Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I have successfully made a Candace Hyperbloom team, even though she's low level for now, mostly a proof of concept. Although now the question is "why use Candace instead of literally any other Hydro character, who can all apply Hydro more regularly and create more blooms."

I suppose it is theoretically possible that her Burst creates more... burstiness by having two separates ICDs, the splash on switching and the infused normal attacks. Which would create more blooms faster than most people are capable of. Also there'd be less downtime if I had her at C1.

It is also theoretically possible that she herself could deal meaningful damage just with her attacks, although the jury is still out on that.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Oct 4, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Clarste posted:

It's nice not to have to build crit stats to see big numbers. I think that's why Aggravate has been underwhelming: yes, it CAN crit, but without both crit and EM it's extremely weak. Unless I'm missing something Hyperbloom doesn't seem great at AOE situations though. Well, I guess the solution there is more Hyperbloom.

I think that's one reason Ayato makes a pretty good hyperbloom driver: he does great AoE damage, while the hyperblooms do great single-target damage.

Though apparently hyperblooms are AoE, just an extremely small AoE, and so if you can group enemies with Venti you can actually hit multiple enemies per hyperbloom. I don't have Venti though so I can't test it myself.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Maybe I should go for Nilou instead of leveling up Candace for dumb reasons. Although I dunno how much she relies on her weird "dendro and hydro ONLY" gimmick passive.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Well Gamespot did some email "interview" with a "Hoyoverse Dev" and they briefly mentioned something about not wanting to do more content like Spiral Abyss in very vague causal email response terns so expect every place besides here to be kind of unbearable to talk about this game for a while as the usual suspects have another round of their favorite subject.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Clarste posted:

Maybe I should go for Nilou instead of leveling up Candace for dumb reasons. Although I dunno how much she relies on her weird "dendro and hydro ONLY" gimmick passive.
She is entirely one billion percent reliant on it, I think she is possibly the worst character in the game if you don't use it. The most obvious comp people are expecting for her is having 3 hydro then just keeping nahida on field to trigger bountiful blooms. Nilou's kit does so little that 4 Deepwood is probably proper so you can fit more EM/crit on Nahida.

Bountiful blooms are roughly as strong as hyperbloom so this will be a very strong comp btw. An alternative comp is keepkng nahida+dendro traveler off field and have an EM-stacked hydro trigger the bountifuls, but using something like EM stacked Xingqiu/Yelan leaves you short a healer and kokomi/barbara's application isnt amazing. Will be fun to play around with for sure.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

No Wave posted:

She is entirely one billion percent reliant on it, I think she is possibly the worst character in the game if you don't use it. The most obvious comp people are expecting for her is having 3 hydro then just keeping nahida on field to trigger bountiful blooms. Nilou's kit does so little that 4 Deepwood is probably proper so you can fit more EM/crit on Nahida.

Bountiful blooms are roughly as strong as hyperbloom so this will be a very strong comp btw. An alternative comp is keepkng nahida+dendro traveler off field and have an EM-stacked hydro trigger the bountifuls, but using something like EM stacked Xingqiu/Yelan leaves you short a healer and kokomi/barbara's application isnt amazing. Will be fun to play around with for sure.

That's not what I've heard. Certainly she won't be top tier in a vape comp but I've heard her in vape she's an average 5 star, which is impressive for having 2 dead passives and there not being a pyro XQ yet. Not worst unit in the game bad at the very least.

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much

FractalSandwich posted:

I guess that makes Jean a de facto military dictator. Some "City of Freedom".

In theory, in practice Jean is too busy helping the local fruit seller do his taxes to rule with an Iron fist.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Honestly I'm not sure how mondstat even runs itself, the knights technically have power but they couldn't even tell a child to get back inside the walls when there was a literal natural disaster on their doorstep

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Eimi posted:

That's not what I've heard. Certainly she won't be top tier in a vape comp but I've heard her in vape she's an average 5 star, which is impressive for having 2 dead passives and there not being a pyro XQ yet. Not worst unit in the game bad at the very least.
I'm not sure what average 5 star means in this context. Her damage and application both aren't good. I own the blue sword that looks nice on her and did some calculations and it does not seem to be it.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Xun posted:

Honestly I'm not sure how mondstat even runs itself, the knights technically have power but they couldn't even tell a child to get back inside the walls when there was a literal natural disaster on their doorstep

They are an anarchist commune with a volunteer knight association.

No Wave posted:

That's a shame. I guess we already have a "hit dudes with sword" hydro guy though. On messing around with it more though, I really like how many blooms Candance can proc in like 2 seconds while her Q is up, so maybe I could just use them both in a superbloom comp or whatever you call it. On the other hand if you're triggering them with water... well, it's harder to figure out who should get the EM. Maybe everyone, I guess.

Eimi posted:

So... Hydro Diluc?

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Clarste posted:

That's a shame. I guess we already have a "hit dudes with sword" hydro guy though. On messing around with it more though, I really like how many blooms Candance can proc in like 2 seconds while her Q is up, so maybe I could just use them both in a superbloom comp or whatever you call it. On the other hand if you're triggering them with water... well, it's harder to figure out who should get the EM. Maybe everyone, I guess.

So... Hydro Diluc?

Yeah basically about that level just with worse pyro supports....but making Xiangling vape isn't the worst thing in the world.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Honestly I wouldn't mind a Hydro Diluc too much... The thing about the Hyperbloom team, as I understand it, is that only one person is actually does reactions (23k Hyperbloom hits, woo!), and everyone else can't do any reactions for fear of messing with the perfect balance of Hyperblooms. So they just need to, like, hit things relatively hard on their own? In which case someone who is "okay at hitting things with a sword" starts to sound useful to me, maybe. Like, I'm already used to using Electro since launch, where the only reaction that mattered was VV...

I'm probably dumb. One anti-synergy that immediately comes to mind is that Nilou's E buff counts as Skill damage even when it changes your normal attack, while Candance's Q buffs normal attack damage...

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

The only thing that salvages diluc into average 5 star territory is bennett + diluc's E ICD, and nilou can't use bennett (pure HP scaler) and doesnt really have an E and she cant use crimson witch either. I want this to work, I have cool weapons for it, but we're approaching nuke build barbara levels of viability here.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Oct 4, 2022

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

What's wrong with her E?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

My favorite team before I pulled Ayaka was Diluc/Bennett/Xingqiu/Kazuha and I called it Batman & Robins

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Clarste posted:

Honestly I wouldn't mind a Hydro Diluc too much... The thing about the Hyperbloom team, as I understand it, is that only one person is actually does reactions (23k Hyperbloom hits, woo!), and everyone else can't do any reactions for fear of messing with the perfect balance of Hyperblooms. So they just need to, like, hit things relatively hard on their own? In which case someone who is "okay at hitting things with a sword" starts to sound useful to me, maybe. Like, I'm already used to using Electro since launch, where the only reaction that mattered was VV...

I'm probably dumb. One anti-synergy that immediately comes to mind is that Nilou's E buff counts as Skill damage even when it changes your normal attack, while Candance's Q buffs normal attack damage...

Yeah Candance not working with Nilou is just baffling to me given they came out in the same patch, and both have similar ideas of hydro infusion and buffed normals. Only Nilou's count as skill damage to mean Candace just has no home instead.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Clarste posted:

What's wrong with her E?
Oh, nothing, what I mean is when you compare diluc with nilou in their infused states Diluc has an E ability to create additional reactions and nilou is already in hers so effectively doesnt have one.

Kale
May 14, 2010

https://sensortower.com/blog/genshin-impact-mobile-two-years-analysis

In other news. So essentially guaranteed more than 2 billion a year assuming its made more than 300 million on PC and PSN which is an extremely safe assumption. A pretty good point of reference is Japan's Fate Grand Order which had earnings reports totalling up to just shy of 3.7 billion USD through its first 4 years on mobile which it remains strictly on. It has an arcade version but its a completely seperate game, as in if you have one character on a mobile account as far as I'm aware it does not apply to your arcade account.

Theres nobody tracking Genshins PC and PSN revenue because unlike IOS and Google the analysts from sensor tower don't seem to have access to Sony's data sheets and PC is directly to Mihoyo without any 3rd party so the only one who could disclose that is them.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

If Yunjin didn't exist, Candace would be a great support for a hypercarry Ayato, but as it is Yunjin gives him more damage than she does and his ER requirements are low enough that a hydro battery isn't really that necessary so :shrug:

I think maybe if you have Candace's C6 the extra hydro explosions might close the gap a bit?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

There are some advantages to using candace/bennett/ayato/kazuha given that applying the initial hydro with ayato can be awkward. But ofc there's that yelan character to contend with.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Just when you think the game is full of only plucky girls with unlimited virtue and power of friendship after 2.8s events its Top Mom Raiden with her "eternity" and Big Sis Rosaria with her camera angles to bring a ray of sunshine into your day. :smith:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Clarste posted:

It's nice not to have to build crit stats to see big numbers. I think that's why Aggravate has been underwhelming: yes, it CAN crit, but without both crit and EM it's extremely weak.

So did you go em sands, electro goblet, crit circlet for aggravate?

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Clarste posted:

The amusing thing to think about is that in contrast, Liyue is technically ancap, especially after Act 1, and is effectively ruled by a cartel of the top billionaires.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Been having a crazy lucky/"lucky" wish run (RIP Nahida), where I also got C1-C4 Kuki really quickly. How are you good people building her? Just iron sting and ideally x3 EM.. millelith?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

valuum posted:

Been having a crazy lucky/"lucky" wish run (RIP Nahida), where I also got C1-C4 Kuki really quickly. How are you good people building her? Just iron sting and ideally x3 EM.. millelith?

Depends on what you want to use her for. If you want her in a hyperbloom team, 3x EM, EM weapon (probably Iron Sting unless you have Freedom Sworn), and Gilded Dreams will get you the best damage. HP% makes her a better healer and she's great at using Millelith and the Favonius Sword if her personal hyperbloom damage isn't what you're after and you want her supporting others primarily.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Some more revelations from the beta and leaks.

Nahida might be applying strong dendro with her E, which will make her significantly better for bloom builds than initially thought.

Leaks of even more sumeru areas opening up in 3.3 and an extra chunk of liyue in 3.6

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Harrow posted:

Depends on what you want to use her for. If you want her in a hyperbloom team, 3x EM, EM weapon (probably Iron Sting unless you have Freedom Sworn), and Gilded Dreams will get you the best damage. HP% makes her a better healer and she's great at using Millelith and the Favonius Sword if her personal hyperbloom damage isn't what you're after and you want her supporting others primarily.

Spent some time with HP% at C0 earlier and it just wasnt any fun, going in for the full bloom now. I have 2/3 Gilded EM options after all the recent farming, and a Gilded electro dmg goblet even. Is a relatively low increase of EM better than electro %? (I should probably look that poo poo up)

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

valuum posted:

Spent some time with HP% at C0 earlier and it just wasnt any fun, going in for the full bloom now. I have 2/3 Gilded EM options after all the recent farming, and a Gilded electro dmg goblet even. Is a relatively low increase of EM better than electro %? (I should probably look that poo poo up)

Yes. Hyperbloom scales dramatically with EM and it deals dendro damage, so electro damage boosts won’t affect it. Her personal electro damage isn’t high enough to prioritize over getting those big big hyperblooms.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Electro% does nothing for hyperbloom damage (and neither will dendro dmg%). Hyperbloom dmg can only be increased by raising EM, leveling your kuki further, or reducing dendro res (zhongli and/or deepwood). Note that going from level 80 -> 90 increases hyperbloom damage by 40%.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Harrow posted:

Yes. Hyperbloom scales dramatically with EM and it deals dendro damage, so electro damage boosts won’t affect it. Her personal electro damage isn’t high enough to prioritize over getting those big big hyperblooms.

Alright, cheers!

e:

No Wave posted:

Electro% does nothing for hyperbloom damage (and neither will dendro dmg%). Hyperbloom dmg can only be increased by raising EM, leveling your kuki further, or reducing dendro res (zhongli and/or deepwood). Note that going from level 80 -> 90 increases hyperbloom damage by 40%.

That's crazy, and good info, thanks

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

https://twitter.com/Monolithiaaa/status/1544748263538331649

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Kuki can also use the 3* Dark Iron Sword that can only be obtained once, and it looks pretty good on her

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

One constant thing in Sumeru has been the "okay, I think about done with this zone" then finding a tiny hole in the ground that leads to a massive labyrinthian underworld that you'll spend at least three hours in.

I like it.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
I use the dark iron sword on Shinobu while Kazuha gets an r4 iron sting because these are my priorities.

Please don't make me level characters to 90. :( I guess it makes sense for Shinobu because she's both HP scaling and reaction scaling. I'll consider it right after I get around to leveling Zhongli, Hu Tao, Yelan, Kokomi, Diona, and Sucrose to 90 first.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Eimi posted:

Yeah Candance not working with Nilou is just baffling to me given they came out in the same patch, and both have similar ideas of hydro infusion and buffed normals. Only Nilou's count as skill damage to mean Candace just has no home instead.
She must be a key part of the Dehya vape build ahead of her time, like Shinobu was a perfect hyperbloom enabler ahead of her time. The world just isn't ready.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Sanctum posted:

I use the dark iron sword on Shinobu while Kazuha gets an r4 iron sting because these are my priorities.

Please don't make me level characters to 90. :( I guess it makes sense for Shinobu because she's both HP scaling and reaction scaling. I'll consider it right after I get around to leveling Zhongli, Hu Tao, Yelan, Kokomi, Diona, and Sucrose to 90 first.
You dont really need to level any of those except arguably sucrose in specific comps. Hyperbloom characters are about 3x more impactful to level than aggravate characters, which are themselves 3x more impactful than HP-scaling characters.

My only level 89s are tighnari (spread), cyno (aggravate+hyperbloom) and shinobu (hyperbloom). It's definitely too expensive for me to do everyone (and i'll mention that 80 -> 85 is half as expensive as 85 -> 90).

No Wave fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Oct 4, 2022

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!

x1o posted:

Finished the Archon quest finally and made a dent in the new event. Looking forward to drop kicking that douche Scaramouche into a volcano or something in the future.

Also before any additional endgame content is added I want Mihoyo to fill in this bit of the map because it's been annoying me since I started playing:

what secrets are you hiding there?!

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

I’d guess it’s the border of Fontaine, since it’s right next to the Oceanid, and we know she fled to Liyue from Fontaine.

This leak might be relevant (spoiler):
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/913137663400374312/1026849559118352384/SPOILER_image0.jpg

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

No Wave posted:

You dont really need to level any of those except arguably sucrose in specific comps. Hyperbloom characters are about 3x more impactful to level than aggravate characters, which are themselves 3x more impactful than HP-scaling characters.

My only level 89s are tighnari (spread), cyno (aggravate+hyperbloom) and shinobu (hyperbloom). It's definitely too expensive for me to do everyone (and i'll mention that 80 -> 85 is half as expensive as 85 -> 90).
The only thing stopping me from levelling my sad 60/60 Shinobu and giving hyperbloom a shot is that I don't really want to fight the Ruin Serpent another 20 times.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
speaking of weapons, does anyone besides Cyno actually want the new event spear? I have no clue what to do with it but I kind of want to level it up anyway because of the event 1.5x exp thing. I doubt it outperforms Catch on xiangling?

Sanctum posted:

all of those characters you listed except sucrose get like 1/10th as much value from level 90 as actual reaction based characters like sucrose, kazuha, hyperbloom kuki
stat scaling from going 80->90 is really not a big deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

FractalSandwich posted:

The only thing stopping me from levelling my sad 60/60 Shinobu and giving hyperbloom a shot is that I don't really want to fight the Ruin Serpent another 20 times.
Well, you can give it a shot now, but you'll have to multiply the green numbers you see by 450% to see what the level 90 damage would look like.