Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aardvark Barber
Sep 7, 2007

Delivery in less than two minutes or your money back!

mine is just constant "0 players ahead of you" but it never moves ahead or changes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Aardvark Barber posted:

mine is just constant "0 players ahead of you" but it never moves ahead or changes

Just like life

Reasier
Jan 20, 2022

Aardvark Barber posted:

Switch to Asia servers, it'll put you on a US server but the queue will move.

If you want to play on Linux, use Bottles + Caffe 7.18 and system sync nad it will work.

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin
Played my first and last match, was not fun and feels bad to play

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.
If you own Overwatch 1 do you get that premium battlepass thing that unlocks Kiriko immediately?

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
been in queue 90 minutes and i'm giving up now. least it's free to not play, too!

e: oh wait there it goes

TenementFunster fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Oct 5, 2022

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

DarkAvenger211 posted:

If you own Overwatch 1 do you get that premium battlepass thing that unlocks Kiriko immediately?

lol no

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

yes you do

are u just some idiot moron? what are u doing here

DrBox
Jul 3, 2004

Sombody call the doctor?

DarkAvenger211 posted:

No to the premium battlepass but yes to unlocking Kiriko immediately.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
havent queued or tried to play ow2 all day. having a great time.

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

Just want to confirm that despite all this talk about weird game modes like "competitive" and "quick play", the actual OW game of Mystery Heroes is still there?

If so, anyone able to say how it plays with only 5v5?

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

hol up

those ain't the old credits that carried over, these are 2016 original launch skins tho so how much could they cost?

:staredog:

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

Coward posted:

Just want to confirm that despite all this talk about weird game modes like "competitive" and "quick play", the actual OW game of Mystery Heroes is still there?

If so, anyone able to say how it plays with only 5v5?

Yeah it is a non-arcade quick play mode now, which gives me hopes it will one day be competitive. It was not too bad. If you get 3 tanks and 2 supports, you are in pretty good shape, but I don't think tanks are too far unbalanced.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Why does this game have Valorant's UI?

Actually, why is the new DPS a Valorant character in all but game?

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Got in and the first game I played was for some reason a 3 v 5 that went the whole way without adding 2 other players to our team. GOTY

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Sure would love to fire up some OW1 mystery heroes to relax after work like usual

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Finally got to play a couple of unranked games, went 1-1 but lag was real bad and targets and myself were teleport skipping everywhere from time to time.

I hope it's just me and I can fix it by going wired instead of wireless though.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
is every blizzard thread in this forum full of the most whiny bitches

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
First impressions:

The main menus are a lot sleeker and more streamlined than before. The game overall feels more modern.

The lighting/sound quality are a lot better than in OW1. The sound effects in particular seem a lot boomier/punchier than before, like you're actually fighting on a battlefield.

The gameplay (so far) is better too, IMO, mainly thanks to a lot less shields/stuns. You feel way more exposed, so the firefights are a lot more engaging than before. I feel like I have more of an impact on the fight as an individual than before instead of feeling like a cog in a machine I couldn't do a whole lot to steer.

Having my first match be a robot push map was incredibly disorienting and I had no idea what the hell was going on. Flashbacks to early OW1 days lol.

I tried purchasing an orange Kirko skin (orange color, not legendary) with legacy credits, but it wouldn't give me the option to equip it afterwards so I think it's bugged. Also, it's very curious that the skin/emote/etc rarities in the list are flipped from before, going from legendary to rare instead of vice-versa. The most interesting skins are obviously Battlepass-only whereas they would have been unlockable legendary skins before in OW1. Blizzard is definitely not being subtle about consumer manipulation this time around.

Facing Widowmaker is loving AWFUL with reduced shields, especially on King's Row defense.

The heroes react more dynamically to what's happening in the battle (for example: 80-50 will have your character quip they might/probably will win), but some of the new reactive voice lines are pretty cheesy ("One, two! Buckle my shoe!" urgh).

Overall, I think OW2 is more fun and engaging than OW1 was, but I'm sure to reminisce on the old days eventually.

e: Oh yeah. The new endorsement system is loving confusing and I wish they would've kept the old system instead. vvvv

Roadhog's ult feels more powerful, but landing a hook seems to need even greater precision than before. I think the max hook length has been slightly reduced as well?

Despite his increased cheesiness, I enjoy Junkrat's even zanier personality and quips and I'm cackling alongside with him whenever I make things go boom. :allears: I'm not a fan of his changed portrait icon with the clean hair, but I'm glad I can still use the old skins with the same dirty hair instead.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Oct 5, 2022

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

we couldn't very well have that, now could we

also if that looks kinda hosed it's because their UI element is lopsided by a pixel

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

verbal enema posted:

You have an incredible rapsheet of drunken anime hornyposting.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Ok, I could have just pretended this never happened, but I'm going to come clean.

I just "caved in" and went to add SMS authentication to my bnet account...

My phone number is already there. I must have added it years ago without a second thought. I'm a fuckin' idiot.

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

First impressions:

The main menus are a lot sleeker and more streamlined than before.

The lighting/sound quality are a lot better than in OW1. The sound effects in particular seem a lot boomier/punchier than before, like you're actually fighting on a battlefield.

The gameplay (so far) is better too, IMO, mainly thanks to a lot less shields/stuns. You feel way more exposed, so the firefights are a lot more engaging than before. I feel like I have more of an impact on the fight as an individual than before instead of feeling like a cog in a machine I couldn't do a whole lot to steer.

Having my first match be a robot push map was incredibly disorienting and I had no idea what the hell was going on. Flashbacks to early OW1 days lol.

I tried purchasing an orange Kirko skin (orange color, not legendary) with legacy credits, but it wouldn't give me the option to equip it afterwards so I think it's bugged. Also, it's very curious that the skin/emote/etc rarities in the list are flipped from before, going from legendary to rare instead of vice-versa. The most interesting skins are obviously Battlepass-only whereas they would have been unlockable legendary skins before in OW1. Blizzard is definitely not being subtle about consumer manipulation this time around.

Facing Widowmaker is loving AWFUL with reduced shields, especially on King's Row defense.

The heroes react more dynamically to what's happening in the battle (for example: 80-50 will have your character quip they might/probably will win), but some of the new reactive voice lines are pretty cheesy ("One, two! Buckle my shoe!" urgh).

Overall, I think OW2 is more fun and engaging than OW1 was, but I'm sure to reminisce on the old days eventually.

e: Oh yeah. The new endorsement system is loving confusing and I wish they would've kept the old system instead. vvvv

Roadhog's ult feels more powerful, but landing a hook seems to need even greater precision than before.

I'm sorry but there's an embargo on positive OW2 reactions. Launch is reserved for complaints.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
game still lets me spam “is this easy mode?” at opponents 10/10

Josherino
Mar 24, 2021

Can everyone log off for a bit so i'm under 20k for a couple hours - thanks.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

here’s the only OW2 review you need:

core gameplay got better

everything surrounding core gameplay got worse

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Also, can you not use the Acknowledge command to get people to pay attention to the payload anymore? Is that a separate command now?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Jack B Nimble posted:

Ok, I could have just pretended this never happened, but I'm going to come clean.

I just "caved in" and went to add SMS authentication to my bnet account...

My phone number is already there. I must have added it years ago without a second thought. I'm a fuckin' idiot.

Why would adding a layer of account security be considered caving in?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Barreft posted:

You have an incredible rapsheet of drunken anime hornyposting.

goddamn right i do im an honest poster

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

From my experience with the beta, supports have to look out for each other, because no other bastard will.

:lol: This is actually pretty spot-on. I played a map just earlier (I think Brazil?) where we were at a corner and an enemy Genji got behind us and was just bouncing around throwing shurikens at our backline.

Apparently I was the only one on the team who knew the secret of Turning Around and killed him to help out the support being harassed (who also did not Turn Around).

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
yeah the actual game is pretty drat solid. Coming from OW1 with a bunch of skins I already earned the battlepass is also really easily ignorable so far and I'm loving terrible with the 30 characters I already have anyway.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Still not able to play.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

verbal enema posted:

yes you do

are u just some idiot moron? what are u doing here

user, post

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Feel like I was just tricked back into overwatch but whatever . Lucio time

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

Wait DVA EDM skin has musical sound effects while boosting and bombing???

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

verbal enema posted:

yes

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

It blows my mind that this game has been running for 6 years, and they manage to screw up a minor patch pretending to be a major update. The literal only difference is that a logo artist put a 2 next to Overwatch. This was a really pathetic rebrand of the game in order to bring back people, and the pay off so far has not been worth it for anyone.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Gameplay seems higher skill ceiling for sure, but I wanna say

If you solo queue, you are probably hosed. This game is twice as poo poo to play as OW1 if you aren't on the same page as the rest of your team. Granted, there is one less person per team so that is more likely to happen, but i've had some absolutely miserable games due to no team cohesion. Ultimately, that is why most of the people I know that were heavy into OW1 ended up quiting the game; it got to the point where it was a chore to play anything but a premade.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

verbal enema posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
MH still goated. For a while I though they'd tweaked it to always have at least one of each role on each team but no, it was just an insanely balanced run at it. The only thing I'm mad about is they got rid of the fire gauge which was the one visible metric that I actually thought was useful. Queue times in QP are great. Junker Queen is a lot of fun to play but she feels like rein in that if your healers aren't pumping resources into you its hard to get much value out of her

Jezza of OZPOS fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Oct 5, 2022