Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Filthy Hans posted:

Philly has a long tradition of foppery
not surprising considering it's the Paris of the midwest

that’s Pittsburgh you charlatan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

The people who like fracking are the people who don't have to live next to fracking

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

the best part of the PA fracking boom was that the oil companies didn't have to pay the people for the leases because they charged them maintenance fees for the fracking equitment to eat up the lease payments

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

also using the radioactive waste brine as road salt

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

bedpan posted:

also using the radioactive waste brine as road salt

just blasting 2 dozen heavy trucks up and down a mountain road that was built in the 50s to access a handful of hunting cabins and bankrupting the county as they tried to keep up with fixing the roads

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

SorePotato posted:

The people who like fracking are the people who don't have to live next to fracking

I bet a double digit percentage of people who like fracking do because the word sounds cool to them.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
John Fetterman spells it fraccing

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

crip-controlled natural gas reserve

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Radical bald Crip ogre seizes power in the heartland of America and points a shotgun at lady liberty

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

SorePotato posted:

Radical bald Crip ogre seizes power in the heartland of America and points a shotgun at lady liberty

Ogres belong in swamps, so dc is perfect for him.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
republicans continue to make dems look way cooler than they actually are.
https://twitter.com/Pennthusiast/status/1575648700147245056?s=20&t=Mk40-ykfqLqKX6bqvRxrTw

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

Der Meister posted:

the other stuff is obvious political bullshit but have they actually convinced people that fracking is good

yeah, they hear on tv that it makes jobs and cheap gas and it pisses off libs, why wouldn't they

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Fett gonna blow it

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Uncle Wemus posted:

Fett gonna blow it

John Fetoman is as cooked as the good doctor’s turkey bacon, with salsa for extra protein.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

its funny cause one of the shittiest thing about Fetterman, aka the time he really "confronted crime" would just make chuds like him more if they knew about it

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

The Nastier Nate posted:

its funny cause one of the shittiest thing about Fetterman, aka the time he really "confronted crime" would just make chuds like him more if they knew about it

I’ve seen it in a few attack ads but yeah they can’t totally commit to it lol

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

Money man Dr. Oz couldn't handle the town of Braddock! When my insurance partner dad was paying for me to live there so I could fulfill my political ambitions, I got a real good understanding what life was like in town, and Dr. Oz would simply not last a minute there.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/LEBassett/status/1576992095897669633

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

The Nastier Nate posted:

Oz would have finished the job.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

dog torturer lol Jesus

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Vox Nihili posted:

he’s probably more of a G3 type of guy

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Vox Nihili posted:

maybe one of his hired goons

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

hmm how can we spin this...

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

uber_stoat posted:

(dr fauci voice) everyone pointlessly murders puppies for science actually nbd

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

uber_stoat posted:

proving the vaccine is deadly

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

https://twitter.com/JohnFetterman/status/1577304936345387009

could an American explain to me why this is so scandalous, I'm not up on tailgate etiquette

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

https://twitter.com/CookPolitical/status/1577325529866420225
:trumppop:

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

lol

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

FreeRangeHexagon posted:

https://twitter.com/JohnFetterman/status/1577304936345387009

could an American explain to me why this is so scandalous, I'm not up on tailgate etiquette

tailgating for a football game is hypermasculinized. shotgunning a beer and crushing the cannon your forehead is cheered, drinking wine is effeminate

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

I've worked in animal welfare here and I think the dog torture story is a big boost for oz

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

theflyingexecutive posted:

tailgating for a football game is hypermasculinized. shotgunning a beer and crushing the cannon your forehead is cheered, drinking wine is effeminate

In Australia cheap cask wine drunk from a plastic cup is pretty standard behaviour for whatever our equivalent of a frat boy is. People at house parties used to judge me as being somehow fancy for drinking Jameson instead of cask wine. Not that there aren't fancy wines here, but wine is not fancy in and of itself.

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

SorePotato posted:

I've worked in animal welfare here and I think the dog torture story is a big boost for oz

yeah, probably. Liberals consistently underestimate how mean and spiteful the lumpenproletariat are.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

FreeRangeHexagon posted:

In Australia cheap cask wine drunk from a plastic cup is pretty standard behaviour for whatever our equivalent of a frat boy is. People at house parties used to judge me as being somehow fancy for drinking Jameson instead of cask wine. Not that there aren't fancy wines here, but wine is not fancy in and of itself.

"wine is for pussies"

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

FreeRangeHexagon posted:

Well, in America it is. It's fancy and effeminate, despite being 2x to 5x stronger by volume.

Except loooww tier fortified wines like md 20/20 and thunderbird. People kinda don't know what to think about those.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

theflyingexecutive posted:

i think if it came from a box that would be ok

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

FreeRangeHexagon posted:

If everyone was drinking wine and it was either boxed wine or some kind of jungle juice punch made with cheap wine, it would be fine. it's mainly the juxtaposition of being the only guy with a clear cup compared to everyone else holding the classic red solo cup. They could be drinking wine too, we don't know.

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

More than anything else I find the rush to own him based on what he's drinking strange. Even if it was a cosmo or an appletini, fine, who gives a poo poo?

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

FreeRangeHexagon posted:

More than anything else I find the rush to own him based on what he's drinking strange. Even if it was a cosmo or an appletini, fine, who gives a poo poo?

You're not an American man. You just don't understand how gay wine is and how straight tailgate parties are.

It's stupid as hell, but that's exactly what it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

FreeRangeHexagon posted:

Ok, an Australian frat boy is the quintessential frail and pasty wine sipper