Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
It should be legal to confiscate and re-home Miatas from domestic terrorists

https://twitter.com/davramdavram/status/1576048130079924224

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

If nothing else she should be pulled over for not being to see out of the glass in that car, holy gently caress.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

mobby_6kl posted:

It should be legal to confiscate and re-home Miatas from domestic terrorists

https://twitter.com/davramdavram/status/1576048130079924224

last night i saw an ND1 with bondo aero and a bondo spoiler and i wanted to cry.

no pic, because i'm slow

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Saw this earlier and genuinely couldn't see what was up. I've only just learned it's an Alfa Romeo and not a Mazda. Couldn't tell because these shits all look the same.

https://twitter.com/thealso/status/1576113571276410881?t=OUNvXdcFHWM2sb6cq22m9g&s=19

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

I assume Carvana rebadged it as a Mazda to increase its resale value?

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
It’s not a CX-5?

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Scratch Monkey posted:

It’s not a CX-5?

nope, the Mazda Soul Red paint is subtly different

oh god how do i know this

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Scratch Monkey posted:

It’s not a CX-5?

I mean I certainly couldn't tell by looking at it, I was just going by Olympic Mathlete's post. All crossovers look the same to me.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Disgruntled Bovine posted:

I mean I certainly couldn't tell by looking at it, I was just going by Olympic Mathlete's post. All crossovers look the same to me.

The taillights plus the crease over the license plate are an Alfa Stelvio.

Alfa

Mazda

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Someone who parks in my office's garage drives a Stelvio. I'm sure it's fine for what it is but I keep wondering why someone in the US would go through the trouble of acquiring an Alfa Romeo but get an SUV. Seems like the reliability issues and extra difficulty of service and parts wouldn't be offset by being cool or impressive. Anyone who knows enough to even notice your car is unusual somehow would just be disappointed.

norton I
May 1, 2008

His Imperial Majesty Emperor Norton I

Emperor of these United States

Protector of Mexico
the other angle:

https://twitter.com/thealso/status/1576126130041806848

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Imagined posted:

Someone who parks in my office's garage drives a Stelvio. I'm sure it's fine for what it is but I keep wondering why someone in the US would go through the trouble of acquiring an Alfa Romeo but get an SUV.

same mindset as the people with money for a maserati who buy a maserati.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Sagebrush posted:

same mindset as the people with money for a maserati who buy a maserati.

cheap(er) way to get a ferrari motor?

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

Raluek posted:

or a way to get ferrari running costs without ferrari badges

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Raluek posted:

i think it's more "i don't care about cars at all, but whatever i get has to be super expensive"

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

i think it's more "i don't care about cars at all, but whatever i get has to be super expensive"

Or you just want something that goes 185 because life has been good.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Seems like a dumb wish but :shrug:

Not really a fan of this little screen in a sea of piano gloss plastic thing the new Astra has going on.

I get that it's a cheapish car (~30k) but this is similarly priced

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

mobby_6kl posted:

Not really a fan of this little screen in a sea of piano gloss plastic thing the new Astra has going on.

WTF GM?

I'm not a fan of aftermarket dash kits. But that is screaming for an aftermarket dash kit.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

nope, the Mazda Soul Red paint is subtly different

oh god how do i know this

Mazda Soul Red is legitimately one of, if not absolutely the best factory color(s) available on a new car at any price, imo.

Too bad it comes on a Mazda :v:

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk

STR posted:

WTF GM?

I'm not a fan of aftermarket dash kits. But that is screaming for an aftermarket dash kit.

Opel isn't GM anymore. Blame the French.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
Yeah not sure the Peugeot equivalent is much better

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

What's hilarious to me is that when i was younger, i wanted to install a carputer in my vehicle with a few screens.

Now everything comes with screens, and all i want is analog gauges and buttons with a clunk.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Midjack posted:

...so far

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Sagebrush posted:

I've just about made my peace with this. When the world we live in is one where Lamborghini, Ferrari, Porsche, Maserati, Bentley, and Rolls-Royce all make SUVs and the primary shape in most people's mind for a "car" is an SUV, I have to acknowledge that I just don't need to keep caring anymore and maybe I can reclaim that slice of my brain cells for some other hobby before it's too late.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Lmao

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Raluek posted:

Maserati V8s are technically Ferrari castings but they've got cross plane cranks

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

dissss posted:

Yeah not sure the Peugeot equivalent is much better

At least it doesn't have the huge glossy bezels, but yeah still pretty bad.

Powershift posted:

What's hilarious to me is that when i was younger, i wanted to install a carputer in my vehicle with a few screens.

Now everything comes with screens, and all i want is analog gauges and buttons with a clunk.

I first hacked in an old tablet and then got an aliexpress double DIN Android stereo for my miata and I'm actually pretty happy. Just plays music over BT but can do navigation, TPMS, or Torque if necessary. Easily reachable but not in the way. Still nice buttons for anything actually important.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

mobby_6kl posted:

Really like how the shift knob is a big piano black block.

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

mobby_6kl posted:

Mazda sure has for a while had the best interiors for their price point. They also have the physical control knob instead of relying only on the touch screen.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

lol

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Midjack posted:

I see what you did there.

:hmmyes:

mobby_6kl posted:

You don't see what they did there.

quote:

Bleh. I don't car for the iPad sticking out of the top of the dash on the Mazda, but it still looks infinitely better (and more expensive.)

mobby_6kl posted:

At least it doesn't have the huge glossy bezels, but yeah still pretty bad.

I first hacked in an old tablet and then got an aliexpress double DIN Android stereo for my miata and I'm actually pretty happy. Just plays music over BT but can do navigation, TPMS, or Torque if necessary. Easily reachable but not in the way. Still nice buttons for anything actually important.

Phones and CarPlay/Android Auto have made the carputer thing largely irrellevant. Not totally - there's still some call for custom stuff or things you can't get an app for (especially on iOS, because Apple,) but now you can just either use a RaspPi or Arduino or something and a 7" touch screen made for the radio hole, or write the app and sideload it onto an Android-based head unit. At least for cars with normal-sized radio holes, I guess. More and more that's a rare thing itself.

edit:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Darchangel posted:

I see what you did there.

:hmmyes:

You don't see what they did there.
No idea, what did they do there?

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

It's a reference. the highest form of humor, I believe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8p6FBYlhHc&t=115s

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

fridge corn posted:

Maserati V8s are technically Ferrari castings but they've got cross plane cranks

no wonder they sound so good

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

...... honestly this one is all right...

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Terrible car driving... how do you even get yourself into this predicament?

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
backing using only the 3" lcd camera the LT model provides in its sea of plastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

casque
Mar 17, 2009

meatpimp posted:

Terrible car driving... how do you even get yourself into this predicament?

Real men back it in.