Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

ChesterJT posted:

I dont even care much about the results. I just want them to get to the episode to hear them talk about Pepe Sylvia and whether CARRROOOOLLL is real or not.

ShoogaSlim posted:

i already have to listen to people talk about their weird experimental spiritual alternative therapy or whatever. i dont need any of that on the one comedy podcast i enjoy.

Pretty much how I feel. Listening to a bunch of a middle aged men spend 30 minutes talking about their doctors or give a thrilling account about how one time a lady in an airport was rude to them isn't really doing it for me. I'd much rather them talk about the next episode than hear Rob's earnest opinion about preventive medicine or anything about LA traffic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

i will admit there's catharsis in hearing other people talk about the traffic i am more than likely sitting in at any given moment

but yeah thats not why i tune in. talk about the show that made you famous you savage idiots

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Well, you guys have bad opinions and should feel extreme shame. The podcasts where they just talk about random stuff are and always have been the best ones. I wouldn't give a poo poo if they never spoke about episodes again because it's always just them going "hah, yes, that was funny, I remember that" which is boring. Their tangents and bullshit IS the podcast

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Collapsing Farts posted:

Well, you guys have bad opinions and should feel extreme shame. The podcasts where they just talk about random stuff are and always have been the best ones. I wouldn't give a poo poo if they never spoke about episodes again because it's always just them going "hah, yes, that was funny, I remember that" which is boring. Their tangents and bullshit IS the podcast

This is also a bad opinion because they often have fascinating or hilarious insights into the making of the show when they actually talk about…the show. I agree however that the tangent episodes are also very good.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

the tangent episodes are good except for when they spout a bunch of pseudoscience bullshit for an hour while having no clue what medicine is actually like

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

my guy does like, western medicine, but he also uses science and data

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

Aye Doc posted:

the tangent episodes are good except for when they spout a bunch of pseudoscience bullshit for an hour while having no clue what medicine is actually like

i thought it was funny

JaneError
Feb 4, 2016

how would i even breathe on the moon?
I did lol when Rob asserted that IQ tests were "more objective" predictors of intelligence.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

especially right after saying how standardized tests can be racist lol

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

ShoogaSlim posted:

i will admit there's catharsis in hearing other people talk about the traffic i am more than likely sitting in at any given moment

but yeah thats not why i tune in. talk about the show that made you famous you savage idiots

Bet they wish they hadn't rushed through season 1 at two episodes a week now huh :smug: Seems like once they realized how popular the podcast was they started looking for ways to stretch it out. Oh somebody has a funny story? That's 45 minutes right there :colbert: I bet their end plan is to get us down to realtime, one season per year.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
They already said they're killing time until their live shows

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Impressive how quickly they took a very funny and genuine lo-fi podcast and injected it full of meandering filler and fail monetisation

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

No Dignity posted:

Impressive how quickly they took a very funny and genuine lo-fi podcast and injected it full of meandering filler and fail monetisation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNRNfRsQFS8

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
Not liking the filler episodes is one thing but which podcast doesn't have ads

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Volte posted:

The Better Call Saul Insider Podcast :colbert:

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Volte posted:

This is the only podcast I've spent any amount of time with that has ads

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Volte posted:

I've seen plenty of podcasts that sell out but put them all at the end so you don't have to skip bullshit in the middle of an episode.

I also liked Rob saying "why do people think we had plastic surgery?" with a straight face.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

Collapsing Farts posted:

I agree with this.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
I was trying to stay positive about the whole blood tests plot thread but honestly this just sucks

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
I'm not going to watch it. Who's dying the fastest?

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

"We're not even sure if that's a cancer at that point. We don't even treat those."

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

i sit in traffic on the way home for about an hour and fifteen minutes, and i couldn't make it through the entire episode. i tried. it really is peak self indulgence for the gang to make an episode of their comedy show just some doctor reading numbers from a medical chart and dryly explaining how HDL and LDL are different and that a 0.8 is better than a 0.9 or whatever. hooooly poo poo, guys.

of the ~60% i listened to, charlie is the rare saving grace with some self deprecating humor about being unhealthy.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I liked it because much like the boys, I care about my health so the numbers were interesting

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

Not the best of the podcast, but i still found it kinda interesting. I certainly can't say i really expected the results to skew the way they did

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Zzulu posted:

I liked it because much like the boys, I care about my health so the numbers were interesting

Sure but why would you care about the health of actors in a tv show you watch?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

ChesterJT posted:

It's also the health of writers of a tv show I watch!

Strabo4
Jun 1, 2007

Oh god, I'm 'sperging all
over this thread too!

I turned it off on the first part when Glenn was talking about the battery of tests he'd undergone that as a poor I've never had, I couldn't care less what rich people do on their rich people insurance.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
In Sweden at least taking a comprehensive test like that would be around 100 bucks (it's something I do once a year)

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Slightly Absurd posted:

Not the best of the podcast, but i still found it kinda interesting. I certainly can't say i really expected the results to skew the way they did

Zzulu posted:

even when meg would be like "the score tally is now charlie: 1, rob: 3, meg: 4, and glenn: 8" i had no idea what that actually even meant. they turned reading bloodwork into chardee mcdennis where the points don't matter and it's just a means to an end. in this case, the end is a bad episode of the podcast.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Zzulu posted:

In Sweden at least taking a comprehensive test like that would be around 100 bucks (it's something I do once a year)
Really? The cheapest place I've found in Sweden is Werlabs, and if you want to run the same battery of tests as the Gang it'd land at roughly $275 (because companies like Werlabs group their tests in packages; you can't pick and choose). And AFAIK they don't check your blood pressure.

Edit: also, the impersonal analysis/comments from the Random Internet Doctor who's supposedly looked at your results feel like an automated response.

Edit2: @Zzulu Thanks! I'm gonna order one then.

anatomi fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Oct 4, 2022

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

ChesterJT posted:

They're not just actors The Gang is real and they are my friends :mad:

ShoogaSlim posted:

even when meg would be like "the score tally is now charlie: 1, rob: 3, meg: 4, and glenn: 8" i had no idea what that actually even meant. they turned reading bloodwork into chardee mcdennis where the points don't matter and it's just a means to an end. in this case, the end is a bad episode of the podcast.

"All of these numbers are well within normal ranges..."
"Yeah, but who has the ~best~ number?"

Obviously not going down as a classic episode, but as someone rapidly approaching mid-40s I didn't hate it. Now if I could just get my hands on some of that good good Charlie blood...

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

anatomi posted:

Really? The cheapest place I've found in Sweden is Werlabs, and if you want to run the same battery of tests as the Gang it'd land at roughly $275 (because companies like Werlabs group their tests in packages; you can't pick and choose). And AFAIK they don't check your blood pressure.

Edit: also, the impersonal analysis/comments from the Random Internet Doctor who's supposedly looked at your results feel like an automated response.

Basically all of the big tests like kidney, liver, testosterone, cholesterole, diabetes etc (31 markers in total) are part of the basic package in werlabs which costs 128 bucks right now

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

I'm fine with the Americans, having to deal with their inhuman system as they are, but you 2 [...]

E. Swedish Hospital is for the sick not the paranoid hypochondriac

ThisIsJohnWayne fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Oct 4, 2022

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Didn't watch the episodes but was Robs blood all steroidy.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

drunken officeparty posted:

Didn't watch the episodes but was Robs blood all steroidy.

Doesn't matter he had over 1100 testosterone, the manliest of men. (Basically nobody had a reading outside of the OK range.)

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
It helped to watch this one at 1.5-2x speed on YouTube.

Also hope Meg keeps reading the subreddit and tries to take what worthwhile feedback she can, as she’s hinted at in the past. The live shows and the two-part health derail compounded a bit, seemed better when they had an episode-based pod and a conversation pod alternating.

I grew up in LA and live in SD so hearing their stories of going to an in&out drive thru or dining in La Jolla is fun, but the audience seemed happier when they mixed in episode shows too.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
I got bored of this episode too. What were the plastic surgery comments someone mentioned? Do people think Rob's been under the knife?

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

i used to think rob had plastic surgery but now i just think his face is showing the weight of having gained and then lost 100 pounds, before transitioning right into getting ripped as hell and taking HGH

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

Mister Speaker posted:

I got bored of this episode too. What were the plastic surgery comments someone mentioned? Do people think Rob's been under the knife?

charlie day has been wearing another man's nose for the better part of a decade now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
That was some real bad pod.

Also Robs forehead looked seriously Botoxed there for a while. It would only kinda wrinkle.