Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

congrats to latifi on making the same list as max, george, and charles. altho it is the fail drivers of the week list

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Watched the highlights
- Green track while the marshals are still dragging a wing out the barrier :stare:
- lol Renault engines
- George, stop moaning all the time

A very boring race, redeemed only with a good result for good quality manufacturers with real F1 history like Ferrari and McLaren, and Max having a bad time trying to do his dogshit dive bombing move.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Latifi is literally being paid to drive an F1 car professionally right at this moment

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Rectal Placenta posted:

Latifi is literally being paid to drive an F1 car professionally right at this moment

Define "paid".

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Astaldo posted:

I love it when the cars wiggle all race

:thunk: ....... :hmmyes:

Thanks Ants posted:

I'm just happy for the Papaya lads, OP!

Great day for The Boys!

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
what a dogshit race

good for checo I guess

gently caress the dutch

forza ferrari

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Agreed, they seem like messy put potential up and comers! Hopefully some day they can be as good as Ducati #forzaducati

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

this weekend, finally a real track?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

ethanol posted:

this weekend, finally a real track?

suzuka is the realest track there is baby

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

daslog posted:

The Singapore circuit brings a new definition of terrible. I've never seen a duller rain F1 race.

Saw a recap that made a good point - this was the worst-case scenario for a rain track drying off, due to the humidity, the night time condition, and the buildings surrounding the circuit.

Singapore is a tricky circuit for passing, but very slow drying off-line was going to make it impossible. Whole lot of action in the race but little change or activity at the front.

Alaois posted:

suzuka is the realest track there is baby

:hmmyes:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Repair handbooks?

I bet Someone’s grandad has an old Ferrari and accidentally found his way to the wrong/correct database and posted them on Facebook

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Just thinking about what to do with all the money I don't have.
Red Bull gives you wings?

https://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/comments/xv6w8z/these_f1_front_wing_masks_for_the_japanese_gp/

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
RBR is meeting with the Honda Board this week.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
This is extremely disappointing
https://twitter.com/CursedBalkanYT/status/1577312588903350275

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

i want to go to the japanese grand prix, sneak into the pits and put george's steering wheel on a tall cabinet so he can't get it.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Alaois posted:

suzuka Spa is the realest track there is baby

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Frond posted:

RBR is meeting with the Honda Board this week.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

lmfao

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Not surprising. He is a toxic person

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Cursed Balkan YouTube Comments

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Gerblederp posted:

Cursed Balkan YouTube Comments

aka All Balkan YouTube Comments

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

perfect

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Not surprising. He is a toxic person

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

I remember that Prost is half Armenian.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I saw that #costcappenscandal was a trending hashtag for this on Twitter and I think it's clunky and bad. Does anyone have anything better?

My wife says #MathsVerstappen which is pretty great. I was thinking #RedBudgetRacing, which is kinda meh

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
who cares about hashtags, op

#forzaFerrari

speng31b
May 8, 2010

people are saying the cost cap breakage by rbr got whittled down to 1mil in the FIA backrooms so they don't have to take any action

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

speng31b posted:

people are saying the cost cap breakage by rbr got whittled down to 1mil in the FIA backrooms so they don't have to take any action

the fix is in

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

speng31b posted:

All part of Der Plan

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

ReidRansom posted:

I saw that #costcappenscandal was a trending hashtag for this on Twitter and I think it's clunky and bad. Does anyone have anything better?

My wife says #MathsVerstappen which is pretty great. I was thinking #RedBudgetRacing, which is kinda meh

No, as usual there is nobody competent competing against Red Bull.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I would be genuinely curious to see what the punishment for a large break of the cost cap would be, especially when done in a year of major development. How would the FIA weasel their way out of serious repercussions when all the other teams would be out for blood?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
If Williams were cheating the hashtag could be #costcapito

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

There's got to be a Bull market joke here somewhere.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

My cousin suggests "Black Accounts Matter".

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

In The Red (Bull)

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

No wonder this poo poo took 10 months, the list of exceptions is massive.

And you know RB will have had a plan to reclassify as much as possible into this, even before they hide things in RBAT.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Non-F1 activities?

Nah this isn't F1 engine or wind tunnel testing, look it's in a boat

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

learnincurve posted:

Non-F1 activities?

Nah this isn't F1 engine or wind tunnel testing, look it's in a boat

I assume they have to do that because a lot of teams have like, technical/engineering consulting arms.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Ethiser posted:

I would be genuinely curious to see what the punishment for a large break of the cost cap would be, especially when done in a year of major development. How would the FIA weasel their way out of serious repercussions when all the other teams would be out for blood?

I suspect they'll just use rules lawyering over the exceptions + being super credulous about the teams reporting costs that are too low for certain items to make sure any breach is under the $7M threshold where they'd have to do anything "serious"

tbh i don't see how this turns into anything other than every team breaking the cap flagrantly and lying about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

speng31b posted:

tbh i don't see how this turns into anything other than every team breaking the cap flagrantly and lying about it.

The F1 glory years are back