Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
FYI to artifact route nerds. The rolling weeds in the desert count as artifact points if you do them before your daily route. Note that some of them are still farmable AFTER you do your daily route and get your 100 points, but I'm not sure what the deal with those are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

speaking of weapons, does anyone besides Cyno actually want the new event spear? I have no clue what to do with it but I kind of want to level it up anyway because of the event 1.5x exp thing. I doubt it outperforms Catch on xiangling?

all of those characters you listed except sucrose get like 1/10th as much value from level 90 as actual reaction based characters like sucrose, kazuha, hyperbloom kuki
stat scaling from going 80->90 is really not a big deal.

https://twitter.com/Genshinmem/status/1575064784495865856

It's a spear, so thus it belongs to Xiangling.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

x1o posted:

Finished the Archon quest finally and made a dent in the new event. Looking forward to drop kicking that douche Scaramouche into a volcano or something in the future.

Also before any additional endgame content is added I want Mihoyo to fill in this bit of the map because it's been annoying me since I started playing:

what secrets are you hiding there?!

I thought that section was locked behind an Aranara quest? There's an underground entrance to it I found that has some Aranara stuff but I don't have the song to open it.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Lobsterpillar posted:

I thought that section was locked behind an Aranara quest? There's an underground entrance to it I found that has some Aranara stuff but I don't have the song to open it.

I think you're thinking of a different section. That screenshot is of a section between Liyue and Mondstadt.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Lobsterpillar posted:

That's between Liyue and Mondstadt. Also, isn't the Mondstadt harbor area meant to be northeast of Mondstadt?

Kale
May 14, 2010

Thank loving christ for this thread where I can have discussions that arent just about "end game content". I'm glad they put the current event in Mondstadt cause there hasnt been much revolving around that region at all this year and it means I don't have to scramble off to the desert right away just to keep current with the story and event.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

It kind of amazes me that they put in a non insignificant amount of work into these events and when they're over the content is just...gone forever. I mean, I would have enjoyed doing the lantern festival thing in liyue among other stuff but I guess it just sucks for me that I started playing too late

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

It kind of amazes me that they put in a non insignificant amount of work into these events and when they're over the content is just...gone forever. I mean, I would have enjoyed doing the lantern festival thing in liyue among other stuff but I guess it just sucks for me that I started playing too late

In the same interview that everyone is all riled up about they were asked about allowing new users to see old limited time content and that they are “looking into solutions for it.” Whatever that means.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The main problem is phone size, they had to jerry rig a deletion option to get rid of those finished scenes.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
Funnily enough, if they were just playing poo poo off youtube instead of locally, the cutscenes might not poo poo themselves and fall over so much.

I do kinda like that the events happen in "real time," so they can refer back to last year's lantern rite and so on, but it is pretty terrible that there's no way to go back and see what any of the ones you missed were. Doubly so since it's taken them 2 years to get to "eventually you can delete old cutscene data." It's kinda like how you can't really go back and see the cutscenes for the old archon stories, but they've kept the voice data available if you (for some reason) wanted to read through the text log of the quest. But you can't see a list of quests you've completed, unless you poke around the reputation centers. Lot of weird decisions involving past content.

Kale posted:

Thank loving christ for this thread where I can have discussions that arent just about "end game content". I'm glad they put the current event in Mondstadt cause there hasnt been much revolving around that region at all this year and it means I don't have to scramble off to the desert right away just to keep current with the story and event.

I'm vaguely hoping they'll keep not-oktoberfest as mondstad's annual thing. It's been pretty alright, even if "people put out little gifts for strangers (they're all from people you met, coincidentally), but it's cool if you, in particular, just take all of them" is a bit of a weird tradition. Maybe we're just using our 7th dimensional powers to pick the gifts from people we like, and also random hunters.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
With Collei being offered as a permanently available unlock I now have C6 Collei.

This was in no way intended and I think I have a couple of C2 and a handful of C1 characters outside of her, nothing close. I just really wanted Zhongli and had a really weird run of luck.

Fortunately Collei seems to do a good job throwing dendro everywhere so I’m just rolling with it. Never did get Zhongli.

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!
I think it could also be that past events assume that the game world is in a certain state (e.g. Sumuru doesn't exist), and getting those old events to populate correctly in the latest version without weird dependency issues is not a trivial task.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Come to think of it, it's been ages since I've seen an npc conflict in a quest.

I'm assuming it would completely choke on itself if you tried to rerun say, the fischl event at the same time as this one. Or a previous lantern rite during a current one.

It would probably work fine if they popped that event world out as its own map, but that's insane, so they definitely wouldn't.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Zenostein posted:

I'm assuming it would completely choke on itself if you tried to rerun say, the fischl event at the same time as this one. Or a previous lantern rite during a current one.

It would probably work fine if they popped that event world out as its own map, but that's insane, so they definitely wouldn't.

There is, according to reddit, a fairly nasty one if you are mid-Tighnari's story quest when doing Sumeru Chapter 3. Apperantly they had to do each quest one step at a time because Tighnari kept moving to the other quest.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

If you tried to do the main story quest of this patch while having Tighnaris story quest unlocked but not started it triggers a bunch of goofy conflicts. You're forced to do his quest until the part where you feed the Sumpter Beast, at which point he vanishes to go be in the main quest.

e;fb

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
https://streamable.com/cq2q7b

The Cyno comp. note the hyperbloom damage.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Oct 5, 2022

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Hm, then perhaps my ignoring the annoying new story quest icon was good. Seems like cyno would have issues, at least until you've run out of archon quest.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
I do think people were too hard on Cyno, and that a lot of people underrate hyperbloom as a supplemental reaction for aggravate (the way overload is for vaporize).

But it's pretty funny how mhy ended up releasing a Xingqiu dependant selfish hypercarry in tyool 2022 lol

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

MoonCrab posted:

I do think people were too hard on Cyno, and that a lot of people underrate hyperbloom as a supplemental reaction for aggravate (the way overload is for vaporize).

But it's pretty funny how mhy ended up releasing a Xingqiu dependant selfish hypercarry in tyool 2022 lol

His main problem is that his burst lasts too long, but if they introduce any dendro units, or buffers in general, whose buffs last longer his stocks can only go up. And he's getting one of those next patch at least.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

No Wave posted:

https://streamable.com/cq2q7b

The Cyno comp. note the hyperbloom damage.

it'd be nice if he broke down the sets on each

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

I actually managed to get Katheryne into npc conflict. She was locked up as nahida so I couldn't get sumeru commissions unlocked for a while, I was behind on archon quest.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

ninjoatse.cx posted:

it'd be nice if he broke down the sets on each
hehe that's me! These are the builds:

pardon the C2, that cyno is hitting harder than it would without it, but the hyperbloom damage would be the same. Just pretend the DB is R5 and the talents are level 10 and the flower is better and then its maybe kind of in the same ballpark. The C6 beidou is unfortunately really important because no res reduction otherwise. Deepwood brings the blooms from 20k to 25k so its a pretty amazing set.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
It depends on who you're listening to because that exact team was an option floating around in TC before Cyno came out and I posted about it here before Cyno came out. It's just not as good as the Sucrose variant because Sucrose can swirl hydro in AoE situations to get more seeds than Cyno not to mention her grouping. The Cyno team does have the advantage in tank since Beidou and XQ give you like 70%+ damage reduction.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Is there no risk of Beidou triggering hyperbloom?

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
Her burst can't target the dendro cores.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

gandlethorpe posted:

Is there no risk of Beidou triggering hyperbloom?
Weirdly enough, none. I didn't even remember that was a feature, she's mostly nice because damage reduction stacks additively with xingqiu and she gives -RES and cyno is really good at triggering her Q. She's always been a super strong character that was usually sidelined for various reasons so it's cool having someone meshing so well with her/relying so much on her.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Oct 5, 2022

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

No Wave posted:

hehe that's me! These are the builds:

pardon the C2, that cyno is hitting harder than it would without it, but the hyperbloom damage would be the same. Just pretend the DB is R5 and the talents are level 10 and the flower is better and then its maybe kind of in the same ballpark. The C6 beidou is unfortunately really important because no res reduction otherwise. Deepwood brings the blooms from 20k to 25k so its a pretty amazing set.

Nice. I always forget about Beidou’s elec resist shred

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

What does crit rate do on the hyperbloom team? Is it because burst/skills can still crit?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
All four characters deal crit-capable damage, the hyperbloom is just sort of a bonus and happens to be triggered by the character who naturally wants a good amount of EM

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

What does crit rate do on the hyperbloom team? Is it because burst/skills can still crit?
Honestly I don't know what the damage spread actually is. I see some aggravates and there's still a lot of raw damage. I think no more than 300,000 of that ~720,000 damage is hyperbloom (after roughly attempting to frame by frame), and the rest of it really likes crit. EM has huge diminishing returns past 700 or so, so I think crit ends up being better after that (I had a 1100 EM kuki that was "only" doing 32,000 hyperblooms). In any case Cyno is the only one who needs much EM, Beidou might sneak in a few aggravates but not many. This comp is so strange to theorycraft that I couldn't even find any attempt at math on dragon's bane for cyno outside of straight aggravate.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Oct 5, 2022

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Well I found all the other festival hampers on my own, but the last one has me stumped. What does "the symbol of Mondstadt's hero" refer to?

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

FractalSandwich posted:

Well I found all the other festival hampers on my own, but the last one has me stumped. What does "the symbol of Mondstadt's hero" refer to?

The Windrise tree.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Fuckin' hell, that was like the first place I looked. It's right there, too. I must have skirted just outside detection range on both sides. Thanks.

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

*~:coffeepal:~*
I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

*~:h:~*

FractalSandwich posted:

It's close to where you found number 6 of the same batch. I personally found it almost accidentally on the way to the thing in the spoiler.

e:f;b

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I couldn't find the red tent.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
On the bright side, all that running around made me discover my new favourite team for overworld mobility: Mona + Sayu + any other anemo. Mona can just sprint forever in between spin dashes. Your only weakness is slightly bumpy terrain.

The wiki says alternate sprints aren't affected by stamina discounts, but I conducted an informal test, and it seems like the stamina buff from anemo resonance might still apply, on top of the movement speed one. I admit my measurements weren't very precise.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Zenostein posted:

It might be you just have completed enough of the content or didn't impulse accept every quest/unlock character stories to burn keys without planning on doing the quests. For the Monstad event I had a chain of 3 or 4 "Sorry an NPC you need is busy on another quest" that had me chain hop to 2-3 steps of a different story quests. Thankfully most of the lockout tends to just be "you need to go to this tavern/office/whatever and trigger a dialog" and not a matter of having to fully complete quest chains.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Wow, Noelle AND Diona's very first non-hangout appearance. That's everyone now, finally two years afte rlaunch.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Stare-Out posted:

The Windrise tree.

It's funny, I was thinking about that clue like "Okay, it's talking about Vanessa, but what is their symbol?" Then I stumbled on it while doing the story quest and remembered"oh, doy, Jean came to the tree when she was contemplating Vanessa in her story quest."

That was a fun little event. Is the version just not going to have an active flagship for the second half of the patch? My only experience is with the last two patches, and their flagships lasted the whole way through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Yeah - full-patch events are fairly rare (there have been maybe five or so), normally it's there's an early bigger event then smaller ones through the second half. In this patch's case it's a Hyakunin Ikki rerun and something called Star-Seeker's Sojourn.