Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Kiimo be sure to take a drink every time they say family.

RIP Kiimo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

GdT's horror anthology has finally got a trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3E1URhCR60

Looks fun, though it seems like the rumored Boot Riley collab episode didn't materialize.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Picturing kiimo in the Clockwork Orange machine

Every time someone mentions family, he gets nauseous

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Kiimo be sure to take a drink every time they say family.

goodbye, cruel world

also holy poo poo the knock at the cabin trailer already has like 80m impressions.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

kiimo posted:

goodbye, cruel world

also holy poo poo the knock at the cabin trailer already has like 80m impressions.

You doing any work for Violent Night?

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I love all the shots that are clearly Panos Cosmatos' episode and then everything else looks like underlit Mike Flannagan-y Netflix horror.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Dillbag posted:

You doing any work for Violent Night?

Yeah I'm on Halloween Ends, Violent Night, M3GAN, Knock at the Cabin, Untitled Super Mario Project, Fast X, The Last Voyage of the Demeter and...six more films I'm not sure I should be mentioning by name.

A lot of horror type films (new guy gets the horror films a lot) but sure beats working on Raising Kanan Season 2.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

kiimo posted:

goodbye, cruel world

gently caress impressions I hate them

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

caligulamprey posted:

I love all the shots that are clearly Panos Cosmatos' episode and then everything else looks like underlit Mike Flannagan-y Netflix horror.

the David Prior episode is gonna be the highlight, bet on it

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Where should I go to discuss the Borderlands movie and the insane casting choices.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

kiimo posted:

Where should I go to discuss the Borderlands movie and the insane casting choices.

Here please gimme the dirt

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

kiimo posted:

Right in my dm’s homie

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

kiimo posted:

God, I love those games but a movie sounds utterly insufferable

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Cate Blanchett as a 52 year old siren. Kevin Hart as Rowland?? Jack Black as Claptrap?? I get that Tannis is kind of older but Jamie Lee Curtis is in her 60s. Gina Gershon as Moxxi. Okay so just everyone in this movie is hella old? I mean...I'm old but still. Weird.

The Canadian guy from 30 Rock plays Jakobs though and drat that's perfect.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

kiimo posted:

Cate Blanchett as a 52 year old siren. Kevin Hart as Rowland?? Jack Black as Claptrap?? I get that Tannis is kind of older but Jamie Lee Curtis is in her 60s. Gina Gershon as Moxxi. Okay so just everyone in this movie is hella old? I mean...I'm old but still. Weird.

I mean I can work with most those, but wtf Kevin Hart

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I play Borderlands nonstop with the sound on mute while I blast tunes, the idea that there's even a plot to any of them is incomprehensible to me, I'm just here to shoot things.

But I'm not gonna lie, I'm super hyped to see how much of a mess the movie's gonna be.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
best way to play Borderlands is on mute, it's not even that the plot is incomprehensible, it (and the dialogue and sense of humor) are all just incredibly obnoxious

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

kiimo posted:

I heard Roth has pretty much nothing to do with it any more and everyone's just spinning wheels waiting for reshoots.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

The one fear I have about the Borderlands movie is they're gonna take away all the good Queer poo poo they've managed to shove into that series.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Dillbag posted:

I heard Roth has pretty much nothing to do with it any more and everyone's just spinning wheels waiting for reshoots.

Lmfao

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Punkin Spunkin posted:

best way to play Borderlands is on mute, it's not even that the plot is incomprehensible, it (and the dialogue and sense of humor) are all just incredibly obnoxious

It was all downhill after Scooter blew up. RIP, catch a riiiiiide

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

bows1 posted:

gently caress impressions I hate them

Are impressions some separate web 3.0 bullshit thing from views or something?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

davidspackage posted:

Are impressions some separate web 3.0 bullshit thing from views or something?

In YouTube terms an impression is how many times people have been shown it as something to watch, e.g. seeing the preview image. A view is if you actually do watch it.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

kiimo posted:

I mean, Moxxi is in her 50s so that one at least makes sense I guess.

Blanchett as Lillith is just weird though.

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

BioThermo posted:

GdT's horror anthology has finally got a trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3E1URhCR60

Looks fun, though it seems like the rumored Boot Riley collab episode didn't materialize.

Del Toro adapting Dreams In The Witch House? Sign me up

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

kiimo posted:

It was all downhill after Scooter blew up. RIP, catch a riiiiiide
amen

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Z3QKkl1WyM

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Bugblatter posted:

Bridge of Spies is a fantastic recent Spielberg film, penned by the Coen Brothers and starring Tom Hanks. It baffles me that it got overlooked, even in film buff circles.

I watched the first 1/3 of it than just changed to a different channel. Just felt very procedural with nothing in it that seemed new or particularly exciting.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

yeah for a Coen Brothers/Spielberg team up, Bridge of Spies was very dull

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
The problem with that movie and its ilk is that I don't want to see any of my favorite directors make tense, thoughtful, emotionally-resonant dramas that illuminate the depths of the human condition and experience. I want to see them make fun genre flicks with cool ideas and rad effects.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

lol passive aggressive much.

e: unless I have fallen for the oldest trick in the posting book, unable to pick up sarcasm (yet again)

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Nah, neither. I'm just an idiot with bad taste

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

The best thing about Bridge of Spies is that Mark Rylance won the Oscar while doing zero campaigning for it.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

I like a lot of the subtleties of Bridge of Spies. Rylance's outfits and body language in the mirrors being completely different from his actual appearance is established in the first scene and the film continues to have these bits of understated unreality that give views into the characters' subjective views of the world. It's a nice use of invisible vfx that blends in very naturally and some great visual storytelling. I like that Spielberg is leaning more into understated moments like that, as opposed to some of his more bombastic use of symbolism in his youth.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

This is an interesting premise for a horror movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOHNOJdRsUI

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth
Well I’ve always been terrified of fat women

I’ll pass on this one

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Ehud posted:

This is an interesting premise for a horror movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOHNOJdRsUI

This looks great, getting Carrie vibes with some nice European discomfort-satire thrown in.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

They Cloned Tyrone:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AWIF8maEP4

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09CnuYQe1fI

Eva :allears: