games just to save a few bucks

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

That Asterigos game looks pretty cool too, I guess companies are now obligated to release one cutesy Pixar action-adventure game that's surprisingly hard per year.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Anyway the whole conversation is irrelevant since I'm only waiting on plague tale cause I don't have time for it right now and there's at least 2 other games coming out in October that I want more.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Barudak posted:

Depends where you are, but 90% of streaming gaming in my experience sucks

The thing about streaming is you need such a beefy line to actually stream games that you can pretty much only use it at home, on your computer or tv using a wired connection, at which point you might as well use your pc or console.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1577255793975590913?s=20&t=2A0dgsfOOyoFeX7c4b-EpQ

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Well the good news is theres no way the original plot remains intact

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Stux posted:

play mania wtf

this

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1577297501408968706?s=20&t=2A0dgsfOOyoFeX7c4b-EpQ

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

https://youtu.be/RKJur8wpfYM

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Tune in at 10/07 1:05 EST as well for the announcement of a 12 month delay while they rerecord all of Chris Pratt's dialogue

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

but what if they show silksong

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Feels Villeneuve posted:

silksong the movie starring chris pratt maybe

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Feels Villeneuve posted:

silksong was cancelled 18 months ago

rox
Sep 7, 2016

if you like either of these two, this will be fun at least

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Mario will play Silksong in the movie like a modern day “The Wizard”

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/Toadsanime/status/1577278754988097539?s=20&t=2A0dgsfOOyoFeX7c4b-EpQ

Happy Overwatch 2 launch day

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Genuine question, no snark:

Which console has better availability, ps5 or the steam deck?

I'm out of the loop on both of these, but the vibe I've had on both is that the PS5's resale grifting didn't help the initial supply, while steam decks are trickling through there's a sense that they're coming out slow but steady.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I feel like the Steam Deck is easier to buy, but it would take longer for you to actually get it after that, whereas if you buy a PS5 in the small window it's available, you'd just have a normal shipping time to wait through.

So a land of contrasts.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1577318192963264512?s=20&t=2A0dgsfOOyoFeX7c4b-EpQ

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Isnt this massively illegal?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

that's too many games idiots

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

I said come in! posted:

it is but only because they got caught

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

I said come in! posted:

yes, which is why the NLRB (the body in charge of figuring out if you've violated labor law) is announcing it as the result of an investigation

nordichammer
Oct 11, 2013
Is there a site that aggregates games that have bonus story stuff if you beat them on higher difficulty? I'm at the point where I just want to easy mode through games for the experience, but I don't want to miss story stuff. LISA and Kingdom Hearts are two examples.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/PlatanoRanger/status/1577321440835166213

Jesus Christ 6 years to release a trilogy of Witcher 3-sized RPGs?!

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

You raised my hopes and dashed them quite expertly, bravo sir!

Please don't gently caress up the Witcher. TIA CDPR.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

If memory serves, CDPR knows a thing or two about deadlines

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
are they actually insane? barely got cyberpunk out the door but sure 3 games in six years np

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

You're all forgetting it's while also doing Cyberpunk DLC, a sequel and a new project as well.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

It's hypothetically possible if they get multiple teams up and running and also the games are much more similar to one another than the three Witcher games, like if they're all built on the same basic framework like the three Assassin's Creed Ezio games or something it could happen.

But it seems pretty unlikely

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Maybe they're gonna reuse a bunch of witcher 3 assets. I hope they do tbh

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Ah you think crunch is your ally? You merely adopted the crunch. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see a two day weekend until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but a distraction!

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
with tons of patches cyberpunk works better but is still largely dull, broken up by mediocre facsimiles of deus ex missions. the Witcher 3 is good but traditionally a lot of it's problems(often pointless open world and combat that gets olds well before the game is over) get glossed over. I don't have a lot of faith they can handle even one more giant open world rpg much less several.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

MMF Freeway posted:

Maybe they're gonna reuse a bunch of witcher 3 assets. I hope they do tbh

The trilogy is a total reskin of mass effect

This is my favorite store in Novgorod!

Witcher.
Wrex.
Witcher.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Yeah wrex is in it okay, gently caress you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

The six-year period only "begins" when the first game in this new trilogy is out based on how they phrase it, so it's more like 9-10 years for all three games. Plus they're planning them all in advance, so once the first part is out they'll probably already have the other two in some form of pre-production and (hopefully) won't have to reinvent content production pipelines and technology each time. At least, that's what I assume is the plan here. Still, this is some large scale stuff they're talking about (plus they're working with Epic).

The next game has no date yet, so it is far, far away from being finished.